0.41 really makes me CRANKY

most of the times playing 0.41 i really get in a very BAD mood :(

Not only that i have crashes at the most inconvenient times...crashes MUCH more than i ever had with 0.3....

ALso....the mousewheel-lag sisue is extremely annoying. If you're in a fight the game slows down...and i need to be quick using my scroll wheel..and NOTHING happens for about a second. ---> DEAD

(of course we didnt have that in 0.3 either)

I could get over these things (maybe my AMD 1900 is already too SLOW ?? My inet is fine my pings are great..why is everything so slow anf laggy all of a sudden...its crucial in a game where seconds count...)

WHAT ANNOYS me most, ok, this is GTA related and i dont think the MTA coders can do anything about it..

Together with the lagy feeling and the added "weapn re-load delay" (OH how loooooooove it)...means:

You are standing and see someone shooting. YOU KNOW you are dead...because once you are hit you cant do anything.

Yo cant RUN, you cant JUMP, you cant SHOOT back..because the game is unresponsive...and fights are in essence only a matter of "who shoots you first"....it does not make much sense that i cant move, jump or do anything the moment i see someone shooting at me to avoid getting killed...its like i am handicapped.....

together with the many crashes and the mouse-scroll (weapon select) lag i get really, really annoyed lately..

And.....btw. all this 'new' cars just plain SUCK....sorry to be so honest...what about all that junk cars on the airport ? I need long enough to go somewhere alerady if spawn as mexican...and now i have to use these rusty JUNK which adds another minute or so to get to the action.

if you add new cars..why only these junk cars ..i dont understand it...

Oh..yeah i am in a bad mood and go to bed now....

SIGH

And.....btw. all this 'new' cars just plain SUCK....sorry to be so honest...what about all that junk cars on the airport ? I need long enough to go somewhere alerady if spawn as mexican...and now i have to use these rusty JUNK which adds another minute or so to get to the action.

Hmm - that's a point. When I spawn at the airport and find the Stinger gone, I mostly can't be bothered to leave in any other vehicle. I know that a lot of people do the same.

If the MTA are concerned about spawn wars, why not at least give people who don't want to participate a proper alternative. If you take one of those other cars during a spawn war, you're bound to be set on fire before you're out of there.

its useless to debate whether spawn wars are good or not...i think its a matter of preference. (Not sure if it was Mr Bump yesterday on one of the servers and i gave some comments regarding this)

Face it...MTA is a VERY fast paced game....one reason is that a character dies very quickly (one shot with stuby or two)...and *usually* powerups are sparse or far away. Many, many times it does only take seconds or a minute 'til you die.

In comparison then the crashes, log-in and driving somewhere takes LONG.

So.what makes more sense than a spawn war where everything goes much quicker, saves you the time to go somewhere etc.

It would be a different story if our health would be that we can sustain dozens of shots and many more power-ups...this would basically make the average 'life time' much longer....but as said this is not the case.

AND...GTA is intersting and cool especially because of the fact that you have a certain flexibility to chose what you want...eg. you can have slow game play if you wanna get it on slow and adjust your fighting tactics accordingly - OR you can have super fast game play if you chose for having a spawn war for an amount of time.

Beside..i think fast spawn wars are very good for training your direct shooting skills, eg. shot-timings which are so essential in this game. You cant really train that if you need 10 mins to go somewhere...get kilde with ONE (!) shot....then have to re-login/re-start the whole game and then go to the same location just t 'continue' the fight....its a total pain in the ***.

I do agree however that there should be spawn killing protection (because it is another annoying thing and just shouldnt be possible)...and (as mentioned above)..they really (in my opinion) should tweak the timings/animations so people have at least a chance to REACT once they see they get shot at instead of totally being unable to react no matter what they try to do.

Big, big 'concern' is the total unreliability of weapons (m60 in close fight, LOL or sometimes just plain random whether you actually hit someone or not)..its more a lottery game than really having anythingto do with 'skills' whatsoever....

Big, big 'concern' is the total unreliability of weapons (m60 in close fight, LOL or sometimes just plain random whether you actually hit someone or not)..its more a lottery game than really having anythingto do with 'skills' whatsoever....

Sounds to me like your still playing 0.3, 0.4 weapons seem to perform fine aim wise. Not sure why you suffer 'mousewheel lag', or even what you mean by that to be honest.

By rights you should already be immortal whilst waiting for everything to load when spawning, apparently it's not always so though. Seems some sync is messing up somewhere along the way for some people.

As for one shot and your dead, that only applies to a lucky shot from a stubby. Just try not to let the stubby wielder get that close :)

Sounds to me like your still playing 0.3, 0.4 weapons seem to perform fine aim wise. Not sure why you suffer 'mousewheel lag', or even what you mean by that to be honest.

I think he meant that when he moves the mousewheel, it takes time for it to switch weapons. I don't see how MTA would affect this though.

By rights you should already be immortal whilst waiting for everything to load when spawning, apparently it's not always so though. Seems some sync is messing up somewhere along the way for some people.

That makes no difference though because you can't move during that time. Someone could stand there waiting for you to finish loading, so it's exactly the same as if they were just spawning like in 0.3. In other games, they give you about 3 secs or so of invincibility so that you can get yourself ready for a fight, rather than just being killed almost instantly without having a chance to defend yourself.

>>>

>>>

of course i am playing 0.41. I think you should know that the m60 is kinda worthless in close fight....m60 vs. stubby when the other guy is only a foot away...m60 loses :)

Mousewheel lag...right now i have an AMD 1900 with a Radeon9800 Pro which should be sufficient for *that* game...my inet is excellent (pings often under 30, usually best ping on server).

I have general game slow-downs (probably because the additional weather/fog etc...)...and this very annoying 'lag' when i switch my mousewheel to another weapon.

(happens mostly while in fights in when there's stuff going on like explosions and other action...i am bare handed and want to switch to a weapon..and i switch....and nothing happens for some fractions of a second.....) Otherwise its FINE...but as said especially in fights when it happens its very bad and usually means i am dead :)

I did not have that issue in 0.3...and the other 'slow downs' (which might be related)..but i am still surprised because my computer should be fine speed wise.

of course i am playing 0.41. I think you should know that the m60 is kinda worthless in close fight....m60 vs. stubby when the other guy is only a foot away...m60 loses

And stubby is useless if your opponent is over 20 foot away, m4 is useless if u want to run and shoot, molotovs and grenades are useless in enclosed areas, katana is useless if your opponent doesnt stop still, Your point is?

. Just try not to let the stubby wielder get that close :)

yeah lol...when *i* got a stubby too i have to get close to kill :)

But we have a misunderstanding here !!!!!!!!!

I did not talk about the common "one person shoots you with stubby and you die" - but instead of the fact that you see someone shooting at you (you do NOT die with the first shot !) - but even if you see you're just getting shot you can not to *anything*...no jumps, no run away, no shooting back. Because you dont have enough time 'til you get the NEXT shot - you can TRY to run jump, shoot back....but it all fails because these actions take longer than it takes for the next shot (which kills you).

Can you follow me ? :)

Now its even worse with the slower weapon animation btw..

Thats why i said its ofte only a matter 'who gets shot first' (and not real fighting skills).

I was not talking about the "one shot kill lucky shots".

Thats why i said its ofte only a matter 'who gets shot first' (and not real fighting skills).

actually, fighting skills determine who gets shot first :wink:.

plus, most of the time (at least in my experience), you DO have a chance to escape after being shot down because most people get the timing wrong for the second shot.

and if you dont like getting shot down by the stubby, use a long-range weapon and stay on the outside of the fight, where stubby's cant hurt you.

A good HDD defrag helps if you haven't for ahwile.

my pc is fine, i also use perfectdisk to defrag...its not my computer, i am positive.

I just come back from another dozen or so crashes at robber spawn....please tell me others dont have this problem... its at a point where the robber is almost unplayable....

its ESPECIALLY annoying in spawn wars because of the high frequency of kills/game restarts involved....since "some" people obviously dont care about spawn wars maybe this issue doesnt bother them ?

For me its extremely annoying...

I feel exactly the same lara and yes I agree it has nothing to do with what computer people have because mine is pretty much perfect and I'm crashing really for the first time ever. Only times I crashed in 0.3.2 were if someone deleted a building or if i paused too long.

These crashes are a big issue, as well as lag. I actually preffered 0.4 because the character select was better (I'll kill whoever whinged about it :evil: ), spawn camping, despite the fact spawning is slightly random, wasn't as big an issue, and because of my excellent net connection I got smoother gameplay. Anyway 0.4.1 is here, you tell us it's better but I'm crashing just as much, sure people modding may be a factor especially in the heavily modded servers local servers I play in but robber wars are a big thing.

I think the M-60 is a bit of a joke but I have fought as Mex as well because it's a long drive from Phil's Place if the action is near the airport and I've found that crashes just as much when there's lots of people about. I just hope there is a fix for it in .2 but 0.4.1 is still a very good version IMO so thankyou.

i dont get that problem...

are we talking about mousewheel/weapon select 'lag' or the crashes ? (robber spawn crashes...)

I am quite sure i am not the only one because i constantly hear people saying the same (announcing their crashes in chat)...VERY often btw. it happens that a bunch of people crash at the same time.

I had *relatively* few crashes in 0.3 ( RELATIVELY)..if yu think that it is a mod, a beta, and was originally not even supported...its free...etc....i could live with that (crashes once in a while). But now its just too much.

Some animations were slowed down to avoid almost instantanious fire-switch-fire-switch... situations,which caused desync and made the player not seem to stop on other people's screens,which of course is a glitch that gave unfair advantage.The animation of changing weapons(Shotguns)after firing is now slower because of that(I think).

As for jumping,that's what I do after firing,only that I don't stop immediatly,some times I jump 3 or 4 times after shooting and then I shoot again,or sometimes I run around people(With strategy=P)and shoot when I notice they're a little confused.

About the crashes,I either don't crash for a long period,or I start crashing like it was 0.1(Ewww :lol: ),and it seems when 1 person crashes,several others crash at the same time,in both GTA3 and VC,specially on spawn wars or when some dope(Sorry it's not their fault but it's f****** annoying when u spent at least 5 minutes to get,let's say,an infernus or a police truck.)walks through a car that I see(But he didn't),therefore flipping the car or making me crash.

Hope I was of any help. :wink:

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

0.4.1 works perfectly for me...

dont like the delay after firing your stubby? jump immediately after firing. or use the crouch glitch if you play like that :?

dont like getting killed by 3 m60 bullets? learn how to dodge and predict your opponent better. the trick is to jump or run as your enemy raises their weapon to fire, not after they already started shooting...

dont like it when you and your enemy are both shooting eachother, but your shots dont go through and you die? stop firing as soon as you notice your shots not doing damage, and move a short distance, stop so that your aiming cirlce is on target as soon as you stop moving, and fire. repeat as necessary.

dont like the fact that the m60 is "useless" at close ranges? dont be foolish, the m60 is for long range fighting... of course you can use the m60 or m4 at close range against a stubby user, but you better be damn sure you can predict your opponent and you better be really good at dodging and aiming, so you always get that first shot :wink:

Yeah, I have the same problem Lara, my pc is 128mb ATI Radeon Pro 9800 and I receive lag now and then, it's odd, this pc is new.

As for the stubby reload, I don't like in my opinion because after I jump in mid-air I get shot, maybe die in 1 shot (happens more) or I'm like to 20. And Constantly I see blood everywhere and even aim a little in front of the player, but I'm incountering this new warp glitch that it looks like they are speed hacking and u cant really tell if they are glitching or not.

I miss 0.3 in ways and the less crashes, but in 0.4.1 the crashes seemed lighter, not always crashing after respawning thank god.

I got tired of VC because of some of these things and the shots not registering! I played someone and they said only half of my shots register so that sucks, so I moved to play gta3.

in gta3 just hope u dont get run over by ammunation and that there isnt to many in the server... the freezing and crashing do piss me off and the limitation but i like it in ways more then VC.

i want weather to be back in gta3 though, i got no lag from it but a little lag in VC in 0.4. just hope the freezing and crashes will be fixed for gta3 for larger servers (ie. party)

but the thing I hate about car kills, i dont mind it and all but people actually sit outside of ammunation with there car waiting to run u over... so if ur playin gta3 make sure u have a car close by to get safe from the car killers lol

You could try using the Ammunation at 8-ball's. The n00bs only seem to know about the one in the centre of town. Or just use the weapon pickups as I do.

Yea, most newbs don't even know that the Docks/8-Ball ammunations exist. I try to stay away from the main one, because its always chaos there :P

As for the stubby reload, I don't like in my opinion because after I jump in mid-air I get shot, maybe die in 1 shot (happens more) or I'm like to 20. And Constantly I see blood everywhere and even aim a little in front of the player, but I'm incountering this new warp glitch that it looks like they are speed hacking and u cant really tell if they are glitching or not.

u forgot that some time's the player shoting u with the stubby u shouldnt die from 1 shot caz u was not so close to u and for some reson u do

You could try using the Ammunation at 8-ball's. The n00bs only seem to know about the one in the centre of town. Or just use the weapon pickups as I do.

Yea, most newbs don't even know that the Docks/8-Ball ammunations exist. I try to stay away from the main one, because its always chaos there :P

Yeah just the other day I learned about those...

/me was a noob

much better time now...

Plus for GTA3 you can get 5 shotgun shells from the gas station and another 5 from a spawned police car even if you are broke...

As far as the M60 vrs the stubby... automatic weapons own VC now.. some dullards are still stuck to the stubby but get a little distance and maybe drop a nade that will scare them off to a good disance so you can MP5 and M60 them.

I can type this next tip and people will still do it...

Run around a building corner when you are being chased ... Right when you round the corner drop a nade and keep moving... 8 times out of 10 they will run right over it then it's katana time :wink:

Plus for GTA3 you can get 5 shotgun shells from the gas station and another 5 from a spawned police car even if you are broke...

Also, you can find another shotgun shell on that one building in the Portland Harbor. Fly a dodo by there and you will see 2 smoke stacks, land nicely there, run on the building looking for the shotgun, it will also give you a pistol, uzi, health, and a shotgun I think. If the health isn't down there, just jump down, but on the way down remember to get rid of the dodo if you want to fly again.

Edit: Oh and you can get another shotgun shell by Saint Marks, it is by that old AK-47 pickup in SP, where the Mafia Car is laid, just go behind it and down a little hill and you will see a pistol and a shotgun.