Odd mic problem...

Does anyone know why every single mic i try in my pc doesnt work right? Each mic i use is fucked up. I hook it up and try it in sound recorder. Guess what, it's silent as can fucking be. I have to increase the volume of it by like 200% before I can hear something. What the fuck is wrong with this....

i have the same problem (mine is a line in, i think, green & pink cable go in to 2 spare slots in the back of my sound card), Its really hard to hear anything on sound recorder aswell, I have to shout with the mic right up close to m mouth for any1 2 hear me on TeamSpeak. :evil: .

Ah well, just have to get me a USB one :?

i have the same problem (mine is a line in, i think, green & pink cable go in to 2 spare slots in the back of my sound card), Its really hard to hear anything on sound recorder aswell, I have to shout with the mic right up close to m mouth for any1 2 hear me on TeamSpeak. :evil: .

Ah well, just have to get me a USB one :?

Same here, or I need to get a sound card instead of using this onboard one...

ok. i thk i might know

If it's Xp then go to the Control Panel and then go to Sounds and Audio Devices....then the tab Audio and look in there if there's nothing only one thing under Sound Recording (if there's more than one change it and apply, then see if it works). If nothing elsa works look in ur bios.