MTA Lag for a few secs

solidsnake

Question

Hello,

I have problem with MTA since 1.3.x that when I play in any server the game randomly lag for a few secs (like 2~ 3 sec) then disappear

It happen to me alot & I thought it was from my PC

But when I had a time to search for this issue, I figured out theres some players have this already & some of them have a fix for it

By disable "Allow driver Override " option in Settings > Video

But the problem is that my MTA (1.4) does not have it !

And it seems shows different arrangement in Video gui tab settings from the other players

untitled2vcstk.jpg

More Info:

MTA version : 1.4.0-9.06836.0

Nvidia Optimus : (Latest Nvidia Driver & Latest Intel Driver)

Tested on Both GPU Cards !

My Regards

20 answers to this question

Please download and run MTADiag and follow the instructions. If MTADiag doesn't launch, please install Visual C++ 2012 runtimes (download and install vcredist_x86.exe) and try again.

Press 'n' when asked.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you.

Virustotal scan report :

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5690 ... 409749867/

I got alert from my AV should I added it to safe list & allow it ?

Filename: MTADiag.exe

Threat name: SONAR.Heuristic.120

Details

Very Few Users,  Very New,  Risk High

Origin

Downloaded from

Unknown

Activity

Actions performed: 7

On computers as of 

2014/9/03 at 05:00:19 PM

Last Used 

2014/9/03 at 05:00:19 PM

Startup Item 

No

Launched 

Yes

Very Few Users

Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New

This file was released less than 1 week  ago.

High

This file risk is high.

SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Source: External Media

Network Actions

Event: Network activity (Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7632) No fix attempted

System Settings Actions

Event: Process start (Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7796) No fix attempted

(Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7796) No fix attempted

c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\ mtadiag-log-2014-9-3_17-0-59.txt (Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7796) No fix attempted

Event: Process start: c:\Users\xxxxxxx\Desktop\Mta Diag\MTADiag\ MTADiag.exe, PID:7796 (Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7796) No fix attempted

Event: Process start (Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7632) No fix attempted

(Performed by c:\users\xxxxxxxx\desktop\mta diag\mtadiag\mtadiag.exe, PID:7632) No fix attempted

File Thumbprint - SHA:

c300da4b070bd778a3a947f241bd88813910217470cbe590b0f0ba6199b02c8c

File Thumbprint - MD5:

Not available

• MTA Team

I can't see anything obviously wrong. Try these steps and tell me if they make the problem better or worse:

1) Restore the 7 standard GTA files as listed at the beginning of the pastebin log

2) Run in windowed mode.

I can't see anything obviously wrong. Try these steps and tell me if they make the problem better or worse:

1) Restore the 7 standard GTA files as listed at the beginning of the pastebin log

2) Run in windowed mode.

I don't think (option 1) is related with disappearance of that option "Disable Driver Override"

Maybe option 2 if its related with gui

Keep in mind that I have Nvidia optimus & I'm using Intel VGA for MTA not the Nvidia !

Okay I will try the 2 steps.

• MTA Team

''Disable driver overrides' is not shown because it has been automatically selected for some reason (usually because vorbisFile.dll is non-standard) - I don't think it will solve the problem though.

When you say 'lag for a few seconds', do you mean freezes?

Does it happen in full screen and windowed mode?

''Disable driver overrides' is not shown because it has been automatically selected for some reason (usually because vorbisFile.dll is non-standard) - I don't think it will solve the problem though.

When you say 'lag for a few seconds', do you mean freezes?

Does it happen in full screen and windowed mode?

The vorbisFile.dll is already default now

Yes freeze for 1-2 sec (Screen stops moving)

I'm on full screen not windowed & I haven't test windowed yet

This freeze was not available in the older versions of MTA

The freezes might occur due to the disk getting slow and lagging to load the data.

Can you explain more ?

For example, when you move around the map, you keep loading different objects around you. GTA is reading them from your HDD and if the disk is old or fragmented, it takes more than normal and MTA freezes while the objects are loading.

The freezes might occur due to the disk getting slow and lagging to load the data.

Can you explain more ?

For example, when you move around the map, you keep loading different objects around you. GTA is reading them from your HDD and if the disk is old or fragmented, it takes more than normal and MTA freezes while the objects are loading.

Thanks for reply,

This issue is not happen while I'm active in MTA

It happens only when I minimize the MTA & browsing the internet ... etc

When I return the MTA again the game is lagging & FPS drops down to 5 ~ 7 of 60 FPS .... after few seconds it start to return but not the same as I was active.

I tested this many time with different time taken while play and browsing

For examples:

1-

I play for about 2 hours .. then I minimize the MTA for about 1 hours ... I return & I got lag

2-

I play for 15 mins .. then minimize & afk for 3 hours ... same again lag & FPS drops

The FPS getting increase after a while but not the same as I play in 1st & 2nd examples

It is kind of FPS chopping 60 FPS > 22 FPS > 48 FPS ... etc & that for less than 10 seconds

This problem still Until I leave the server ( Quit ) or close the game ... after return into the game the problem disappear :roll:

It is kind of FPS chopping 60 FPS > 22 FPS > 48 FPS ... etc & that for less than 10 seconds

Ah, there is one thing: when you tray down MTA, it keeps stuff to do in a queue and executes all the things happened when you had the game minimized right after you re-open the window. If a lot of stuff is queued, coming back to MTA can cause heavy lag for plenty of seconds (that makes your fps go below 1 and you see stuff, sounds occuring very fast in the time until the game catches up the present).

Ah, there is one thing: when you tray down MTA, it keeps stuff to do in a queue and executes all the things happened when you had the game minimized right after you re-open the window. If a lot of stuff is queued, coming back to MTA can cause heavy lag for plenty of seconds (that makes your fps go below 1 and you see stuff, sounds occuring very fast in the time until the game catches up the present).

Yeah I know this but the FPS getting low & increased to a number that should be bigger.

Like I said if I stay in the game for hours its different if I become AFK for 1 hour & then play for hours.

This is the issue ... FPS chopping.