Server Load

Xinoz

So, i have a question, when i'm joining my server it takes a long time to load before actually getting in-game, you see the MB's counting above the rotating circle, but is there a way to determine which files are being loaded at that time? So then i could see if any unnecessary stuff is being loaded since i want to make the server join faster.

So, i have a question, when i'm joining my server it takes a long time to load before actually getting in-game, you see the MB's counting above the rotating circle, but is there a way to determine which files are being loaded at that time? So then i could see if any unnecessary stuff is being loaded since i want to make the server join faster.

As he said.

You'll need:

downloadFile or fetchRemote 

to download files and those things.

That is not what i meant. It's not the normal download progress you see, like with map downloads, and all the other files but the other kind of loading, when your game loads you see the circle if it takes long, and if it really takes long you see the MB's counting, i want to determine what it is loading at that time, it could be everything i assume.

Best thing to do is to delete all the resources cached on your client, then join your server, then have a look in the resources folder to see what is there. You can then see if there are any obvious large files.

The point is, i don't think the MB load count that i'm talking about is about the resources that are being loaded to the client.

I came to this conclusion since when the circle appears with the long loading AFTER the normal download progress has been completed the MB count is above the 90 while my cached client resources folder is 50 MB.

Could it be like some SQL queries loading or other bad coding on join?

That's what i want to determine to speed up the server join

• 1 year later...