Is cooperative possible??

Guest zfigo

I have been thinking about how cool gta could be in cooperative mode

Missions in this gameplay could be endless!!!

Just take any movie where a bank robbery is done... a escape is pulled out... geez almost every action movie could have some scenes that could be fit into a mission for co-op in GTA.

For example, start with basic ones, player 1 steals valuable cargo in a van, must coordinate with player two who has a truck to do a "tag" with the cargo.

Even simple missions like the bank robbery in vice city... player one takes care of vault, player two takes defensive position, player tree can take care of escaping method with a van hidden in another street. (yes even more than 2 players). We are talking about true coordination here!! not just walking the same map and firing together.

Now think of other situations... both players are running away from cops each on their car, and they split!! taking half cops one way, half cops the other!!

Or maybe just as player one crosses an intersection player two appears in a tank to get rid of the cops after player one!! or even better... in the tiger helicopter helping player one avoid a sure bust...

Think about it, possibilities are endless... coordeinated assault.. take the mansion from vice city.. player one arrives in car and assaults front door, player two arrives in boat and takes care of back door, player three drops from heli and secures roof...

Now, i have been browsing the mods to see if there was something like that and have not found anything.

Since this mod here seems to be the best multiplayer maybe you could pull something like this off.

I see there are some problems with many things that are key in co-op mode, for example traffic and pedestrians.

I understand gta generates traffic and pedestrians randomly so in a co-op you would need to coordinate two areas (one for each player) with the same traffic-people.

also i don´t know how easy it would be to do the missions... but if the development team here thinks it could be possible to make this, i think it would be an extremeley cool mod!!

Co-op would be a massive undertaking. For example, in missions where you have to ram a car until it explodes, it'd be a simple matter of using the other guys to create a roadblock or boxing the other car in. Thus, every mission would have to be redesigned in order to be challenging.

Not only that but the peds and traffic would create a huge amount of lag (which is why they're not included in MTA at the moment).

Even simple missions like the bank robbery in vice city... player one takes care of vault, player two takes defensive position, player tree can take care of escaping method with a van hidden in another street. (yes even more than 2 players). We are talking about true coordination here!! not just walking the same map and firing together.

That can be done at the moment via MTAMA and Admin+. For more details, see the Add-Ons section of the forums. I don't think many people realise how revolutionary it is, as I've never seen any custom game modes running on any servers, which is a great pity.

I have been thinking about how cool gta could be in cooperative mode

Missions in this gameplay could be endless!!!

Just take any movie where a bank robbery is done... a escape is pulled out... geez almost every action movie could have some scenes that could be fit into a mission for co-op in GTA.

For example, start with basic ones, player 1 steals valuable cargo in a van, must coordinate with player two who has a truck to do a "tag" with the cargo.

Now think of other situations... both players are running away from cops each on their car, and they split!! taking half cops one way, half cops the other!!

Or maybe just as player one crosses an intersection player two appears in a tank to get rid of the cops after player one!! or even better... in the tiger helicopter helping player one avoid a sure bust...

Think about it, possibilities are endless... coordeinated assault.. take the mansion from vice city.. player one arrives in car and assaults front door, player two arrives in boat and takes care of back door, player three drops from heli and secures roof...

Now, i have been browsing the mods to see if there was something like that and have not found anything.

Since this mod here seems to be the best multiplayer maybe you could pull something like this off.

I see there are some problems with many things that are key in co-op mode, for example traffic and pedestrians.

I understand gta generates traffic and pedestrians randomly so in a co-op you would need to coordinate two areas (one for each player) with the same traffic-people.

also i don´t know how easy it would be to do the missions... but if the development team here thinks it could be possible to make this, i think it would be an extremeley cool mod!!

thats a great idea :D