20 members have voted

1. 1. Dream-o-Meter

• Dreams Everynight
    • Most Times
    • Half and half
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Dreams? WTF are those?

Are you a heavy dreamer or do you just pass out and wake up the next morning not recalling any dream at all?

I voted never... cause I haven't had a dream in a loooong time. Be it sitting at the computer all day playing DOOM 3 or going on vaction to the biggest roller coaster park in the world, I haven't had the slightest dream.

i havent had (erm, remembered) a dream for a very very long time.

but one thing that is really strange that happens to me while im asleep is sometimes i am sort of awake, but i cant move. my mind is awake but my body cant move. i know that my mind is awake because i am fully aware that nothing happens when i try to move my leg or my arm or even open my eyelid. it happens rarely though. it was pretty scary the first and second time that it happened, but now when it happens i realize its no big deal.

does anyone else ever get this, or has anyone heard of it? :?

but one thing that is really strange that happens to me while im asleep is sometimes i am sort of awake, but i cant move. my mind is awake but my body cant move. i know that my mind is awake because i am fully aware that nothing happens when i try to move my leg or my arm or even open my eyelid. it happens rarely though. it was pretty scary the first and second time that it happened, but now when it happens i realize its no big deal.

i know about this and this had happened to me too (occassionally). but from what i heard and from my expirience youre only 'paralized' for a couple of seconds.

that is coused when you wake up directly from a dream. you see, when you dream some nerve in your brain stops working and paralizes you from the neck downwards (thus you can move your head and open your eyes), so if you surprisingly jump out of a dream you cant move.

It's because the brain pretty much shuts off (except for the essential fuctions of course). When you think about it, it just shows how important sleep is for the brain. When man wasn't at the top of the food chain, it would have been extremely dangerous to be paralysed in that way with regards to predators.

mmm your probably right Xenex, but I'm no expert on dreams and I wouldn't waste my time googling about it :P

But yea Error, long time ago when I used to have dreams all the time, I remember once or twice being in a dream and realizing I was dreaming. Except I didn't really try to get out of it or anything, I just noticed some things were funny and inexplicable all the sudden (it was a pretty normal real life dream) and I realized I was in a dream and I was like oh... and just let it go on... it was weird. :crazyeyes:

I had this dream once, there was this city right, you could walk around it wherever you wanted. You could even find guns and stuff lying around and shoot at whatever and there was like cars parked around, and you could just get in! to any car you liked!! and drive off!!! Never running out of petrol. Man.. awesome, and then there was like other people, you know? Walking and shooting and driving too. Bloody amazing stuff. Maybe one day something like this might become reality. Thatd just be so cool.

Edited by Guest
I had this dream once, there was this city right, you could walk around it wherever you wanted. You could even find guns and stuff lying around and shoot at whatever and there was like cars parked around, and you could just get in! to any car you liked!! and drive off!!! Never runnign out of petrol. Man.. awesome, and then there was like other people, you know? Walking and shooting and driving too. Bloody amazing stuff. Maybe one day something like this might become relaity. Thatd just be so cool.

rofl, was that dream before or after u made mta? :P

Yep, it's happened to me. One time it freaked me out and only after like 30 secs did I realize I was awake :P I was bein chased by someone and i got hit (which is when i woke up) and then I couldn't move. I thought it was still the dream and I had been paralized from the hit. But then I realized I was awake and then it freaked me out more to think I couldn't move at all :P

i always wake up sweaty looking in all directions waiting for the car to appear i have to jump over.....

nah i think the last time i dreamed was my last day as a construction worker, 6am-5pm

w33d makes you stop dreaming btw, at least for me it did