DOOM 3

pitbull

I 'aquired' a copy of Doom 3 - and oh man is it bad ass. I love the lighting effects, they are done so well. I'm waiting for Half-Life 2, thought. I played the leak of it and its much cooler than Doom 3 - and it was just an Alpha version. Trust me - Half-Life 2 will be the shit.

Phew this game gets creepy, the thing about Doom 3 is they can come out of ANYWHERE and I mean ANYWHERE (say, the strange flying skull heads that can pass through walls and make an eerie sound but do not hurt you for some odd reason), not like the old Dooms where you just had to look out for sliding walls and a few doors.

Theres lots of stuff you're not going to be able to prepare yourself for, trust me :) For instance I've already gone through 2 movies that just LUNGE at you all the sudden with loud noise and scary stuff... oh and be prepared to enter dark rooms with blood trails at the entrance inviting you in, or perfectly lit rooms going completely dark and monsters popping out of everywhere to eat you alive. Get used to using the flash light, because you can't shoot with it out ;).

Few minor scare spoilers (quote message and look at preview post to see):

Coolest things I have seen so far are monsters coming out of vents, breaking through staircases, and going up to a dead man on a control panel (to get the key) and then having him spring to life. Scary as hell, they put triggers at certain spots so you might get the scare of a lifetime.

As of now I have saved at the beginning of level 3 (going up the elevator back at command central)

okay i think that i now know why i cant play this game for more than an hour:

because it isnt FUN. it is SCARY AS HELL. :twisted:

seriously.. its not fun for me to play this game BECAUSE its too scary. it is scarier than any movie i have ever seen and obviously any game ive ever played. the sounds, the monsters popping out, the whispers, the voices, the evil laughs..... it is all just to much :shock:.

and there is SO MUCH gore on the current level that im on, that the game isnt enjoyable, its just plain sick. there are places with bodies and body parts littered all over the place. it just makes you think, WTF happened in here?

not that any of this is a bad thing. :twisted:

okay i think that i now know why i cant play this game for more than an hour:

because it isnt FUN. it is SCARY AS HELL. :twisted:

seriously.. its not fun for me to play this game BECAUSE its too scary. it is scarier than any movie i have ever seen and obviously any game ive ever played. the sounds, the monsters popping out, the whispers, the voices, the evil laughs..... it is all just to much :shock:.

and there is SO MUCH gore on the current level that im on, that the game isnt enjoyable, its just plain sick. there are places with bodies and body parts littered all over the place. it just makes you think, WTF happened in here?

not that any of this is a bad thing. :twisted:

lol great I think thats where I'm going next :roll:

Well if it gets too scary just turn on a trainer and get the big guns out :P

you dont need a trainer, you just need the console :wink:. i definately want to play this game fairly though, the way it was meant to be played.

i was thinking of maybe turning on the TV or turning on the lights to reduce the scariness.. but i thought nahh, thats not how its should be played :P.

I would play without lights on but... this is getting pretty crazy lol... today I just got to level 5 and saved. The last level was... well freaky. People with their faces scooped out and body parts spread around are becoming frequent. Also, the spooky voices the employees are always talking about, well you are gonna start hearing them. :shock:

I don't know what this "soul cube" thing is in the weapons controls menu, but that thing sounds kewl.