Open Positions: Web Development and Graphic Design

The MTA Team is currently interested in adding 1 or 2 additional team members who are experienced in Web Development / Graphic Design. We are looking to expand the services in which we provide and how we provide them on the web, and need dedicated individuals who can listen to the team requests as well as bring some fresh ideas to the table.

Since we understand that it is often hard to find a single individual who is skilled in Web Development and Graphic Design, we are willing to bring in an additional team member for each role, however, if the right candidate comes along we may only decide to accept one.

For Web Development, you will need the following skills:

- Strong knowledge of PHP (4.x+) with the ability to start from scratch and build a maintainable system

- Excellent knowledge of MySQL and Database Design (Normalized)

- Standardized HTML design and principles, with an emphasis on functional layouts that can be easily adapted

For Graphic Design, you will need the following skills:

- Strong Graphic Design Background (Professional 2D Graphics).

- Good color design choices with an emphasis on a crisp, professional look

- Basic knowledge of Flash is preferred

For both positions, we will require individuals with:

- The ability to turn requests into results in a timely fashion

- The interest to participate in regular IRC discussions

- The knowledge to listen to community comments and turn them into real world solutions

- The desire to work with and help a dedicated team in various aspects of development

If you feel you fit one or both of the available positions, please contact Chris "Cray" McArthur ([email protected]) with an email with the subject line "MTA - Web Development and Graphic Design" and any additional information / links to examples which you feel are relevant. Please do not include any file attachments directly, but links to various examples of your work are highly desired.

Apparently, Blokker is too busy or too unmotivated to do much more than what is necessary nowdays, so I'm guessing thats why another web master is being requested.

WOW, well, i could practice lmfao

i would bust my hump if i could mod the forums, it would be so kewl lol.

lemme post my efforts (SQL is a bit advanced for me, i do HTML expertly..and php i am ok at, SQL isnt something i do....)

As the initial post states, we need someone who is _really good_ in one or both of the fields. Doing this "job" would not neccessarily give you moderator on this forum or access to any more information than that required to do what we require, so the motivation to do this job shouldn't be that you'll learn more information on what we're up to (which you would to some extent), or be able to moderate the forum.

eAi

As the initial post states, we need someone who is _really good_ in one or both of the fields. Doing this "job" would not neccessarily give you moderator on this forum or access to any more information than that required to do what we require, so the motivation to do this job shouldn't be that you'll learn more information on what we're up to (which you would to some extent), or be able to moderate the forum.

eAi

What's the point of bein on a team if you don't get any privilages? :P

eAi

well i suck anyway, but seriously lol.

There is no decision as to what access this type of individual will get, but either way this should not be the motivation to join the team. You should want to help the project, simple as that.

Hi.

I have some skills in PHP and SQL as well as graphic design...

Here is a site I designed, and if one of the dev's PM's me I can show you an (unfinished) PHP/SQL portal (login system) which i coded.

I am currently coding a PHP/SQL realesate managment system for the above site. I also have experience with Unix, though this is probably irrelevant.

Hi i am good at graphics, and webdesign, I made the skin and helped withthe code for http://www.raptor-mods.co.uk and am also making another site with my m8. I would be more than happy to help :P if its still up for grabs

HEre is one of my pics, i made in photoshop, just so u can see if im good enough.

http://www.raptor-mods.co.uk/downloads/uploads/1.jpg

But, wot is actually asked of us? becaise im am starting a harded few years of school now, and so i cant have much time to do alot on here.

I would always be glad to help.. I have been working with photoshop for 4-5 years now.. (I taught myself & in the beginning it was a very stressful thing to overcome) Here is some of my work. (or shall I say style)

I hope you enjoyed my images. :lol:8) 'heh'

Edited by Guest

man LB, you got some amazing stuff there.

Btw guys, I'm LBz best geek friend, he's teaching me Photoshop and stuff, I'm only getting better, I made my signature, so you can get a taste of what I can make, nothing special, but I can only get better.