Get Commands bound to Key

Bonsai

Well as you said these seems to be for functions:

getFunctionsBoundToKey  
getKeyBoundToFunction 

But since they return a table (with strings I assume) it might work for bound commands as well, try the wiki example if you haven't done it yet and see what it outputs. Admin panel for example (default key: 'P') can be accessed by the command '/admin' as well, so if this works you should be able to see that in the output.

function output() 
    outputChatBox("Hi") 
end 
bindKey("f2","down",output) 

local keyTable = { "mouse1", "mouse2", "mouse3", "mouse4", "mouse5", "mouse_wheel_up", "mouse_wheel_down", "arrow_l", "arrow_u", 
 "arrow_r", "arrow_d", "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", 
 "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z", "num_0", "num_1", "num_2", "num_3", "num_4", "num_5", 
 "num_6", "num_7", "num_8", "num_9", "num_mul", "num_add", "num_sep", "num_sub", "num_div", "num_dec", "F1", "F2", "F3", "F4", "F5", 
 "F6", "F7", "F8", "F9", "F10", "F11", "F12", "backspace", "tab", "lalt", "ralt", "enter", "space", "pgup", "pgdn", "end", "home", 
 "insert", "delete", "lshift", "rshift", "lctrl", "rctrl", "[", "]", "pause", "capslock", "scroll", ";", ",", "-", ".", "/", "#", "\\", "=" } 

addCommandHandler("gakf",function() 
    for _,i in ipairs(keyTable)do --loop through keyTable 
        for _,v in ipairs(getFunctionsBoundToKey(i))do --loop through the key bounded functions 
            outputChatBox(i..":"..v) --output the keyname and the function bound to it 
        end 
    end 
end) 

• 3 years later...

Do you know how to get names of functions. There are numbers like objects data. The letter keys are not returned. I mean, I need a list like in menu -> binds. This function is promising but doesn't work for me.

I mean, I'm asking because want to use something like this:

function playerPressedKey( button, press )
    local boundKey = getKeyBoundToFunction( 'horn' );
    if button == boundKey then   
        if ( press ) then
            ACTION = false
            outputDebugString( "You pressed the "..button.." key!" )
        end
    end    
end
addEventHandler( "onClientKey", root, playerPressedKey )

which should work that way - I use horn to speed up ped's slow walking on the street. But don't know where's horn binded.

Edited by Salem