TURFWARS !! BACK UP !! http://turfwar.wojjie.net

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are nearly ready to begin, the website is pretty much done bar a little content at http://turfwar.mtaleague.com BUT;

Some thought need to be made about how we handle challenges and reporting of results, the options marcel and i have discussed so far are a thread on here (mta forums), even its own section if it proves popular enough, or a small phpBB forum on turfwar.mtaleague.com.

The first two have the advantage of lots of passing viewers who may catch on and take part, the fact most people signed up already spend a lot of time here so dont have the hassle of adding an extra forum to thier favourites, and easy to integrate it with gang threads etc.

The latter has the advantage of all the relevant info in one place, a clearly defined place to deal with all aspects and questions relating to the competition etc.

So i guess its down to what you all would prefer, installing a forum on the site wouldnt take too much work, nor would arranging it on here.

Of course once it is decided where, we need to decide how. An challenge thread, questions thread and a results thread? Dunno.

Any ideas welcome as id rather spend a few days getting this RIGHT than start early and have it fall into confusion due to lack of forethought and organisation.

Well were still undecided on how we will have the challenges set up. Whether or not they will be on thier own forums on the site, or whether they will be here on these forums. So untill we get the challenge system up, it wont start till then i guess.

Personaly i think we should have a small forum set up for challenges and results on the turf wars site. That way we can control the spam a bit easier then here. Then have a thread or 2 on these forums for discussion, and results.

What does every one else think?

Oh and Ransom, the goal is to dominate liberty city. Maybe later i will draw you a picture, if you have trouble understanding :P

Bumpy, if you like i can make a Turfwar section in my forum 8)

but then again it wud be no diffrent to this tho wud it?

Il get on2 it straight now if its a gd idea or not.

My forum URL http://ryanalex.2.forumer.com/index.php

thx

The problem with having it on your boards is a) less people will see it. b) Everyone has to register to your forums. c) The only thing your forums has to do with turf wars is your gang is entered in it. But thank you for your forum donation, but it has to be either on turf wars, or here on the mta forums.

One idea that i passed to MrBump was to have a usergroup that one person from each gang would be a member of. They would make all the posts for that particular gang in the challnge section. This way we cut all the spam down, and have that section for challenges, it keeps it very clean, and easier to read. Then there would be a thread for all the spam that people want to post in the challenges thread. The problem with that is, if we have the thread here, Bump would have to make a new users group, and that would make these boards look less organized. Thats why we are thinking of having it on the turf wars site.

On the turfwars site why not just make a link to a forum.

I think ir making it sound harder than it is... come on to register it take 2 mins max?

Im no saying u HAVE to use my forum, but will save u a lota agro and that was the reason i posted.

Besides my foum cud do being more activ anywayz :D

It's not difficult to setup a forum on our host either, as i said in PM thankyou for the offer, but havgn a third location involved would just confuse matters even more.

It's likely that we will compromise. A small forum on turfwar.mtaleague.com for challenges and results, and a thread or section on forum.mtavc.com for discussion and questions.

What Bump said :P But he is right, it would confuse the matter more then it needs, and messes with the organization as well. Which is why we have decided to make a small forum on turf wars. There we also be a thread here as well for people, as Bump has already said. The forums are located Here, and there will be a link put up shortly on the web site as well. The main purpose of the forum is just to organzie the matchs, faster and easier then it would be to do so here.

Its not a requirment for every member of a gang to register there, just one member. But if others want to, feel free. The only person that has to register is the gangs rep, they will handle all of there gangs match organization. We have it set up this way so there will be less flamming/spamming. Plus there will be less confusion when only one member is speaking for the whole group.