[Project/REL] Immersive Vehicle Enhancements

GERgta

ive%20logo.jpg

Welcome to the I.V.E. project. This project is aiming to improve immersion in everything related to vehicles with many simple resources. Currently there's not much to this project, but I'll keep updating it. So stick around if you want to see more :wink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE:
You are allowed to modify and share all the resources listed below, if you;
- DO NOT remove the credits
- DO NOT claim it as your own

Reuploading an unmodified version from any of these resources isn't allowed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of resources:
IVE-Handling

IVE-Handling improves the handling of all cars. It is based on my old BetterHandling script, but has been improved in many ways.

Functions:
-Realistic acceleration
-Much higher top-speeds
-Better suspension (Takes bumps like a champ, and you don't suddendly flip over if you use ramps)
-Vehicles like the Mesa, Quadbike, RC Bandit, Kart, etc. control far better!
-Vehicles control less like toys
(Only affects cars and the quadbike!)

Caveats:
-Vehicles may have a lower suspension, I don't know how to fix that right now.

Todo (sorted by importance):
-Slow down bicycles

Thanks to:
-Nevo: testing, and helping me with some of the code.
-KingSmog753: testing.
-The team sitting on hedit: their resource really helped me with testing :)
-All the people on the MTA forum: awesome feedback.

Download:
MTA-Community

What resources are planned?

IVE-CrashInjury:
Damages the player when driving against walls or doing large jumps.

IVE-DamageSystem:
Keeps cars from burning and exploding, affects vehicle handling when car is damaged.

IVE-TurnSignal:
Ability to toggle turn signals.

IVE-Carlock:
Ability to lock cars (More than one).

If you have a suggestion or if you found a bug, feel free to post it here :D

Edited by GERgta
  • 4 months later...
You should change that pedaling

Now that you mention it, bicycles are pretty fast. Alright, I will tweak them with the next patch :)

I guess I could share details about the new IVE-Handling version that will release soon:

- Tweaked traction-bias, no more annoying oversteering.

- Changed the brakes, and brake bias as the brakes felt too weak in the first version.

- I'm also working on a acceleration tweak.

And more :)

I wasn't too impressed, I was expecting individually fine-tuned settings for the vehicles. Instead you're just multiplying their default handling by hardcoded values.

Anti-lock brakes aren't realistic, all they do is just prevent you from braking so you have to use the handbrake instead.

You can download my prototype ABS resource if you'd like. It's a little project I was working on a while back, so it's not finished. Type /abs after you've started the resource to edit the settings.

Edit:

Didn't realize I had compiled that one as I rarely compile my resources, especially not prototype one. If you're interested I'll try and dig up the original.

Will the resource override car handling or somehow force a top on car handling?
It changes the handling of vehicles by changing only some of the handling's values.
I wasn't too impressed, I was expecting individually fine-tuned settings for the vehicles. Instead you're just multiplying their default handling by hardcoded values.
Yup, tweaking every single vehicle would be alot of work.
You can download my prototype ABS resource if you'd like. It's a little project I was working on a while back, so it's not finished. Type /abs after you've started the resource to edit the settings.
I actually tweaked the brakes a bit. But i'll test it if I have time, I would love seeing the uncompiled thing tho :)
Driving infernus at 260km/h is crazy, the control will be completely different of the reality..
Well, driving an infernus at 200km/h is boring as f*. In my opinion, all the vehicles in GTA SA were far too slow. The cars still control alright on high speeds, so I think it's a big improvement on GTA's boring driving physics.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I would also like to announce that I've been working on a abit-more-advanced resource to replace engine-sounds. It has sounds for the engine (duh), shifting and a blowoff sound (for fast vehicles). It should work for multiple players (untested tho)! It will also feature support for custom RPM-Scripts. So be excited!

I will try to roll out the update out in a couple of days (Fixes a major bug I found), same for the engine-sound resource.

Cars are too light... It would be nice, if you improve it [...]
Yeah, it's a real problem. Raising the weight makes small vehicles less bouncy, but makes big vehicles flip over easily :( (Well I think, I'll have to test it again with the new suspension im working on..).

I'll get back at you when I found something ;)

EDIT: YOU ARE A SAINT! :D That idea made the vehicles handle so much better :) Many thanks ♥, It will be included with the next version.

EDIT 2: Due to complications with the internet (it's slow as hell) and because im lazy, the next version of the Handling-Resource will release this Friday - Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, after going "I'll finish it tomorrow..." for the past weeks, I finally finished the new version of IVE-Handling! :)

It has improved in many ways, take a look:

This is a BETA version.

- Less spin-out on RWD

- Tweaked brakes

- Much better suspension

- Revamped acceleration

- Added some kind of angular damping (beta)

- Fixed bugs with the application of handling (now using betterhandling's method of loading handlings)

Check it out on the community!

• 1 month later...