Stunt Mode suggestions from a newbie

Guest EntropicLqd

I'm completely new to the whole MTA thing so apologies if my suggestions are not new.

I've spent most of this evening playing around with the stunt MP mode. It's great fun but lacks a sense of competition. My suggestions for this Vice City based mod are thus:

• Add some more ramps especially on roof tops and the like. Currently it's possible to drive a very long way before a jump/stunt is possible.
  • The fastest way to get a new vehicle is to suicide and respawn. It might be nice to introduce a cash penalty for dying - but you'd need more vehicles about the place.
  • Have timed rounds for the different teams/players after which a winner is declared and the scores are reset.
  • Spawn checkpoints across the two cities which can be touched by either team but are worth more points to the team. Some very low point ones should be a doddle to get, others should be extremely hard to get and worth more.
  • And finally, could the stunt-car racers please have some bikes. Like the skin .. hate the cars.

Cheers. Keep up the good work.

Well, it provides a mechanism for scoring (press f11). It's just the scoring doesn't really count for much as a persons score is purely a function of time.

You can amass a "large" score by doing lots of little stunts quickly than a few big ones that require more time and effort.

• 1 month later...
Just like you loose your score if you crash any other online game.

eAi

other online games do not crash though.

with 0.4.1 VC there are times when you crash every single time you spawn, and with GTA3 you crash often and very randomly. hopefully BLUE will crash much less :P.

i think that all of your stats should be kept as long as you are in the client. at least with the next few versions released on the current core.

Anyway, to respond to a few of your suggestions,

'Add some more ramps especially on roof tops and the like. Currently it's possible to drive a very long way before a jump/stunt is possible.'

The ramps are included as extras, many many stunts are possible all over the 'standard' map as can be seen in most stunt videos. You are almost always next to something you can stunt off.

'It might be nice to introduce a cash penalty for dying '

You already lose cash when you die.

'Have timed rounds for the different teams/players after which a winner is declared and the scores are reset. '

This would be a much more major change in the client than you would expect, it is however possibe to do this quite simply with mtama. As it can time the 'round' and reset the money afterwards.

'Spawn checkpoints across the two cities which can be touched by either team but are worth more points to the team. Some very low point ones should be a doddle to get, others should be extremely hard to get and worth more'

Interesting idea, i presume you mean in a similar way to the few occasions in single player where you have a time limit to pas thru a number of scattered points. My one concern would be that once completed a few times it may get repetative. Random would be nice but introduces problems of its own, not least sync across clients.

'And finally, could the stunt-car racers please have some bikes. Like the skin .. hate the cars'

Quite frankly, no. There are plenty of choices if you wish to use bikes, I think providing a few fast cars for people to use isnt unreasonable.