Creating hitch points for trailers

anumaz

Adding the possibility of creating hitch points for vehicles/trailers.

This feature exists for the Utility Truck, which has attached a Utility Trailer. However, if creating hitch points to any vehicle could be done, that'd be sick. Something like

createHitchPoint(vehelement, offX, offY, offZ)

setElementPosition 
setElementRotation 
setElementVelocity 
setVehicleTurnVelocity 

Not saying the suggestion is useless, I'm just saying it can already be scripted.

That's a good suggestion, however, that wouldn't follow GTA physics just like a normal trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK, you can do this by using custom models in single-player, not sure if loading those would work in MTA though. There was a mod that added such points to the ends of trailers, letting the player create chains of trailers. (sry, I can't find it)

I think you just add a dummy object with the appropriate name to the appropriate parent.

But if this was possible from scripts, that would indeed be better. (no dff downloads)

I might sound dumb... But shouldn't attachTrailerToVehicle do the trick? I don't think that the function is limited to only truck trailers, should work on all of them.

Nope, since the vehicles need a trailer hitch dummy.

And without the dummy, it would try to attach to the vehicle's parent node which is typically at the bottom of the car in the center.

I might sound dumb... But shouldn't attachTrailerToVehicle do the trick? I don't think that the function is limited to only truck trailers, should work on all of them.

Nope, since the vehicles need a trailer hitch dummy.

And without the dummy, it would try to attach to the vehicle's parent node which is typically at the bottom of the car in the center.

I never tried to get it that far. I had not realized it would do as such. Though I do know that even if you were to move the parent dummy to the trailer hitch position you would then have a car with broken handling & very buggy. Personally I feel this suggestion could open up a tonne of possibilities.