MTA Server

army19

Not sure if I got right forum but this one seemed good enough for this topic, so let's begin.

Last night I bought myself a server by mtahost.co , I paid 3,75€

It says that support will do anything that is needed for server only I need to do is ask. So this morning I sent them message that they need to set my server to roleplay so I can play temporary until I find nice script to place it and I asked them to explain me how to work with server. Guess what, they still didn't answered to my support ticked. I had it with waiting and I want to run my server and play on it. It's my fist time running a server and as you see I am not so good in running it, but I will learn I hope.

I tried many ways to change my server from freeroam to roleplay but unsuccessful. So now I am asking you if anyone can help me, explain me how to setup my server to another gamemode.

I don't realy know. this is depending on scripts. If they use MySQL database or they use basic database. You should pay this guy if you think it is worth it but I dubt it... I think you should try installing mta-paradise, but it is a bit outdated. But it should work for you at begining :)

You can download mta-paradise here: https://github.com/mabako/mta-paradise

you need to install mysql server and then you should follow this instructions, if you will have any problems you should post here in forum...

# MTA: Paradise Installation 

## MySQL configuration 

### Creating the database. 
Create a new database, the server should automatically create all required tables if it can login and the needed privilegies are granted. 

### Configuring the server 
To make your server use your MySQL database, edit your *settings.xml* to at least contain the following settings - of course, replace the example values with the MySQL data to connect to the server. 

<settings> 
        <!-- MySQL Configuration --> 
        <setting name="@sql.user" value="username"/> 
        <setting name="@sql.password" value="password"/> 
        <setting name="@sql.database" value="database"/> 
        <setting name="@sql.hostname" value="localhost"/> 
        <setting name="@sql.port" value="3306"/> 
        <!-- Only use this on Linux if the normal connection does fail even though using the correct username & password. --> 
        <setting name="@sql.socket" value="/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock"/> 

<!-- Registration --> 
        <setting name="@players.allow_registration" value="1"/><!-- Change to 0 to disable registration and show an error message --> 
        <setting name="@players.registration_error_message" value="Edit this to show the user a message when registration is disabled"/> 
    </settings> 

## MTA Server configuration 

### Obtaining the resources 
To get started, clone either the [main repository]([url=git://github.com/marcusbauer/mta-paradise.git]git://github.com/marcusbauer/mta-paradise.git[/url]) or your fork into *mods/deathmatch*. It should already come with all configuration files required.  

### Linux 
If you are using a linux server, edit your *mods/deathmatch/mtaserver.conf* and replace 

<module src="mta_mysql.dll"/> 

with 

<module src="mta_mysql.so"/> 

### Windows 
You need to copy the file *mods/deathmatch/modules/libmysql.dll* to your *MTA Server* directory (the one with MTA Server.exe in it) 

### Ready to go! 

Assuming your MySQL connection details are correctly set up, all left to do is to start the MTA server. Otherwise, the server will keep shutting down on startup, look at *mods/deathmatch/logs/server.log* for a detailed error message.