Killing Is Cheating?

ok well everyone probably uses the tactic of flooring someone and then timing it perfectly to finish them with 1 stubby round as they are getting up. well i was playing today in a server with 2 friends and a couple of other people today and i was using that tactic and i owned my friend like 9 fucking times in a row and he didnt manage to shoot or carfag me once and then finally he decided that the tactic was "cheating". i was like, wtF??? he said that i had no honour and if i did it there in america i would get battered the fuck out of. so i told him to go and say that in partyserver or something, but instead he just uninstalled mta. i guess hes probably pissed off also that i owned him 25 times in a row the other day using the same tactic. he also says i health hack because when he tries to carfag me i dodge it or jump over the car and i rarely lose health. am i cheating or what?

Edited by Guest

well, there are two methods of using the stubby (the gun you described). one is running and shooting, which is perfectly fine; and the other is jumping away from shots, which has a problem. it seems that while jumping and shooting you seem to be harder to hit, because you appear to be warping around (not sure though, havnt really tested it).jumping and shooting like that is considered "glitching" most of the time, and on some servers its as bad as cheating.

the problem with that is, that people werent aware of this bug in earlier version, and trained hard to master jumping, and when 0.41 came out people started paying more attantion to it. though you still can see many players (expirienced and not) using it, just because its easy kills (most people dont know how to dodge it properly).

well, there are two methods of using the stubby (the gun you described). one is running and shooting, which is perfectly fine; and the other is jumping away from shots, which has a problem. it seems that while jumping and shooting you seem to be harder to hit, because you appear to be warping around (not sure though, havnt really tested it).jumping and shooting like that is considered "glitching" most of the time, and on some servers its as bad as cheating.

the problem with that is, that people werent aware of this bug in earlier version, and trained hard to master jumping, and when 0.41 came out people started paying more attantion to it. though you still can see many players (expirienced and not) using it, just because its easy kills (most people dont know how to dodge it properly).

i see peoples animation, people dont warp whilst jumping at all as far as i know.

Jumping was used from version 0.2 onwards by most people, simply because if you get hit midair you wont fall over and be helpless. This fell out of favour in 0.3 thanks to a certain gang finding and using a horrible glitch that broke animations and did make them appear to warp, making them impossible to hit in return by anything but luck. This has been fixed in 0.4 therefore people are beginning to jump again which does NOT break animations nor does it cause warping. Some people take it a little too far and jump ALL the time they are on foot and within half a mile of another player, wether being shot by a shotgun or a pistol, resulting in them just looking really really silly, they are still easy to hit. Provided you can still aim whilst laughing at them :)

Treat it like jumpers in CS when using an AWP, you know where they are going to land so aim there :)

jumping 0.2-0.3r2 wasnt complained about at all. i cant find one thread. now that 0.4 is here and the massive warp glitch has been disabled people are trying to say its a glitch thats just as bad as some others that gangs have found to justify themselves. its like, COMON PEOPLE :roll:

I've never seen anyone warp using the jump, and I use it with any weapon, however this said glitch may be lag related to the jump. I've noticed a few times a player with shoot midair, or from their feet as they land, it quite often gets me by surprise, and I'm just guessing it has to do with a few millisecond lag.