Car killing.

Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

i would suggest to bring the m16 back, not the way you said trx but just a bit stronger to take cars out easier and maybe make it 10000$ in the shop.

and could you plz add grenades? it would be very useful to take cars out :o

M16 would be cool. I always wondered why they took nades and mollies out. Was there a syncing issue with them or something?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered why they took nades and mollies out. Was there a syncing issue with them or something?

Yea. The reason why M-16 was left out is because it's default damage is over the top for Multiplayer.

car killing in gta3 is almost needed right now

right now u start with a pistol

i cant name how many times i will be winning a pistol duel, and then my opponent will run away right at the end of it with 20 health and get away due to the fact that gta3 has basically no options for catching someone outside of using a car

u can use weapons but the only weapon u start out with is a pistol. not gonna do much good as it cant knock them down nor can it snipe

if u do catch them with a car and kill them then u dont get credit nor the cash

so unless u get some good weapons off a vet its basically luck of the draw torwards if u find someone with enuf balls to actually FINISH a fight

il play gta3 when u start off with at least some form of a long range weapon. these runners in gta3 are just rediculous

i actually dominate firefights in gta3 when its weapon to weapon, but the running people ruin the entire experience

There are some weapon pickups scattered, so you don't always have to start fighting with a pistol.

There are no Flamethrower or AK-47 Pickups though, would be too easy :P

There are some weapon pickups scattered, so you don't always have to start fighting with a pistol.

There are no Flamethrower or AK-47 Pickups though, would be too easy :P

Would be funny if you put an AK-47 pickup on the lighthouse island, I could see many people losing their lives trying to get it. :P

neh. i think they should find a way to sync the sniper rifle and put it in the lighthouse :P

on an other notice - yes, there are weapons scattared around, but there rare, and most parts of the island dont have weapon pickups at all. what i say is, put more weapon pickups; put less cars. dont remove a lot of cars (coz then will cause a vc no-car situation), but about 5. i bet there are some cars that are almost never used, or cars that are too close to each other.

put some weapon pickups around the island. that will encourage gunfight and it will laser the run-from-car to-car thing.

Yeah, you should remove the colt pickups as well. I mean, you spawn with a colt, so you don't need to pick one up, and if you fired enough bullets to run out, you'd most likely have killed someone by that time (or been killed), thereby not needing any more ammo for it.... if that makes sense.

If you did put a weapon in the lighthouse anyway, how would you get back when you had it? And if you put it in a well hidden place, but easily accessable, someone would find it sooner or later.

Anyway, I think we should get back to the original topic.... :arrow:

i cant name how many times i will be winning a pistol duel, and then my opponent will run away right at the end of it with 20 health and get away due to the fact that gta3 has basically no options for catching someone outside of using a car

u can use weapons but the only weapon u start out with is a pistol. not gonna do much good as it cant knock them down nor can it snipe

A pistol does just fine when chasing someone. It's acually easier to hit them when they are running away than when you are jumping all around each other. If you have some uzi, it's even easier.

The trick to enjoying GTA3 is not to think of it a VC with a different map. While you can have fun shotty wars in GTA3, the other lesser weapons play an important and useful role.

It's essential to be proficient with the pistol and uzi. Forget the other weapons are even in the game till you can reliably kill with those two. Once you do that (and jump out of the way of cars) you will have a fat wallet, heavy load of arms or both.

A pistol does just fine when chasing someone. It's acually easier to hit them when they are running away than when you are jumping all around each other. If you have some uzi, it's even easier.

The trick to enjoying GTA3 is not to think of it a VC with a different map. While you can have fun shotty wars in GTA3, the other lesser weapons play an important and useful role.

It's essential to be proficient with the pistol and uzi. Forget the other weapons are even in the game till you can reliably kill with those two. Once you do that (and jump out of the way of cars) you will have a fat wallet, heavy load of arms or both.

Yep, that's one of the main reasons I play GTA3 0.4 a lot. I need to practice with the aiming systems and the guns. The guns handle differently than the VC ones. The pistol in GTA3 seems easier to use than Vice's :P

Its not something we included deliberately KungFuGrip, It's the way gta3 treats cars impacting on a player, we have tried to alleviate it a little and discourage constant car killing by removing financial reward, but of course those that ONLY car kill dont have need for money. An alternative that may be possible, total immunity from being damaged by a car, would be even more 'unrealistic' and result in a worse situation i think.

Somethign I'm wondering about is changing the way we 'deal out' the vehicles. A long time was spent carefully placing all the vehicles to ensure no player would need to run far to get a vehicle, mostly due to the many moans of 'i have to run for MILES to find a car' from VC players. The drawback of course is it only takes a serial car killer a few seconds to jump into another one and resume the squishing. So perhaps clumping them together in more scattered areas would alleviate it a little, or at least give the shooters a sporting chance to reap revenge on the car killer that just lost his wheels. But of course then we shall have people bemoaning the lack of available vehicles around the city. Catch 22.

If you were going for realism you might place them all in parking lots instead of on the sidewalk. Most of the times I see a serial car kill hop directly in a new car it's one of the ones on the street. 30 extra seconds of chasing will usually result in a dead car killer.

Does the game know when someone car kills? Would it be possible to "take away the keys" for a certain ammount of time after they do it? Sort of like a suspended license for car killing :) That would be the ulitmate balance because it would allow car kills to be an important part of the game while discouraging serial car killing by forcing them to be the peds for awhile.

Does the game know when someone car kills? Would it be possible to "take away the keys" for a certain ammount of time after they do it? Sort of like a suspended license for car killing :) That would be the ulitmate balance because it would allow car kills to be an important part of the game while discouraging serial car killing by forcing them to be the peds for awhile.
Damn you nutz. That's gonna take away 40% of my fun in Gta3 :P

80% :lol:

that sounds great

i dont car kill much, but it is so funny wen u do. its a part of the game, and i like it bcuz its realistic. i personally prefer gta3 to vc. if u look out on ur radar u shud be ok, and go in small narrow paths if sum1 is tryin to run u over. and of course, u cant always look at the radar, and i do get run over now and again, and i dont get annoyed that much.

awww....i remember once. i wuz racing in the mta turismo, then my car tipped over. then i can remember the winner's words after the race:

"SWEET 5K!!!"

"now to the gunstore"

that wuz his mistake. i got a car, and waited by ammunation. wen he got out. BANG!!! he wuz no more. a free AK47.

"NO MY AK47!!!"

i was lmao, it wuz just so funny.

There are always ppl who come to a gta3 server just to run ppl over, nuthin else. but for that:

hardly ever get a frag for car killing, it just says they died. if u want to earn the kill, get out of ur car. also (correct me if i am wrong) u dont get nearly as much money wen u run sum1 over as u do wen u blow them away.

hell bump, i don't care about score or money, i care about how much bullets i have and how many people there are to fight :D

as far as nutz suggestion, i know it doesn't report the car killas as actual kills, but can an admin still see who's car killing? (mtama in particular), if yes, an mtama script would be easy.

as far as nutz suggestion, i know it doesn't report the car killas as actual kills, but can an admin still see who's car killing? (mtama in particular), if yes, an mtama script would be easy.

I think it's possible for a script to detect who MTA thinks is car killing, but often it reports the wrong person, so such a script would annoy a lot of people.

i'm fine with being killed by a car hell i give people warning usaully when i do just holding the horn it ruins the surprise but if the can't dodge with a warning they deserver to be killed

as long as you don't do it all the time it's okay

• 3 weeks later...

i registered here for this one purpose only. I've had Gta uninstalled for quite some time. (since mTA was the last thing to make vice city appelaing to me, i hated the horrid net code). Well when I elarned that this new MTA supports both version, i instaleld both again, and to my disappointment, VIce City's still blows(net code), however I like the idea of the different models, and the ability to leap from a moving vehicle. I was delighted to see GTA3:MTA gameplay as a HUGE improvement over Vice City's. Now onto my main point.

You're just a whiney little bitch if you complain about a 'car-kill' This game is VERY easy to dodge cars. My first time playing I was able to fend off 4 cars trying to run me down(eventually i ended up jacking one of them and riving to a nearby weapon shop, purchasing a flamethrower, when teh mahen truelly began, i had so much money i bought so many seconds of flame, when i died that same gun was passed through like 30 people). And in a 1v1 situation, it's impossible to get a car kill on someone who is even half conscious of the basic elements of GTA. Merely pressing jump will have you character auto-dodge, or bettwe yet you can manually contorl your jumps by pressing a direction. If you're not more than half-retarded, should should be able to dodge any car that flings it's way to you. IF your cant your either stupid or completely retarded, well, sorry, no, I dont want to diss those unlucky person by affiliating them with you stupid fucks who cant press the fucking jump key. If everyone would even think about when to dodge the cars, car-kills should be worth DOUBLE the points do to the ease of dodging.

So for those cryin 'nub, FUCK OFF.

btw during the car kilsl the poeple i played with, including myself were usually found saying 'lol' as we watched out bodied fly or werent paying attention and got run dwon from the back or were too busy typing and discussing a palcer to meet to have a 'gang' war of sort.