broken katana?

since installing MTA 0.4 i've noticed that my katana in single player doesn't function as well as it's supposed to. I can no longer chop people's heads off or stab them in the chest, merely slash at them. Could this be some after effect of MTA 0.4? The single player game seems to be a little slower too, which is odd, only in loading up a game or certain scenes... I cant figure any of it out but i miss choppin and stabbin at people.

Any thoughts?

I think 0.4 edits weapon.dat, try getting an original weapon.dat and trying that. That won't be your slow down problem but it could be the cause of your other problem.

eAi

Does 0.4 Edit like . the game "for ever" like . even when mta inst open?

It backs up the file, and then restores it when it's finished. However, what happens if MTA crashes?

I think 0.4 edits weapon.dat, try getting an original weapon.dat and trying that. That won't be your slow down problem but it could be the cause of your other problem.

eAi

Does 0.4 Edit like . the game "for ever" like . even when mta inst open?

It backs up the file, and then restores it when it's finished. However, what happens if MTA crashes?

never seen such things and havent seen mta0.4 crashing only vc is crashing

MTA had problems connecting or something and i think gta crashed... anyway i saw a message saying weapon.dat or weapon.original caould not be replaced as it didnt exist, though it did... it reminded me that i'd seen that before early after i started using 0.4

I will try replacing that file with my original later tongiht and edit this post to say if it fixes it or not. :) eAi you're on the right track. I had a peek at the mta version of my weapon file and the katana's animation is different, i'm guessing you couldnt let people chop other's heads off or stab them in the chest as these are one-hit kills... though the chainsaw is too right? :/

I had a peek at the mta version of my weapon file and the katana's animation is different, i'm guessing you couldnt let people chop other's heads off or stab them in the chest as these are one-hit kills... though the chainsaw is too right? :/

Quite simply I edited the animations of the bladed weapons to allow them to work, as we can succesfully sync the ones now used, whereas we could not sync the standard ones. Although it means a slightly less stylish set of Katana moves it DOES mean you get to play with 3 new melee weapons. note: The damage is not edited. :)