MTA 0.4.1 Released

Cray

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the enhanced stability.

It's a pity that some features had to be sacrificed though (e.g the weather sync in GTA3 and the new character selection screen in VC). Will these make a comeback in a later patch, or will we have to wait for a later core?

OMG i hated the new (4.0) character selection and that stupid counter :) It looked nice in the beginning....but after a while it got annoying :)

OMG i hated the new (4.0) character selection and that stupid counter :) It looked nice in the beginning....but after a while it got annoying :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think that when (or indeed if) they bring it back, they should scrap the "fancy stuff" - i.e. the scanlines and the counter, and just combine 0.3 and 0.4 to show the character, with the weapons, next to the spawn point.

me and my friend concur that 0.4 is better... we didn't have much of an issue with the ping... but 0.4.1 does seem to run smoother..

but I have a question for the mta team...

why isn't the military helicopter in sync? I can shoot and fire missiles galore...but no damage to the other player...AND nothing appears to be happening on THEIR end (meaning they don't see the gunfire or missiles) can this easily be added or fixed? other than that, great job! the aiming seems to be much better, too.

try this;

1) open the all seeing eye

2) go to tools>games>

3)find mta

4)run an autosearch for the mta.config file

5) you will see possibly 2 or 3 files

6) select the one that is for 0.4.1

7)refresh the server list

8)make sure that "others" on the mta filter is selected

9)choose a 0.4.1 server and connect

drastically reduce bandwidth and increase stability (although, crashes still exist).

NO, you didn't

So, you're saying that MTA spent their time making 0.4.1 and it doesnt work like they said? Heh, I could flame you so badly right now, but I won't. 0.4.1 is MUCH more stable and doesn't crash every 2 spawns. What I did notice though is that when you're on a big server with people you don't know, it crashes a lot more (probably because some major dumbass has some mods running and causes instability, but he doesn't go to his map mods or whatever, so we can't tell he's cheating) On the official 10 player and the FMJ server, I barely crash, because the cheaters are kept out, and the server is kept stable. And by the way sBn, you don't have any right to come in here and say MTA didn't fix a damn thing in 0.4.1. Anyone else want to add something in?

drastically reduce bandwidth and increase stability (although, crashes still exist).

NO, you didn't

Well... if that's your complaint, please give a detailed description of the problem (plus your system specs) so that they can fix it. How are they supposed to sort problems out if you don't say what they are?

NO, you didn't

Well... if that's your complaint, please give a detailed description of the problem (plus your system specs) so that they can fix it. How are they supposed to sort problems out if you don't say what they are?

I get a problem with the same amount of crashes as before. I've posted an explanation but I've had no reply from the MTA team.

well, basically it's the same as 0.4 without the scanlines and all that fancy crap. It looks to me that they haven't done dick about the high pings. i'm pretty sure that it isn't a prob. here because i've installed VC and MTA several times and removed ALL files that has to do with MTA without it helping.

I don't know any other game that had a "cheat version", so why should MTA have one?

Because people think just because MTA does what they want and they sometimes take suggestions, that they can ask them whatever they want even though its been suggested before, and they think that their suggestion will come true. I can bet you we only see about 0-2 more posts from this guy and then he will never come here again.