DOOM 3

pitbull

me too

ok, for all you people who want to know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minimum System Requirements:

· English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP

· Pentium® 4 1.5 GHz or Athlon XP 1500+ processor

· 384MB RAM

· 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers

· 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® swap file)

· 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers

· 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers

· DirectX® 9.0b (included)

· 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers.

o ATI® Radeon 8500

o ATI® Radeon 9000

o ATI® Radeon 9200

o ATI® Radeon 9500

o ATI® Radeon 9600

o ATI® Radeon 9700

o ATI® Radeon 9800

o All Nvidia® GeForce 3/Ti series

o All Nvidia® GeForce 4MX series

o All Nvidia® GeForce 4/Ti series

o All Nvidia® GeForce FX series

o Nvidia® GeForce 6800 series

Multiplayer Requirements:

· Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported

· Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers

· LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that measn that you can't play it with an ati radeon x800? that sux =/

Yeah, you can. But it won't play as well as a GeForce 6800 because id Software are in league with Nvidia.

Btw, John = John Carmack, lead programmer of id Software and worldwide nerd rolemodel. Great guy.

Also, if you're not sure whether to buy it or not, Telefragged has the first online review:

http://www.telefragged.com/reviews/doom3/

Edited by Guest

the reason nvidia runs better on d00m3 is because its OPENGL code stuff is updated. ATI hasnt updated their OPENGL code for awhile since hardly ne games used opengl that were good games......but now ATI is willing to release an update just for doom3. it will have its OPENGL code updated and stuff.....im sure ATI can surpass Nvidia on the long run withbetter performance on doom3. ATI just needs to get their shit together. BTW i hope i get my copy tomorrow! :twisted: me and my AA:O clan are expanding into Doom3 multiplayer(btw its no longer on 4player multiplayer. there r servers now that support up to 16players now). also, we have TWL competitions.

this game is just brilliant, also way too scary for me... :o

i can only play it for an hour max for some reason. i dare someone to turn it on at night, lights out, sound up, and play it for a couple of hours straight :twisted:.

the game can get a bit repetitive at times though... you walk into the middle of a room, monsters spawn around you, you kill them, go into the next room, rinse, wash, and repeat. other than that it has lots of very original parts that are scary as hell that i dont wanna mention cause they're spoilers :D.

what level is everyone on? im on Communications Transfer. it seems to get scarier with every level.

PS: does anyone know who the hell those two guys are that you keep catching up to? the guy with sunglasses and his bodygaurd??

they seem to be military guys, so does the sunglasses guy have a higher rank than Sgt. Kelly? dont tell me anything i wouldnt know from playing up to Enpro level though.

PS2: does anyone with a non-DX9-compatible video card have trouble seeing the place light up when you fire weapons in the dark? when i fire a weapon it emits no light onto the environment whatsoever, i have a Ti-4200.