mta makes my modem faster :P

I have your average 56k modem, and when playing MTA I've noticed a huge amount of transfer... that's fine and there's no problems or anything, but i worked out that my modem is recieving almost 1MB per minute while playing. That's about 17k/sec :D Now how can i make my modem go like that ALL the time? :) And how come my ping still sucks more than a ...sucky thing? :P

Just thought it was funny, mods can delete this if they feel it's of no value.

My questions weren't too serious... also the most a 56k modem gets usually, when like downloading an image or a file, is 5 or 6kb/sec if you're lucky... more often it's a measly 4... so getting a 3 fold increase is kinda special... i found it funny more than anything else, i'll leave the science to someone more qualified :P

My questions weren't too serious... also the most a 56k modem gets usually, when like downloading an image or a file, is 5 or 6kb/sec if you're lucky... more often it's a measly 4... so getting a 3 fold increase is kinda special... i found it funny more than anything else, i'll leave the science to someone more qualified :P

thats cause of ur downloadsing the picture from a slow server or something . and in mta u join the lowest ping server .so .. yes it will transfer faster ..

Yep, theres no way a program can make your modem faster (unless its a cable modem and you uncap it). If it says its downloading more, its because of windows. Windows notices that you are downloading something, so it shows the download rate higher until it can catch up to where you have downloaded.

Hehe... okay i'm not saying mta acutally makes my modem faster... but somehow the transfer rate increases dramatically. It's not windows 'catching up' though, because my isp disconnects me every 2 hours, what you're saying is kinda contradictory in this respect because... the rate is something i've worked out, using the amount of data that i've received and the time i've been online. Windows has nothing to catch up on :)

I dont want to get too serious about this, it's a light-hearted thread, but also a true observation :)