SP2 tech question

mtanoob

Been reading up on sp2 documents (not installed it yet, having a lan this weekend where i can introduce friends to the fun of mta ;) ) & found this section:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodte ... eploy.mspx

Now my question is, under the section "Scenario 1: Creating an installation of Windows XP integrated with the service pack" about 2/3rds or 3/4's of the way down the page (be easier to search for title ;) ) it sounds like you can make a complete version of xp with sp2 integrated, would it be possible to burn this to cd so it works like my original xp cd for install purposes?.

Generally if I'm having the kind of problems that require a format I like to do a complete format of all discs, & also from what I've heard it can take as long to install sp2 as it does to install xp itself, I'm hoping an integrated version would cut down drastically on that time.

TIA

why would you install the pack at all? I only use sp1 because vice mentioned it in it's specs, so I don't see why u should use it.

SP2 is more secure than SP1. Many holes in the SP1 security to keep viruses out were flawed. Also, many problems with XP itself are fixed in the service pack. I use SP2 and it runs well.