A Programmers Cry For Help

Gtatari

Ok.. i downloaded the Admin Consoles source because i decided i wanted to make a mod. The code is organized neatly and all, i figured out how to display text to the screen and all, but there is just one problem.. i cant add sh1t. i added a timer and set the interval to 10.. then i made it so it displays the car the player is in, every 10 miliseconds.. this is what happens:

it only displays when something else is diplayed ie: if i activate a cheat.. it will appear imeadiatly after the "Cheat Activated" appears

it only displays the original car the player was in, for example: if im in a banshee when i launch Admin Console, it will only say that i am in a banshee.. if i get in a stinger, then a cartel cruiser, then a infernus, it will keep displaying "banshee", even though its constantly get\disp the car every 10 miliseconds. then i thot that maybe 10ms was way to short.. so i made it every 2, 10, 20 seconds... still nothing happens.

what am i doing wrong?

is there ever going to be some sort of general gta MOD moduals to dl for vb? -cuz i really would like some functions that i can include in my own program, rather than just edit AC.

if you can help, or suggest something, please respond here or PM me.. thx

I believe GTA 3 admin console checks whether GTA 3 is minimized, and only activates the timers when that happens, you should disable that function. I believe the boolean is called GTA3Iconized or something like that.

Good luck :)

PS. I'm from the YaMM GTA3 mod-team and we're still looking for developers. If you're interested, come to our site and mail us, you sound like a good developer =D