Just Played .4 on Vice City

I just finished playing the new release with a large group of buddies at my store http://www.ricecs.com/store3.jpg . we had ~15 people on the server, which was hosted locally over the LAN. I didn't bother to test it before the game started, and I was a little worried, while reading through the forums hearing about all of the supposed crashing. But after ~6 hours of playing we had NO and I repeat NO errors, freezeups or anything related to the game. Not sure if it matters, but all of the systems are on 1.1. would it matter if some players on the server were 1.0 and others 1.1?

In fact while running it locally i looked at the server and was checking for ping, and they were definitely running lower than the previous release. (unless a bunch of users were in the same area, no one spiked over 10-15. Granted we have a local Gigabit LAN, but we used to easily see 30-40 with that many over teh same connection.

We only had one person lose connection during the whole 6 hours and that was because AIM interrupted his game because he didn't use an away message, and he forgot about his MTA game *DUMBASS*. None the less, after the 6 hours, the only bugs, i think i have to report are:

:arrow: When you select the secret service for example, you will/might see yourself as tommy vercetti, and if you are facing someone they will see the secret service, and vice versa, I can now see their character they chose whily they are viewing through another.

:arrow: The shooting is 100% improved, and if it seems possible, the only time i seem to notice it "missing" the character when aiming 2 feet away is when you are right near a building. again if that makes any sense.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK THE MAKERS AND TEAM OF MTAVC FOR ALL OF THE WORK THEY HAVE PUT INTO THIS. I TRY NOT TO BE A "TYPICAL" COMPLAINER, SINCE I HONESTLY KNOW I COULD NOT NEARLY DO AS WELL IF I NEEDED TO.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO FUTURE RELEASES.

Thanks for the positive review!

We do dump a lot of time into this, and it is great to see that you guys had a lot of fun playing. Hopefully future versions will yield a greater playing experience and will be a lot more stable in all versions, over the Internet or LAN.

Thanks again!