MTA:VC Does Not Work

MTA:VC does not work for me anymore.

It used to work, now I cannot see anybody in game or on map :(

We have tried with a variety of computers at LANs and no version of MTA works.

Here are some system specs if they help any:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Graphics Card: Geforce3 Ti 128mb running the latest Omega Drivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net)

GTA:VC v1.0 (Running off hard drive not network)

DirectX 9.0c

it just doesnt support windows server 2003 windows server 2003 is based on a win 98 driver installation and mixed up with some xp kind of style.

all dll files are tweaked. you can try to use it on other windows versions.

at least it always works on win xp home/profesional/reloaded

That's what I thought... but I've just noticed that he said it used to work :?

It used to work on XP. Then it stopped working on XP, i've since then switched to the far superior Windows Server 2003 Operating System.

it just doesnt support windows server 2003 windows server 2003 is based on a win 98 driver installation and mixed up with some xp kind of style.

all dll files are tweaked. you can try to use it on other windows versions.

at least it always works on win xp home/profesional/reloaded

Windows Server 2003 is Windows XP. It is not based on win98 driver installation, it uses Windows XP Drivers.

It also doesn't work on Windows XP Professional. What is reloaded?

can u use the chat???

do u hav any firewall runnin?

wot server did u try with?

Tried running on a LAN Server and some random internet servers. Tried both the latest MTA 3.1 and the older 2.0. I know that 2.0 used to work. Did not try the chat beacuse it's the game i'm interested in. No firewall's or AV running, they for n00bs lol.

XP Pro is just XP Home with a few extra features that would be of more interest to businesses than home users.

or people who like to have secure computers (like me)

There is this thing called the Group Policy Editor in Windows XP that is awesome for setting up security.

In Windows Server 2003 there are even more tools to play with for securing your computer. You can never trust anyone at a LAN or on a wireless network.

• 2 weeks later...
XP Pro is just XP Home with a few extra features that would be of more interest to businesses than home users.

or people who like to have secure computers (like me)

There is this thing called the Group Policy Editor in Windows XP that is awesome for setting up security.

In Windows Server 2003 there are even more tools to play with for securing your computer. You can never trust anyone at a LAN or on a wireless network.

Oh, you like secure computers? Maybe you've heard of Linux. With Windows, you are never safe.

Perhaps the Group Policy Editor has restricted you from playing MTA? What happens if you try to play under an Administrator account? Also, have you tried forwarding the proper ports to your computer?