Frequent crashing

I'm just wondering, is there a way to crash less frequently?

I tend to crash when I play for say, 10 minutes then get into a firefight or have more than one car explode. The only time I never had a problem with crashing is when I ran a personal server.

I turned off both my frame sync and frame limiter and it helped a bit, played about 20 minutes with no problems, then finally crashed in a shootout.

If anyone could give me some ideas (options to set/unset, processes to kill) that'd rock.

Was with GTA3, but the last few times, GTA3's just starting to lock up, no unhandled errors or anything, just complete freeze.

Lot more aggravating than the errors.

I'd suggest AntiCrash for those. AntiCrash catches some of those for me, and if it doesn't, I can recover the game about 50% of the time.

I used to have the Daschund anti-crash, got rid of it after I saw no difference without it.

Thanks for the reply Posty, but I think maybe my PC's not strong enough to put up with the extra work GTA3:MTA puts out, GTA# alone tends to run slow or choppy. Just have to get a personal server back up for it I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question: If you set the maximum number of players in the server to 10, does it only load 10 models in the tunnel or the full 32? Because if not, couldn't you reduce the maximum player count to 26 like Vice City? Would that make a difference?

I'm pretty sure it'd load the full 32 (trx would have to confirm this) as the scm (and the client) aren't aware of the max number of players the server can have.

Unfortunately, this is correct. With the 0.4 core all actors need to be created beforehand to determine their 'handle' which the client needs to use to write information to like coords/anims. So in fact, they're placeholders waiting to become activated...

Yes, and personally I voted for having 16 Players max available, but the majority didn't think that was a good idea.

Also, changing it now would mean we have to swap around not only the actors, but 'the rest' as well, since they are created after the actors are created.

I'm currently working with fewer cars available, and trying to place them in the most effective way I can come up with. So far, there's no need to worry about having less cars available in comparison to Portland.