luac.mtasa.com and us

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Is there anything in which x player can decrypt the encrypted data? (just asking because i dont want my scripts to be stolen)

Yes. It's already being decrypted at runtime. It's just a matter of knowing what they're doing.

Generally, you won't see it happening, but otherwise, yes.

• 2 weeks later...

The obfuscation, as I believe, is an RSA (or some other) encryption. As you probably know, nothing is instantaneous - decryption takes some time and I guess it can take quite a while to decrypt very large scripts before they're loaded into memory. This might be a reason as to why it isn't forced.

• 4 weeks later...
Good idea. (being sarcastic here if you don't realise) Completely remove the possibility to decrypt the code and hope it will magically load up. MTA needs to decrypt the code in order to load it into memory.

And why did I expect a normal non-narcissistic response from a MTA forum user? (rhetorical question if you dont realiZe) Idiot. I was referring to the built-in Lua function that dumps the bytecode.

if you dont realiZe
Actually, in international English standards, you use (modern) British English (–ise), not American English (–ize). Besides, I only expressed my view but you called me an idiot which I find quite offensive.

Your opinion? Then why is your opinion to scold me for pointing out the issues of MTA that could have been easily avoided. It's not like I didn't try to help. And even if I was implying to remove the built-in decrypt function, it could still work. They could've still sent the request from the server to luac.multitheftauto.com and receive the bytecode for runtime. It's not like the server is not going to be connected to the Internet.

And as of realize/realise issue, it is actually fine to write it both ways. I just corrected you because you're using British spelling to sound smart, when obviously you are not.

People should just give out the source of their scripts. If you are worrying somebody duplicates your server then keep in mind most other games dont even have such scripting. Good server is made from community and financial resources to keep connection fast.

if you dont realiZe
Actually, in international English standards, you use (modern) British English (–ise), not American English (–ize). Besides, I only expressed my view but you called me an idiot which I find quite offensive.

Your opinion? Then why is your opinion to scold me for pointing out the issues of MTA that could have been easily avoided. It's not like I didn't try to help. And even if I was implying to remove the built-in decrypt function, it could still work. They could've still sent the request from the server to luac.multitheftauto.com and receive the bytecode for runtime. It's not like the server is not going to be connected to the Internet.

And as of realize/realise issue, it is actually fine to write it both ways. I just corrected you because you're using British spelling to sound smart, when obviously you are not.

Doesn't fix anything. Sniffing is way easier than you think... at least for those who already know how to get the decrypted code.

Oh, I see. So you're using the American version so that you look dumb, which you obviously are.

Jokes aside, I actually used the British version not to look smart, but because I am a British resident.

Revolt said:
@myonlake: Actually, it does fix anything (something)! It just doesn't fix everything*. BTW, did you ever take any dissembler classes? There is a lot of work to it. It is very unlikely that a person who wishes to steal is going to know this much.

A lot of things you can learn from just the internet, really. And I never took any classes on any programming language, or an assembler or whatever, I've learnt it all by doing and experimenting, and ultimately just hacking.

No, it doesn't fix anything, it's just a different way to do the whole process. Regardless of what you have running in your runtime you can dump it out regardless of where you got the code from originally. As long as you're running it on your PC, you can get the original code.

On 14/01/2016 at 23:49, myonlake said:

A lot of things you can learn from just the internet, really. And I never took any classes on any programming language, or an assembler or whatever, I've learnt it all by doing and experimenting, and ultimately just hacking.

No, it doesn't fix anything, it's just a different way to do the whole process. Regardless of what you have running in your runtime you can dump it out regardless of where you got the code from originally. As long as you're running it on your PC, you can get the original code.

And yes, it does fix something (as I previously stated). This is fact*.

It is way easier to execute the critical function than running a disassembler on MTA server and eventually locating the exact moment the script is decrypted and pausing it. And removing the issue I first stated would leave this option as the only one remaining to achieve the desired result.

Theoretically, there is always a possibility, but the likelihood of it's exercise reduces massively upon removing the most threatening issue.

I'd like to intervene here, despite that I don't know anything about Lua nor anything on this topic.

You can correct each other if someone has made a mistake on their understanding of Lua or anything, but not through fights and insulting.

@Revolt: Brate, nemoj tako, nemoj se spuštati na njihov nivo, vidiš da samo hoće da se svađaju. Pusti ih.

• 4 months later...