New IDs and models for cars

KryngeerPL

Hi all. I have an idea. Can you try to make a script, which allow to add new car without replacing? I think, you must load 5 files from GTA SA to server MTA: handling.cfg, vehicles.ide, carcols.dat, cargrp.dat and carmods.dat. Then you can add lines for new ID (maybe copy a Banshee line and edit it). Then I can edit a freeroam panel and modloader config for new ID and its name. So it's possibly?

Put this client side (client.lua):

addEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', resourceRoot, 
function()  
    txd = engineLoadTXD('vehicle.txd') 
    engineImportTXD(txd,411) 
    dff = engineLoadDFF('vehicle.dff',411) 
    engineReplaceModel(dff,411) 
end) 

Change 411 to the ID of the vehicle that you want to replace.

Add the txd and dff file of a custom vehicle model

Create meta.xml:

<meta> 
    <script src="client.lua" type="client"/> 
    <file src="vehicle.txd"/> 
    <file src="vehicle.dff"/> 
</meta> 

Nope, this is like ModLoader. You don't understood what I mean. I want to add new ID with new handling, carmods etc. and then change its model and textures, for example Rhino=432 (change to M1 Abrams) and Rhino2=612 (changed to T-90). Now you understand?

Problem is that you won't listen us! Solidsnake14 already told you about adding new id's!: "No, MTA has no support for new models" So, you can't create new ID. W H A T | Y O U | D O N 'T | U D E R S T A N D | H E R E |? ! ? !

But how do that? I don't see any vehicles.ide and other stuff. Maybe someone can do for me this script?
Nope, this is like ModLoader. You don't understood what I mean. I want to add new ID with new handling, carmods etc. and then change its model and textures, for example Rhino=432 (change to M1 Abrams) and Rhino2=612 (changed to T-90). Now you understand?

I understood you very well. You didn't understand us when we told you can only replace vehicle models and not add or change ID's. There is currently no way to do that in MTA.

Using the script is your best shot. If you want to change the handling use setModelHandling() as lcd1232 suggested.