Oops sorry then , didnt see that part.

anyways i doubt that bump ever mentioned that gta3 will also be gettign careers , gta3 handles skins very differently then vc does so thats why it doesn have it i doubt it ever will.

yes yes the old version of gta3 had 2 skins , but one of them was buggy.

JESUS!!! are you f*cking serious....lol

you cant?

i need to code GTA3 scm, and get to the bottom of this! lol

yes u can code a char selection for gta3 as ggm have done....

But the thing is, they can't display text on the char select unless they get out of the movie mode (with the bars at top/bottom)

I dont really see the relevance of that Posty, presumably your talkign about ggm? Lets keep it on topic :)

As we have to keep stressing, gta3mta is NOT simply mtavc in new (old) clothes, its an entirely new game and you shouldn't expect anything in gta3mta to appear in mtavc, or vice verca. i.e. Just because mtavc uses careers with fixed spawns this doesnt mean gta3mta will.

GTA3's engine is seriously limited compared to VC, you'll notice the blue/disco bugs those are caused by straining the engine (type GIVEUSATANK about 60 times and you'll see that). also there are limitations with the number of other types of items we can create. loading actors w/ different skins takes up more memory and strains the engine more..

this is the reason everyone has the same skin, and one of the several reasons we limited gameplay to 1 island.

Kent

okay, so thats why theres no char selection, but heres an idea:

how about 2 different skins?

1-default gta guy (that's you)

2- some other skin (everyone else)

just like in americas army where they show the enemy as the terrorists, no matter which side you are on, you could do this in mta so you see yourself as the gta guy, but everyone else as, say, mafia.

so multiple characters chokes the engine....how about 2?

okay, so thats why theres no char selection, but heres an idea:

how about 2 different skins?

1-default gta guy (that's you)

2- some other skin (everyone else)

just like in americas army where they show the enemy as the terrorists, no matter which side you are on, you could do this in mta so you see yourself as the gta guy, but everyone else as, say, mafia.

so multiple characters chokes the engine....how about 2?

Why 2 skins? Theres no point in adding any skins. You want an even bigger chance of disco skies? xD