How big do you think the community of MTA will be?

I don't know waht it is right now because i don't have GTA3 for the basic fact that i got sick of it on PS2 and once you try VC you can't go back because VC gives you a more real feel.

I'm sure ill only play it with my friends on LAN because it will be hard to find a decent host to play and the only decent ones will be packed.

So i was wondering how big the community is now and what size you think the community will be when the updates come and VC and all that come out.(if you make it for VC).

Yeah the only way i will play this game is through VC. So hopefully R* doesnt go all gay and make that impossible to do. But VC seems more of the game that would be fun to play this on.

How many dedicated servers is MTA going to put up?

If this game gets to a community size of like 700 that would be decent but that is going to take alot of advertising and alot of work.

i think MTA .03 is going to make the community skyrocket. i was here since there was only about 20 ppl on the forums. also before the shiny new site. back then there was a new member every two days or so.. now every time i goto the forums... there like 10 new ppl. the only thing is,that i think mta should be BIG. when i was first on the fourms, in the afternoon, alot of times i would not get a responces until the next day, because of timezone differences.. my posts were often "2:00 am" when its more like "5 pm".. so a bigger community means more games 24hrz. ne ways those are my thots

I think that this game has the complete potential to be the best game of all time. I think the comunity is going to be big. Very Very big.

A couple things that I think are key are:

1.) New, professional maps. Smaller

2.) Classic missions (CTF, assassination, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and mayb hosties.)

3.) Some form of score keeping, and of course...

4.) A match league and gametype

instead of new maps, its easy to close off areas on liberty city etc, place the odd bulding where a road should be etc =)

just look at 'large' maps like aztec, italy, backalley, assault, milita, estate etc... they are tiny compared to say, half of portland =)

0.3b will either make or break the community. if it's buggy, no one will play it after the first couple of weeks.

if it rocks, then there's no reason it can't be bigger than the q2 community (which by the way is still going pretty damn strong for the age of the game)

i'm betting that rockstar is going to make the next gta a little more mod friendly after seeing all the great stuff coming out for gta3.

I think these forums will make or break the community. When someone logs on here and says, "Wow! This mod is awesome! You guys are gods!" and their topic is locked, I think they will switch to gcm or what ever.

Personally, and only in my humble opinion, these forums are awful :( . It’s as if the mods are such nazis that they feel any message that is not 100% on topic is spam. However, topics that have been dead for days still reside on the front page, and I believe this forum could use a little "spam" if for nothing then to keep board anxious minds active.

Professionalism is another issue, believe it or not. And not taking the time to type out the word "you" rather then just putting "u" shows nothing but pure laziness.

Then again, you may not care what audience you appeal to most. Personally, if I made a mod I would want to have my community be mature and professional.

Just my two cents, take it however you want.

Those examples do seem harsh I admit. Given the lack of new information it's only natural for forum members to discuss things that might seem somewhat repetitive or even rhetorical. Moderators shouldn't be looking for excuses to close topics, that's abuse of power, but looking for the ones that instill tension or fail to promote active discussion.

Deleting topics ceaselessly in the name of keeping the peace is all very well but the peace we have in mind is the discouragement of hostile posts and not the peace that comes with people not bothering to post anything for fear of being chastised.

looks like someone likes power.

but anyways, i think the community will grow MUCH larger in the next few days/weeks if VC is able to be MPed.

if not, then i'd say a max of... 300... and i have no idea what im basing that on.

now the reason ive locked threads is that ive been told that multiple threads are not required.

If a thread is old enough, and another one starts up, ill let it slide, otherwise people should just read the topic headers etc.

Some of them were just lame questions that are answered in the faq.... Im not deleting them, the question is answered, and they have a couple of days to read it before it slips into the second page of the forum (even then its still readable).

the community is growing but there is nothing to get here!

The people behind MTA is youst angry, irritating people.

they come with no solution

the community is growing but there is nothing to get here!

The people behind MTA is youst angry, irritating people.

they come with no solution

We are not angry, just a little disappointed in some reactions people post here. Generally people's expectations about our mod are too high. We are 'just' some people who have a common hobby: modding gta3. We are not some commercial company from whom you can demand things. I know we promised a release date way too early, and it was a mistake we will not soon repeat. I would like to add though, if posts like these keep being posted, why should I bother even reading the forum? Why should I bother reading your complaints and moaning about? It would take all the fun of modding away from it. Don't let it get to that, It would kill the mod.

I would like to add though, if posts like these keep being posted, why should I bother even reading the forum? Why should I bother reading your complaints and moaning about? It would take all the fun of modding away from it. Don't let it get to that, It would kill the mod.

:!:

You make it sound as though the only reason you have for forums is to hear praise. Maybe I misinterpreted everything you said but it sounds very much as though you've made the fans out to be something of a scapegoat for the general unrest that exists on these boards. This last paragraph seems to contradict your entire message.

As for this forum community, it will die, it's doomed to a complete change of theme after the release of the "finished product". The people who post during the development of a title make up the minority of the player-base after release but are also the most enthusiatic about it. If there's a problem it's a moderator's job to find out what it is and react accordingly.

It's fantastic that you've allowed the community in on the development of MTA but be ready for a fluctuation in the mood at different stages ;) These people feel strongly for the mod and so they believe fiercely in what they say.

Edit by Zantei:

The people behind MTA is youst angry, irritating people

One of them was but he's been dealt with. Thankfully the damage he did was not irreparable.

Well, i'll make a prediction for you, i think that, IF Vice City does not have multiplayer, and about 3 months after a solid MTA version is released, i could easily see 1000 players playing world-wide, GTA3 is one of the most popular PC games in a long time, so many people will come back to paly it for the multi-player...