MTA 1.4 Refuses to work

CITCherry

Question

Good evening,

I apologize that my first post here is a topic where I seek for help. But MTA 1.4 just refuses to work so I have no other option as coming here.

MTA 1.4 used to work just fine for me till today. Whenever I start it it says:

Error [CL03]

Multi Theft Auto has not been installed properly, please reinstall. [Date directory not present]

Of course I reinstalled it. I actually did that several times. Not only have I tried the latest full install, but I also tried earlier versions. And the weird part is, MTA 1.3.5 works just fine. My fellow staff members recommended me to uninstall 1.3.5 as well and reinstall it and I did. But, it didn't work. I also tried installing 1.4 in a different place instead of in my Program Files (x86) but that too didn't work (I tried it in the GTA file itself and there was no change). I even reinstalled my GTA SA as I thought that "[Date directory not present]" might refer to that but it too didn't work.

It's essential for me to have a functioning 1.4 as the server I play on solely uses 1.4

Additional information that might be useful:

MTA 1.4 gets installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.4

MTA 1.3.5 gets installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3

My GTA SA gets installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

And I've had this specific GTA for over 3 years and it has always worked fine. Till I didn't use the computer for about a week. I checked everything when I install it but it's supposed to work. I seriously have no idea why my 1.3.5 runs fine while my 1.4 doesn't.

Much love,

Cherry

5 answers to this question

I've been trying but it simply refuses to let me remove it!

You need permission to perform this action

You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder

But, I am. http://puu.sh/ar6aV/793d864deb.jpg

Right Click on the folder (or file) you want to alter, select Properties>Security> Edit. Then under Permissions give yourself Full Control, then click OK. Now go back and perform the task you wanted and there would be no more annoying messages!

Outcome: http://puu.sh/ar55w/8f2a2f747e.jpg

"Access is denied"

download this

http://www.askvg.com/add-take-ownership ... ows-vista/

install it real quick

right click the file you want to delete

'Take ownership'

and it should work

Access is denied.

fuck

wow

D:

your PC ass raped cherry :D are you logged in as guest or wut

i gtg good luck

tnx :P

I have no idea what to do next :o

Update

FI-NA-LLY!

So, to fix this problem I completely uninstalled MTA 1.4 (also deleted the file at Program Files x86) and I uninstalled GTA SA 1.0

I went to here

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts

And then I clicked "Change User Account Control settings" and I set the bar to low "Never notify", then I restarted my computer

bed2879ea7.jpg

After this I could delete the file I had to delete. I reinstalled GTA and then MTA 1.4 and went back to the previous step to set it back to "Default" since it's safer!

Thank you for your help, the topic may be locked and I hope that what's written above might help others in the future.