MTABOT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i do have this in my possestion...

no, i do not use it, but yes, i could tell you how to detect and ban on command.

(btw a friend sent this cheating device to me, i didnt go on any hack site and shit, plz know me better then that.)

there are PMs to look for

/msg bot attack (yes it attacks ppl :?)

/msg bot spawn (spawns cars to the commander)

/msg bot follow (follows a person)

ban said commands, and itll be over belive you me.

no, i do not use it, but yes, i could tell you how to detect and ban on command.

(btw a friend sent this cheating device to me, i didnt go on any hack site and shit, plz know me better then that.)

maybe u should read the posts in this thread b4 u post

theyv already started banning on these commands, but people are hex editing the file so that the commands are changed

thus that solution is only a way to keep it out of the hands of n00bs

ok here is the latest bot ban script:

elseif ( $4 == attack || $4 == follow || $4 == fire || $4 == spawn ) {
   if ($5 isnum) {
     mta.say $1 $mta.name($1,$2) $+ : Suspected BOT usage (BOT: $mta.name($1,$mta.getid($1,$3)) $+ )
     mta.ban $1 $2
     mta.ban $1 $mta.getid($1,$3)
   }
 }

under mta.pm

its a new age of cheaters now programers are in about it so mta mus be getting big

I wouldn't call these persons 'programmers', Script Kiddies is a much better term.

A while ago I already developed such a bot. My main aims were decoding the player protocol for developing features like Admin+ offers us now. In the progress a killing feature was also implemented, for some sort of semi-automatic cheat detecting. While developing it I realised that if such a feature would get into the wrong hands it would be pure evil, and that time is now. I stopped developing it just because I thought of the consequences it could've had for MTA.

As for actions that can be taken against this thing, the first step has already been made: scripts detecting the PM commands. It doesn't take a genious to see that this just isn't enough, with hex editing this can easily be evaded. The real newbies won't be able to use the program anymore, but it's not the newbies that I fear...

A more sophisticated detection could be done by detecting teleporting or 'following' behaviour. However, this also isn't going to last (I won't tell why, the creator of this program might not have figured that out).

The real solution for this problem should be built into a new 'fool-proof' version of the server and the client. Then it depends on the skills and motivation of the creator of the program whether he will figure that out again...

I quite certainly will be working on detection methods, but this will take time, let's just hope this doesn't escalates any further...

So far this thread has focused how to technically stop these things from cheaters who want to use them. I think that is good an nessasary.

I also think some people have used these things because they were a sort of grey area and a novelty. I haven't seen a bot in game or used one but I understand what they are capable of and why they are unwanted even if people see them as a harmless joke in some forms.

I see them as something I wish wasn't thought up and something that should be discouraged as much as any other cheat.

I think the word should spread thru to all of the experienced players in this game that these things are not fun and harmless but a cheat and you will be banned from servers and kicked from gangs for using it.

I have done this with my gang and I will back this up.

Since this game started there have been easy to get cheats that every vet has had access to. It was the general policies to stop people who use them from being accepted into the community and the idea of fair play that has kept them out for the most part.

Same here.

In brief:

Please find a way to make bots impossible if you can but also spread the word that using them means you are banished.

Well opium u can do that but i saw an section to change name of the bot so that thing is no USE!

Good try but i dont think every1 will be that dumb to keep the bots name bot

Maybe it is time we start actually listening to suggestions.

How many times has MAC address banning been suggested?

This has been suggested countless times, and if it had been implemented, the problem would not have gotten this worse.

But like I said earlier, something good could come of this. I suggest you find the guy who made this bot and recruit him to develop this bot officially. It would be cool to have a bot that drives around the city in an invincible coach all day. This would be a good thing because it would give players a way to travel in safety. Maybe if you pmmed the bot to stop, it would stop and allow you a few seconds to get off. These coaches would stop at the various bus stops in Vice City and allow you to enter and exit.

Maybe it is time we start actually listening to suggestions.

This has been suggested countless times, and if it had been implemented, the problem would not have gotten this worse.

Is mac address banning possible? I've never seen it before, so I didn't even know it would work :P

Find the cheat creator and give him source access enabling him to create even more devestating fun-killing hacks? I think not. If we had wanted AI of some kind at this point we would have worked on some, we dont, we havn't.

As for what you insist we should do, know of what you speak before you do so please.

I know that I am not the only one that has suggested MAC Address Banning. No one knows what the creator of this bot's intentions were, so dubbing him a "cheat creator" is not appropriate. The fact that he was able to create a bot that could do all of this means that he is a competent coder.

Edit: This is unrelated, but is the webserver getting DoS'd again? The page load time seems to be fluctuating. Sometimes it loads instantly and others it takes a very long time and sometimes I get no response from the server whatsoever.

It's entirely appropriate, its made eminently clear that mta is to be used with NO MODS WHATSOEVER. Its also made very clear that reverse engineering and 'home brew' clients of any kind are forbidden in the EULA.

This thing is both of the above, and provides an AI CHEATER, one that works for someone else, or can be set to screw with another player.

Only an utter moron could fail to realise this is a cheat on many many levels, and somebody able to throw this together wouldnt be moronic, just stupid.

I won't argue with you, Bump. Even though that this MTA bot is being used to cheat, I am simply pointing out that a computer player being able to interact with players in MTA is extraordinary.

What's extrordinary is that you keep at it

Did using this bot require a CRC check go around? I don't think it did because someone in this thread talked about testing it and that would mean they had a crack I guess.

I know people who have used it but I am more concearned with making sure noone I can influence ever does again.

You will have some sucess making sure people can not use it.

Almost as important is letting people know they should not either.

Presumably if it has been suggested countless times, the team would have implemented it? However, I do agree that it would be good to have something more substantial than IP banning, and I heard that Kryptos is working on a banning system for GGM that uses hard disk serial numbers.

I think it's a shame this got a bad rap because of the people using it, if it were released to the trusted MTA vets it probably could've had a lot of practical uses, such as private training (1 on 1 or clan), or the invincble taxi idea b0b0 had.

But as it was said, it got into the wrong hands and proved to be a nuisance to a lot. What surprises me is it looks like it was abused people I thought better of. :/

I think it's a shame this got a bad rap because of the people using it, if it were released to the trusted MTA vets it probably could've had a lot of practical uses, such as private training (1 on 1 or clan), or the invincble taxi idea b0b0 had.

Yeah, it would have been great for LAN games too.