Game Crashes

Guest VisiV

The game seems to crash way too much on my computer. I didnt really have that much problem with playing it on my Pentium Machine. This is an AMD machine. But I doubt that is the root of the problem. Don't mean to sound noobish or trying to complain about, I am just wondering if there is something I can look for to end this stream of crashes.

You got the same problem as me then. It crashed whenever i got into a car or just run to find a car for about minute. Every minute it would crash, i fixed it though someone gave me there MTAclient.exe and gta-vc.exe and now it work's like a charm ;) Maybe if you know someone you could ask them or i could them to you.

i'm suprised no-ones shouted BETA!!!!! :P

i've had to reformat to get mta working properly again, but its worth it.

I'mon an AMD an its deffinately not the problem, have you tried reinstalling VC an MTA ? and delete all your save files etc. so you do a clean install.

Also try a little program called 'anti-crash', people have reported it working well for them. google it.

The game seems to crash way too much on my computer. I didnt really have that much problem with playing it on my Pentium Machine. This is an AMD machine. :::SNIP:::

I've got a p4 2.4b, it crashes every 5 minutes on average.

don't think its a cpu issue

OR... everybody should stop their whining and don't play 0.4.1 at all, because it's still a beta-version and thus logically bound to crash at times.

:lol:

I believe it is possible to create a stable version but the MTA-team simply hasn't created it yet. :P You just wait 'till MTA 1.0 comes out. :D

OR... everybody should stop their whining and don't play 0.4.1 at all, because it's still a beta-version and thus logically bound to crash at times.

:lol:

I believe it is possible to create a stable version but the MTA-team simply hasn't created it yet. :P You just wait 'till MTA 1.0 comes out. :D

Haven't they used the same core for 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4? If so, I'll bet 0.4 is really pushing it to its limits.

From PlanetGTA (interview with Cray):

Q: Of all the bugs in the current version of MTA, which bugs are fixable and which are not?

A: As any MTA community member is aware, the current version of MTA:VC is buggy, to say the least. Between MTA:VC 0.2.2 and MTA:VC 0.3, we specifically tried to target many of the crashing bugs and unfortunately concluded that the core technology behind both versions is extremely limited and where the majority of the issues are situated. This being the case, we fixed the ones we could for MTA:VC 0.3 and have decided to move to the next core technology a little bit sooner then we would have hoped for in the beginning, but we believe it will be for the best and the MTA community will be pleasantly surprised.

Haven't they used the same core for 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4? If so, I'll bet 0.4 is really pushing it to its limits.

Yea they have. Core 0.3. 0.4.1 is pushing the core to it's max, and is also the reason they can't add TONS of new features, because the core won't support it. So now people can see how long Core 0.4 has been worked on for. I bet we'll see some super quality gta3/vc online action with the new core ;)