Article: The Car Kill

ijsf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously a bike reaching a higher height is nonexistent due to lack of them; why not use this height to prevent carkills?

That doesn't seem to make any kind of sense to me.

In regards to this, last I remembered GTA3 didn't have any bikes. Therefore having your character on a higher level than the vehicles prevents the vehicle from performing a carkill (not including a mountain, hill, etc.).

Erm. So you're suggesting people hover over the city somewhere?

Incorrect... While the areas are limited, there are places where the user can get a height significance... ex. 2 story room in computer store by Kent's place.

That's in Vice City, and motorcycles can get up and in there. You know theres no limit to the hieght a car can reach other than the sky 'roof' right? And players cannot get higher than that on foot either.

Sorry, guess I am rusty on the games. Coould've sworn the computer area was in GTA3, but it wasn't Kent, but the rich reverend guy from III. Anyways, I thought there were a few other non-vehicle accessible areas in GTA3. Or if not non-accessible, still chalenging to get to via vehicle areas. What about the backyards around the suburbia area... true, vehicles can get there, but certain ones aren't a simple drive-thru. Enough timing, concealment for a car-free fight. And should a vehicle manage to get through there, then obviously they were trying a little too hard.

Well as you will find out when you actually play, most people tend to fight wherever they meet rather than spend 2 minutes driving to a particular area and then agreeing to begin.

True point, just figured tactically it may be easier to relocate to a more combat-based area (which there aren't too many of) rather than wide-open spaces. Although as far as carkills in the wide-open area... well, looks like I'll have to play before I bring any self-judgement.

nice review, i agree with what he's saying there, cars r fine to deal with, i think its the same mentality from ppl who say the stubby or m60 is way too powerful or whatever, thats just cos they dont know what they r doing, which is the same with ppl who get killed by cars, so they resort to car killing. This probably does put ppl off gta3:mta a bit, that and the lack of servers.

Ah well FMJ are starting a 16 player gta3 server this week, so we shall see how popular it gets compared to the vc one ;)

I hope its with Game2XS :D