Car hp(gta3) and meelee weapons(gtavc)

Boss

I just thought I'd bring up a point about the car in gta3 that has probably been mentioned before...but still,I have to talk about it.

I'm just sick of the car killers loosing their car and running right to another car and so on...No,I'm not complaining about the car distribution and the instant kill,but could the car's hp be reduced to what it is in sp or simply give an option to set car hp for admins?

Just because me(And many other players,I believe)are getting tired of shooting a car,watching it blow,only to find out the shots completly missed on the other car killer's screen..No it wasn't a laggy player either..With some people their car get on fire when I fire on my screen,but with others,I can't do anything because they take an obscene amount of shots to actually register the shots on their screen,thus blowing the car up(Be it shotgun or even multiplous flamethrower 'showers').I know some people may be hacking,but still...

My idea would be to keep the car like in sp-No explosion delay,instead of the car being on fire for some seconds,it should blow up when it reaches the limit..For the players that played the sp missions,you know when the mafia becomes an enemy,you can barely move in a car near Salvatore's mansion,the guards just shoot wiht the shotgun 2 times and boom :P .

Just my suggestion,as it would balance the game much more,and give car killers a reason to think about the target before actually striking-If the killing is instantaneous,like in real life,the car should also blow up like in real life :wink: .

------END CAR RANT----- :idea:

About the meelee weapons in vc,I think,if it would be possible,that ammount of times the player falls down when hit by a meelee weapon should be increased largely..I'm sure I'd fall down if I got hit by a baseball bat or a machete in my backs :lol: ,it would add to the weapon strategy;the meelee weapons would be very usefull inside of buildings or corridors specially..it would make a person think twice about aproaching someone that has a meelee weapon in a closed space..

--------END WEAPON RANT----- :idea:

Just my 'little' suggestions.. :wink:

but could the car's hp be reduced to what it is in sp

It already is, and your weapons are a little more powerful than in SP.

I'm not sure i follow regarding the baseball bat, you should already fall over when hit by one close-up

I didn't know the cars had the same hp..

What I meant is,would it be possible to make them blow up instead of keeping the fire for a few seconds(Like in sp). :P ?

About the baseball(And other meelee weapons),I meant it in vice city,if you use the bat alot,you'll notice it's very rare for people to fall down with the bat or other weapons that 'should' knock other people down(I was just suggesting,if it was possible,that the fall down rate in vc from meelee weapons was increased by,let's say, 60% :wink: ).In gta3 it's just fine :)

Just my ideas,thanks for your time and for mta :idea: .

I see, it may be possible to do that for vehicles being shot, tho while so much differs in one players view to another, (ie you hitting the car your side but not thiers) it could lead to problems. Would also require a fair bit of rewriting. But a possibility none the less.

As for the second, if anything we'd consider making less weapons knock people over not more. As once u are down you are dead unless your attacker gets distracted or has bad timing.

i think the syncing would be even more problematic if cars simply blew up every time.

the reason that the cars arent blowing up in gta3 instead of fire, i beleive is because in single player, they are npcs. does anyone remember THEIR OWN car simply exploding (no fire) in single player? im not sure

does anyone remember THEIR OWN car simply exploding (no fire) in single player? im not sure

Yes

Try doing Turismo when the Mafia hate you. Two shotgun shots and boom.

A vehicle is the same no matter wether a playeractor or a cpu controlled actor is driving it.

we'd consider making less weapons knock people over not more. As once u are down you are dead unless your attacker gets distracted or has bad timing.

I see what you mean,but I think it wouldn't hurt if the meelee weapons threw people down,let's say, 30% of the hits,I know alot of people would complain,but as it is atm,the almost in always situations,you only use the meelee weapon when you arrange a meelee fight with friends/find someone lying on the floor. :idea:

Thx for you time and patience.