what a great game, what a sorry mod

There could be so much more done with the mod to make it better. As it stands u have an

amazing game to use, but a half assed online mod. Look at what was done with half life and

counter strike.

ok great u got deathmatch but wheres the team play, Maybe cops versus robbers?

u could have a capture the flag style play using money from the bank as the flag

u could have a caprute the are style game with opposing gangsters

Wheres the classic cannon ball run ??? that was even in the old gtas 1 and 2

and where the hell are the boats and planes??

please could u make the helicoptors icon on the map a different colour, spent to many hours

chasing an imposible to catch icon

plus as the game stands, no one goes on the first island because theres only one

spawn point there (the cops). plus thats well annoying if your a cop. plus sometimes the

spawn spots seem to be broken cos sometimes everyone seems to spawn from the same spot.

Would cutting the map in half (taking an island off) help the lag problems, if so I would

prefer it.

and whats the deal with all the cheaters??

I dont like it that anyone can come in with any old mod

needs more cars and bikes about

The stunts things a good idea but needs more cars again and more jumps. Plus get the scores

sorted out

the scores in death match dont go in rank order, can we not in a round time. say 30mins.

then it would seem like ya killing for a reason.

are any off these going to be in future updates?

But I am beggin the most importand one is the teamplay, it so much more fun driving around

with another player. Teamplay is what any great online game is about. Plus it would be

really easy to change that without needing much work.

yeah thats true but they had time to add in a stunt mode and they already have teams in there

Stunt mode was a quick last-minuter because they didn't manage to get it working with the new code until just before release. Hence stunt is exactly the same as it was in 0.3.

As Mad Boy said, it's a beta. It's (moderately) easy to create new game mode scripts with MTAMA for teamplay. The devs need to iron out the bugs before they can incorporate new features. You have to remember that Counter-Strike has been out for years, and the current version is the result of loads of patches and updates to tweak it. Plus Half-Life was actually intended to be modded and have multiplayer.

But I do agree with you that there's not much to keep you playing for several hours at a time.

Boats and planes are unavailable with the current core. A lot of things aren't possible with the current 0.3 core, and MTA 0.4 stretches what is possible to its limits. Core 0.4 is in development and is currently at 50%, and more patches / updates are planned for MTA 0.4.

Locked because this is just another ranter that doesn't like to read the forums and understand why these things are not in yet and he also does not understand: that GTA3 or GTAVC were not built for multiplayer action, he was not asked to play this mod, he is slandering people that make a free product with their own valuable time, he doesn't have his own mod thats better, and oh, of course:

BETA - NOT 1.0 - MEANING NOT PERFECT AND FLAWLESS

I'd like to emphasize the point others have made here. Everyone on the team is creating MTA in their spare time. Many of us dedictate hours a day to this mod, so anyone who comes along and tells us we haven't thought it out is stupid, as we spend a lot of our time thinking about MTA (obviously). As a team we have many expectations for what MTA will be able to do in the future. We'd love to be able to please everyone, even "chewEboy". We'd love team play too, we'd love CTF, we'd love boats, planes and customization and we'd love to have vehicles placed exactly where everyone wanted them, but we're restricted by many things. Mainly the fact that this mod is developed with almost no support from Rockstar. Concequently, we have _no_ access to source code. Mod half-life and you get a huge SDK, thousands of lines of code and a guide telling you what to do. We get nothing. Concequently producing MTA is as much a development process as it is a learning process, we've learnt a lot about how Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City works, as we go along. Concequently our current core can't support some of the things we - and the community really want it to, as the technology behind them was not avaliable when the core was designed. I hope that anyone who decides we don't know what we're doing thinks hard about how they'd do the same thing, and takes a more reasonable stance than "chewEboy" here. I don't mean to be sound pretentious, but we do know a lot more about how Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City works than most people out there (excluding Rockstar of course).

Anyway, thanks for the helpful suggestions, we never thought of them.

eAi

I would gladly sit here and yell at you like the others did, but i wont .

You start off comparing mta with counter strike , there is one big problem with that,you CANT compare mta/gta with counterstrike they are completly two different style of games

You complain about theyr not being other/more gamemodes, well in a sence there is , their called scripts, and its what we have to use for now, now if you want reall gamemodes then i suggest you wait,up untill now the team has been more focused one getting a stable version out so they can then work on gamemodes and more, what we have gotten until now should be considered a treat as the team could have easily not put in passenger mode not put in stunt , etcetc, and just left it as it was at the original state and improved that, the team of course are wanting to add gamemodes and everything that will make the game more enjoyable.

Boats and planes have been unnable to be added to a point where it would be enjoyable and playable, they HAVE tried so its not like they were lazy and just didnt want to,again i say where just be patience.

Helicopters icons are easy to spot cause most of the times they higher then you are, and there are vehicle maps on the forums, why dont you use that there are only about 5 helicopters around so it woudnt be too hard to remember where they are.

There isnt only one spawn on the first island , there are many the crusader,cops and secret service agents all spawn on the first island so you must have not checked them out, the crusader has +4 spawnpoints so that shoudl be enough,

About the mapsize, cutting it down to half would NOT reduce the lag cause mta is not aware of the map, so nothing no extra data is send from one island , maybe the warppoints at the staduim or things like that but thats small stuff.

Cheaters, well most of the times it will NOT be a heater that your facing but you simply dont know how to play , now dont take this as an insult, or wait take it however you want, its known that everyeone new to the game when they fail to kill someone they will immedialty think its a cheater, 90% it isnt.And cheating on mta isnt as easy as you make it sounds, you say anyone can come with any old mod and use it on mta, in reality they have to have a cracked client in order to do that, not too hard to find but still, they have to find it.The team does what it can against cheaters, as much as is possible for now, but its not enough we can see that.But if your worried about cheaters play on server you know have admins on them , the officials are a good example of this , if youi play on it and you supsect somenoe cheating go to the mta irc channel and report it , there are almost always someone that can kick and ban the person if it turns out that he infact is cheating.

The amount of vehicle capable to be used has reached its limit ( for now ?)

So the is no way to add more cars, sorry, maybe in a future version the team will figure a way to do it.Stuntmode wasn't even gonna make a comeback in 0.4 but they managed to tinker with it a bit and give us it.

More ramps jumps blablabla are simply things to addthe stuntversion didnt change much i think from since it was added so give it time, maybe someone will have a great idea on how to add them and the mta team will use it .

A timelimit would be somethign nice too ( as a server option ) , so you liek you say , have somethign to aim at.Maybe a added feature for the future ? Lets wait and see.

Teamplay :/ we do it all the time, just get together with your gang/friends/crew/clan and kill some people toghether , go stunting, do whatever , you dont reallly need a gamemode for this, and your saying it woudnt be hard, then you have no idea of how gta works, in gta there is no way to add somethign liek "friendly fire" , so it woud be hard,and untill some gamemodes come that you will need a group against another group it isnt really usefull.

I hope your appreciate me wasting my fingers on this long message and atleast take the time to read the message.And look around the forums you might see that things your disscusing have already been said, and maybe also given an official answer as to why or when we can (not) have it.

BTW i would just like to add that the cs team consist of 39 peopel mta team consist of 14 people, so thats a bigg difference.

To the forum regulars , :WTF with all the counterstrike peopel on our forums all of a sudden, whos the one that went to the cs site and advertised us :/

To the forum regulars , :WTF with all the counterstrike peopel on our forums all of a sudden, whos the one that went to the cs site and advertised us :/

/me looks at IJs or the stalkers that play CS with him and tell why hes so godly to them

Well, chewEboy, it isn't really fair to compare Half-Life mods and MTA. However, I do agree with you that the MTA Team is too pessimistic. If they can get two Vice City games to talk with each other, then surely they can do anything else they set their mind to.

But in regards to Half-Life mods and MTA, the difference is that an SDK, or Studio Developers' Kit, is available for Half-Life. The Half-Life SDK contains a lot of things including models and sprites, but more importantly it contains the essential source code that the modders need to use in order to customize Half-Life. There is no such SDK available for Vice City. Over time, people have learned to mod Vice City to a certain extent, but there is still a lot of stuff that no one has figured out yet.

Coding as well as testing takes a long time. What would you rather have, a perfect mod that takes years to release, or a work-in-progress mod that gets released every few months?

you guys should just copy and paste those previous speeches for the future complainers, sdo you don't have to retype that (or do you do that already?)

fact: comparing MTA and GTA to CS and Halflife is like comparing building a house (mta) to painting the wall (CS)

mta was built from the ground up, cs was a fresh look to an existing game

you guys should just copy and paste those previous speeches for the future complainers, sdo you don't have to retype that (or do you do that already?)

Or sticky the topic so that people notice it.

b0b0: I remember some of your previous posts, and all I can say is that the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" spring to mind.

I think that MTA is a prisoner of their own success. I mean, if you compare the site and the software to GTAT, it's a whole lot more professional, and so people tend to expect a professional, polished, bug-free mod like Counter-Strike.

look obviously im not knocking the people hard at work

im just simply a little confusted as to what things they decided to put in the mod first

and I know half life is nothing like GTA but what i ment was: when it came out, it was started as a team game. one team against another team

now I cant code so I dont know the ins and outs but surely they could be done. I mean theres already teams.

• MTA Team

game modes are not possible at the moment. And yes, stunt is in, we know that and yes it can be seen as a game mode. But we never made it because we wanted a gamemode, it was something a forum moderator (who later became a team member) made. (And Bump don't kick me if i'm wrong but i do beleive you started as a moderator not)? So basicly it was just there one day, as a litle extra.

And there are NO teams, sure there are careers and ou spawn in different locations with different guns but things we don't have is a difference between carreers, weapon selection, picjups and so on so a team gamemode is out of the question at the moment.

Do we plan on making it possible in the future? sure we do. But the first thing we want to develop is a stable mod that almost never crashes with a decent netcode that could save a lot of bandwith compared to the current one, with a better integration with the game.

Comparing MTA and CS is impossible. CS is a mod for a game developed with an SDK (some scripts, some maps, ...) while MTA is stand alone software that needs to be developed from scratch.

Btw spotting a helicopter is so damn easy, it's located higher so you get a triangle.

If you don't like what you see at the moment then don't play and wait for a 1.0 before you judge us.

But we never made it because we wanted a gamemode, it was something a forum moderator (who later became a team member) made.

Actually Blokker I was in the Team for a while before making the stunt version, which was agreed on after seeing problems people had trying to stunt in 0.1, so it didnt just appear under your doorstep as it were :)

game modes are not possible at the moment. And yes, stunt is in, we know that and yes it can be seen as a game mode. But we never made it because we wanted a gamemode, it was something a forum moderator (who later became a team member) made. (And Bump don't kick me if i'm wrong but i do beleive you started as a moderator not)? So basicly it was just there one day, as a litle extra.

And there are NO teams, sure there are careers and ou spawn in different locations with different guns but things we don't have is a difference between carreers, weapon selection, picjups and so on so a team gamemode is out of the question at the moment.

Do we plan on making it possible in the future? sure we do. But the first thing we want to develop is a stable mod that almost never crashes with a decent netcode that could save a lot of bandwith compared to the current one, with a better integration with the game.

Comparing MTA and CS is impossible. CS is a mod for a game developed with an SDK (some scripts, some maps, ...) while MTA is stand alone software that needs to be developed from scratch.

Btw spotting a helicopter is so damn easy, it's located higher so you get a triangle.

If you don't like what you see at the moment then don't play and wait for a 1.0 before you judge us.

Well I personaly would like a teamplay game over fixing all the crash's

cos fixing all those crash's will surely take AGEES

if u had a basic teamplay in the game it would make me ( and im sure others) wanna play the game for a long while and a lot of times. instead of 5 mins then bored.

plus whos bothered about a few crashs if the games 20 times better, witch it would be

and then sort all the crash's out

Well, with that in mind, there's a mod called GTAT that should be right up your street... :roll:

Great features, except you can't take advantage of them because it crashes before you have a chance to have any fun.

You wouldn't be able to play the game for "a long while" because it would crash so often.

The trouble is, when you add new features, you increase the number of things that can (and often will) go wrong. This means that it becomes increasingly harder to narrow bugs down. The best way is to get everything working perfectly and then add a feature. If it crashes, you know for sure that it's the new feature.

im sorry, but this post just made me MAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!! :evil:

Im sure im not the first person to reply this way, but i jus cant be bothered to read the reply's.

look chewits, im no programmer, but im programmer enough to know how F***ING hard it is!

if this is your opinion on other peoples work (hard god dam work) then u can shove it up your ass! so unless u can do better shut ur traphole!

this is the MTA mod not "ChewEboy's sickest desires mod", so the team does not need you consultment on everything. If you have suggestions, post them in the suggestions section, and not in such a rude dam manner.

If not for the MTA team you'd never, even in your wettest dreams, be able to imagine that such, as you call it "sorry mod", was even possible. CS was built on the "fully moddable" half life engine, which was already multiplayer capable. GTA Vice City, was not meant for modding and was single player only. So what you describe as a "sorry mod" i call a miracle work.

Team do not listen to this morron, he thinks ideas materialize without effort, all you have to do is add a line "team play" to the source code and voila.

P.S.

plus as the game stands, no one goes on the first island because theres only one spawn point there (the cops). plus thats well annoying if your a cop. plus sometimes the spawn spots seem to be broken cos sometimes everyone seems to spawn from the same spot.

chewEboy, was it your english teacher that told you all sentences in the english language are supposed to start with "plus"?