Important findings regarding MTA:VC crashes !

hi,

i think i am on to something...

I disabled a LOT of services on my XP Pro because i was looking for ways to save memory.

I used google and looked up which services i can disable and which are needed...

Anyway i tried to play VC and logged in about 20 or 30 times 9as robber AND DID NOT CRASH !!!!

I will try again tonight, but i couldnt get MTA to crash.

I suspect that one of the services i disabled , especially the two ATI services "hotkey poller" and "smartgart" might be responsible, but i dont know...could also be another service.

I will try to put up a list of all disabled services, but until then just google the service names and look them up if they are *really* needed or not

Edit: I also used msconfig (the configuration tool) and cleared the checkmarks for many services i found i dont need so they dot even load. (As far as i understand)

Edit2: Doube check for this:

Are people with ATI cards (and the two ATI services running) the onescrashing, and the people wit Nvidia cards are NOT ? Would be interesting to know...

If you crash a lot.just post what brand gfx card you have.

If you dont....post too...maybe we see a pattern :)

Edited by Guest

I dont have normal crashes much

But spawning yes

If u spawn

Do nothing, do not type or press any other button

This is causing the crash

Mta needs to load first, if u just press enter to spawn and keep talking etc etc then u might crash ;)

If u just wait till it fully loaded then u will have most likely almost no crash ;)

But spawning yes

If u spawn

Mta needs to load first, if u just press enter to spawn and keep talking etc etc then u might crash ;)

If u just wait till it fully loaded then u will have most likely almost no crash ;)

maybe if you didn't cheat so much, you wouldnt crash, and neither would we......ass

But spawning yes

If u spawn

hi,

it doesnt matter for me, waiting or not. Sometimes i wait LONG and i still crash 8 out of 10 spawns. Will try playing later with my disabled services :)

I usuelly but rrarely crash after i die and respawn and move too quickly after its loaded. (and when u get on back of bike wiv no 1 on) but thats about it :?

Im running an ati radeon 9600 pro 128MB i dont see the need in disabling programs to save memory, as crashes arnt that bad and it only takes 30 sec 2 get back ingame altho im not saying i wudnt mind crashes lol. I dont see it as a MASSIVE issue. :P

I think someone had a theory that that was due to the chat log getting too big.

hehe, interesting theory but i really dont see this causing VC to crash, if there was any kind of issue qith the length of the chatlog it would be the client that crashed.

Basicaly as has been said before the core 0.4 is built upon is stretched to its limits, and beyond. Hence moving to the new core. But ask yourself this, would you rather we had left it at 0.3 and made you wait from then to whenever we get the first new core release out, or would you rather have all the new features in 0.4 such as accurate aim, spectator, admin+ and a few more crashes? If your answer is the latter then you wil be glad to hear there are still some 0.3 servers running. (still some 0.1 for that matter, some owners seem a little out of touch :) )

Well 0.3 wasnt so bad aswell

Even if 0.4 wasnt here yet ok i couldnt wait then but till then i would keep playing 0.3

Its just as good and well im happy 0.4 is here already

Just the spawn crash is sometimes annoying for me

PS: i dont cheat, ive cheated once 3-4 months ago..

So?

I'm glad that 0.4 came out, even if it is more unstable than 0.3. The new aiming system and GTA3 support mean that I can keep going until the next major version is released.

Also, I don't know anyone who's ever had their "known cheater" rank taken away...