How big do you think the community of MTA will be?

You're right Zantei, I didn't mean to imply I can't take criticism. What I meant to say was: if all or most posts would become somewhat negative, I would soon think 'where the hell am I doing it for?' I'm not asking for fanmail or anything, don't get me wrong, I just would like to keep the enthusiasm alive. Which seems to be quite hard lately. You know, people posting things we can actually use to create a better mod, instead of how to behave toward other people; its (completely) irrelevant for the mod itself. Ofcourse, there are enough people who do post constructive ideas about gameplay or gametypes, and they always make me smile. Threads like these do not, but it would be ignorant of me to avoid them completely.

You know, people posting things we can actually use to create a better mod, instead of how to behave toward other people;

You're perfectly right, I know I sound like a know it all but rest assured my intentions are pure. I haven't left any feedback relating directly to the gameplay mechanics, very odd for me. Given time I'll post my contribution but I want to take this opportunity to apologize for being so presumptuous in my dialogue. It's driven by me being a witness to many a community relations tragedy and really wanting to offer some constructive criticism that won't be overlooked. The team, including yourself, are very unique in that sense, you do accept criticism from your members and won't refute arguments without applying immaculate reasoning beforehand.

However, I do think it very important that the members should be encouraged to post ideas without fear of being chastised by the minority of bad moderators and various forum goers.

Thanks from me for your time and work.

-Zantei

MrBill, you close threads in an endeavour to keep the peace but the way you closed some of yours negates the entire concept of moderating...

correction zantei as you SO foundly enjoy brigning up (you just cant take it, can you? THAT I WAS A MOD!! BAHHAHAHAHAHA!!) (ignore that last part) but you should of say you USED to CLOSE threads... in a something erother something blah blah blah I dont care any I dont got a mod so BAH

(techincally this isn't spam, its responding to an earlier post and if you delete this you might as well get ride of the ps2 theory thread as well)

As for this forum community, it will die, it's doomed to a complete change of theme after the release of the "finished product". The people who post during the development of a title make up the minority of the player-base after release but are also the most enthusiatic about it.

It's fantastic that you've allowed the community in on the development of MTA but be ready for a fluctuation in the mood at different stages ;) These people feel strongly for the mod and so they believe fiercely in what they say.

You're right Zantei, I didn't mean to imply I can't take criticism. What I meant to say was: if all or most posts would become somewhat negative, I would soon think 'where the hell am I doing it for?' I'm not asking for fanmail or anything, don't get me wrong, I just would like to keep the enthusiasm alive. Which seems to be quite hard lately. You know, people posting things we can actually use to create a better mod, instead of how to behave toward other people; its (completely) irrelevant for the mod itself. Ofcourse, there are enough people who do post constructive ideas about gameplay or gametypes, and they always make me smile. Threads like these do not, but it would be ignorant of me to avoid them completely.

:shock: this is whats happening in the Deathball community right now (a UT2 mod). its in a very touchy spot that will determine how long it lives. DavidM (the main creator) has been constantly tweaking and adding things, with the community always right there since the beginning. i am one of the firsts, having created one of the original 4 north american teams. we all became good friends and greatly enjoyed the games and the organized matches we wanted so bad. everyone had ideas and ways to improve and grow the game.

now, 6 months later, there has been a sort of 'nostalgia backlash'. many people are craving the old school DB where it was just simple fun, without so many features complicating the game AND peoples opinions complicating its direction.

there is even talk of making a 2nd play type, a 'faster, easier' mode, and a 'purist' mode (the mod is mostly based on soccer/football). it is a very touchy thing. at the same time it could bring more ppl in, it could also destroy the mod and community.

We are not angry, just a little disappointed in some reactions people post here. Generally people's expectations about our mod are too high. We are 'just' some people who have a common hobby: modding gta3. We are not some commercial company from whom you can demand things

Oh don't get me wrong, the day I read "You developers are f*ckfaces for not releasing on your release date" I almost vomited.

That CRAP needs to be deleted and those forum members should be banned. On the other hand "Question answered, thread locked" leaves no room for discussion.

One of the threads I linked towas an obviously stupid idea. This person wanted the gunsgunsguns cheat to remain in MTA. I am sure 90% of the community here would disagree with his idea, but the discussion would give us something to do while we wait for 0.3.

Also, I don't think its a great big deal that people don't scoure the forums before posting a question. Every community has at least one person that doesn't mind answering a question 10000 times. Let these people do that. Its just as easy to give an answer as it is to say "use the search function" and it makes the community seem SOOOO much more friendly.

Also, taking the time to type out entire words would make it seem alot more professional.

Friendlyness and Professionality are likly the to biggest things that will set us apart from the other MTA style mods.

Anyway, I think I'll drop this whole arguement, its obviously off topic and good points have been made all around. If someone wishes to hear my verbal diearrea on this furter we can either start a new topic or you can PM/Email/IM me.

NOTE: I worked out side all day before posting this so I am pretty tired. This post probably wasn't good wordedly.

correction zantei as you SO foundly enjoy brigning up (you just cant take it, can you? THAT I WAS A MOD!!

It doesn't bother me in that sense MrBill, I was given the opportunity to become a moderator but I declined. I'll admit that I'm very shocked you ever became a moderator, it's done nothing but harm for the community. You seem to think you can justify your actions in the name of fun which only goes to show how immature you are and the fact that you edit posts to instill tension after a thread is locked says even worst for your character. Maybe you don't realise the damage you've caused but the least you can do is make amends. You've driven away many potential posters and fans who were ready to take this forum seriously (you can see it from some of the reactions in this thread).

I think I deserve some credit for working out what you were trying to say just now. I'm going to stop making references to you as it only does more damage and makes my motives seem questionable.

Edit by Zantei : MrBill, both the dedication and energy you have in regards to this MOD is easily misinterpreted. It's clear you mean well but the only flaw you've ever had was a lack of tolerance which can reflect on people in a different light. I don't have any feelings of contempt for you. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that you don't realise the damage moderators can do when they become careless. When people come to a community like MTA, they do it with the utmost respect. They respect both the team and the moderators that hold it together but when, for lack of a better word, you piss on them, it can affect said party and readers very badly.

Now I'm apologizing to you for any grief I may have caused.

lol yeah i go to bed and cry when i read your post zantei ;)

no it dosn't bother me, its just that you continuasly bring it up

and on my part I'M SORRY TOO if I could, I would make a thread just for it, alas that is spam and the mods wouldn't have it so im sorry zantei, there, guess were equal now... right?