HELP WITH SERVER

i have my firewall off (im not an idiot eveyone thinks i didnt turn it off but i do have a router) so how would i do all that shit

if you have a hardware firewall (most switches and routers do) you can usually access its console by for example http'ing to your internal ip. For me, its 192.168.1.1. If your internal ip doesnt start with 192.168.1, it will be ***.***.*.1 in most cases (go to run and type cmd, then type ipconfig to find your internal ip, if you have one.) It may ask you for a user name and password, which you should read your owners manual for. Try the password "admin" which is the default on most linksys routers/switches (no username).

Once your in, youll just have to look for 'forwarding' or something like that. If your really confident you arent targeted for worms, you could DMZ your computer, which pretty much means the router/switch will let anything that it receives through to your computer. I would just stick with port forwarding.

Hope this helps.

No, don't look for "internal IP". Look for "gateway" or "gateway device". That's the IP address of the router.

When you get into the setup page, you want to forward all UDP data arriving at the router on port 2003 (or whichever port you plan to use for MTA), and set it to forward it to your machine's local IP address.

No, don't look for "internal IP". Look for "gateway" or "gateway device". That's the IP address of the router.

When you get into the setup page, you want to forward all UDP data arriving at the router on port 2003 (or whichever port you plan to use for MTA), and set it to forward it to your machine's local IP address.

err thats what i meant chappell, thanks for correcting me. (couldnt think of the correct term for what i was trying to explain :) )

well maybe have sum1 help u on IM so u can talk back to back or i think u might be a noob ( maybe ) so i sugjest onece u know alot more try it again. well i think u should wait a while or not even make a server.

well u can do what u want. but the server is probably gonna lag and also u r gonna have to run it and stuff.