Car killing.

Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do what those Spanish guys do with bulls

thats the way to go.....

if anyone can kill me with a car than hes skilled

if someone calls me "car n00b" i just call him "jump n00b"

simple like that....

Exactly. People should learn to dodge cars as it IS one of the main aspects of the game. Learn to dodge it people ;)

=)

Carkilling in GTA3 is definitely they way it should be: instant death.

Therefore, the cars are very dangerous, and require immediate attention if you see one moving. So if you decide to have a gunfight in the middle of the road, you can expect to get run over within 20 secs, because multiple dots attract players, and they usually have a car.

There are usually enough obstacles nearby to use for cover of cars while youre duking out with another gunslinger. I guess it's a skill you develop, and I think that's what makes GTA3 more hardcore than VC.

I do agree that people who ONLY run over peeps are annoying, but they usually suck at gunfights, so chase them, take out their car, and kill em.(over and over) =)

Game on!

=)

Carkilling in GTA3 is definitely they way it should be: instant death.

Therefore, the cars are very dangerous, and require immediate attention if you see one moving. So if you decide to have a gunfight in the middle of the road, you can expect to get run over within 20 secs, because multiple dots attract players, and they usually have a car.

There are usually enough obstacles nearby to use for cover of cars while youre duking out with another gunslinger. I guess it's a skill you develop, and I think that's what makes GTA3 more hardcore than VC.

I do agree that people who ONLY run over peeps are annoying, but they usually suck at gunfights, so chase them, take out their car, and kill em.(over and over) =)

Game on!

That was exactly my attitude toward Helikills in Vice City. I already said what I feel makes this different.

Well VCES always kicked for Helikills and it was a nice alternative to the madness in the partyserver. Now the PartyServer LC will be somewhere that ppl can go for less of the constant car noobing. As an alternative I guess. For me it's just too much hard work to lose too easily in Liberty City after you are on a roll.

I am good at avoiding cars but these can just clip your feet and kill you. It seems unlikely to change since the team likes it that way so we will adjust as much as possible and then let the admin do the rest.

Its not something we included deliberately KungFuGrip, It's the way gta3 treats cars impacting on a player, we have tried to alleviate it a little and discourage constant car killing by removing financial reward, but of course those that ONLY car kill dont have need for money. An alternative that may be possible, total immunity from being damaged by a car, would be even more 'unrealistic' and result in a worse situation i think.

Somethign I'm wondering about is changing the way we 'deal out' the vehicles. A long time was spent carefully placing all the vehicles to ensure no player would need to run far to get a vehicle, mostly due to the many moans of 'i have to run for MILES to find a car' from VC players. The drawback of course is it only takes a serial car killer a few seconds to jump into another one and resume the squishing. So perhaps clumping them together in more scattered areas would alleviate it a little, or at least give the shooters a sporting chance to reap revenge on the car killer that just lost his wheels. But of course then we shall have people bemoaning the lack of available vehicles around the city. Catch 22.

Its not something we included deliberately KungFuGrip, It's the way gta3 treats cars impacting on a player, we have tried to alleviate it a little and discourage constant car killing by removing financial reward, but of course those that ONLY car kill dont have need for money. An alternative that may be possible, total immunity from being damaged by a car, would be even more 'unrealistic' and result in a worse situation i think.

Somethign I'm wondering about is changing the way we 'deal out' the vehicles. A long time was spent carefully placing all the vehicles to ensure no player would need to run far to get a vehicle, mostly due to the many moans of 'i have to run for MILES to find a car' from VC players. The drawback of course is it only takes a serial car killer a few seconds to jump into another one and resume the squishing. So perhaps clumping them together in more scattered areas would alleviate it a little, or at least give the shooters a sporting chance to reap revenge on the car killer that just lost his wheels. But of course then we shall have people bemoaning the lack of available vehicles around the city. Catch 22.

I would be one of those complaining about lack of cars. It is good that you took away the money and credit from the car killer but like was said above. Some people just want you dead and don't care who gets the credit or they do it to get weapons in a hurry.

The version is great... The addition of money to earn weapons is a nice innovation and it's worth a bug or two involving cars.

If it was possible to determine who did the car kill then scripts could be written to slap them from admin or even slap them to death.

Some people seem to like it how it is... I think we can just try and police this at the admin level for the servers that don't want endless carkills. I guess zero damage for car kills would be just as bad but it would force more gun action.

I gather that the car kills are an all or nothing thing.

I would rather deal with this issue than not have this version for sure.

well, i found a good tactic against car noobs (the ones that run from car to car): chase them to their car (it takes them time to get it) and when they start their getting-in-the-car-animation (why wasnt that synced again?) just get into their car, and if done right they just start hitting the gas when you jack their car. so the car is yours and the car noob is above you, let the car drive just a bit more (without applying gas) and right after that hit reverse. there gonna be hit by some part of the car and most of the time die. if not, just wait for them to be in the front part of the car and apply gas. repeat that 'till success. works most of the time.

have fun f*cking the noobs in their own game :)

So you suggest th answer to persistant car killers is to give in and become one yourself? No thankyou.

My current response is to grab the fire engine and kill the car killers car. Very satisfying, and of course the car killers dont want the fire engine as it isnt maneuverable enough to run people over with.

It does level the playing field some. It is really only worth using when the person you are fighting against has a strong weapon and you don't. Running over them kills them and reduces them to a pistol again, making it much easier to kill them on foot. So being in a car gives you better chances against a flamethrower or an AK-47 if all you have is a pistol. Of course, everyone is correct; you can run into serial car killers. The MTA Team will probably figure out how to get the other islands to work, and when this happens the enormous amount of space that players will have to roam around in may solve the problem.

The playing field is even already thou

The guy with the flamethower earned it and he deserves to be stonger until he is killed fairly. You can pickup a shotty and creep up on him if you like and kill him

If car kills were as hard as in VC it wouldn't be this big of an issue. The LC map gives you plenty of ways to hide from someone with better firepower

I don't normally contradict one of the programmers, this is their baby afterall, but as I said before this doesn't work... The above strategy is completely useless against the car n00bs. You can blow up every car on the map and they'll run to the next.. You'll run out of ammo before they run out of cars. In a morbid experiment of self abuse, I tested this theory... I was chasing the guy from car to car for 15 minutes...

The suggested tactic doesn't work against them, I don't know what the solution is because it winds up boiling down to the integrity and decency of the player. Integrity and Decency are in rare supply on GTA III servers. I see more script-driven admin-slaps then I see regular conversation in any given day on the Official (Which is pretty much the only place I play GTA III regularly, and that's become tedious now).

It's the GTA III Engine that causes this problem I belive, and you might not have a solution available, but that doesn't mean I have to say "It's ok, carkill me over and over again"

I find carkillers not only suck at gunfighting, but often at judging the width of their vehicle. I find if you find a narrow stairway to stand in, they'll attempt to ram you and just damage their car, and give you enough time to finish it with a shotgun shell, leaving you the chance to gun them down with any other gun, just gotta conserve the ammo for them.

I wish I could say this was successful when I tried it, but as I was shooting the escapee, I um... got ran over from behind. :oops:

Well I voted yes because the "instant kill" is realy cheap. Also u don't even get the score when u kill them with a car the last person to shoot him doese.So yes is what i say also it is if u suck i at kiling with a gun u kill with your car this isn't Twisted Metal.

i vote no if you dont like it leave its just part of the game and its not at all hard to dodge i think the ppl callen ppl noobs for car killing are noobs i mean i ve found a glitch in gta 3 when my gun doesnt work so wtf am i supsost to do i dont think its noobish its easy to dodge even helikilling in vc i aggree not

I really HATE car-killing in GTA3. Thats why i voted yes. I think car-killers are afraid to get out of their car because they are scared to die. I dont hate people who get out of their car and shoot some bullets then finish me off with a car much, but going around Portland in a car, killing people is really n00bish. Oh yea, i can dodge a car, but sometimes LAG takes over. You know what i mean? So i answered Yes.

Glad someone Mentioned the Heli-Kills. I'm a Fan of Dropping a Chopper down in VC, and I honestly have not played GTA3 MTA since version 0.2 or so.

From what I have Read, The Current Car Clip = Death sounds reasonable. Always remeber if you are in a gunfight in the Middle of the Street, Someone would rather hit you with a Car then get out and make a scene (Ease based) So check yer Neck.

Best Bet for keeping Serial Clippers down would probally be Admin Intervention (Easiest). Or Perhaps a Vote Based Kick/Ban System (more work).

And Please, Bring Back the Golf Cart/Club to Vice City :D

Excellent article on PlanetGTA.

I'mma let you peeps in on a little secret: The reason why I like the car being able to kill so easily comes from my love for GTA1 Multiplayer. And as GTA3 is like a tribute to GTA1 for me, I wanted to recreate the multiplayer feel of GTA1 in GTA3. For those who've never played GTA1 MP, you basically have 3 weapons: Uzi, Rocket Launcher and a Car. (Pistol and flamethrower were hardly used by anyone) One bullet from the Uzi would kill you unless you picked up an armor which gave you 3 armor points. Usually it didn't matter much if you had armor, because of the Rate of Fire from the Uzi or the radius from the missile blast. So you were vulnerable when on foot, but also when in a vehicle. One well placed missile would take out your opponents vehicle, leaving a smoldering wreckage coming (usually) right at you, which you had to dodge :shock: . This is the main difference between GTA1 MP and GTA3 MP: A weapon that is as dangerous to cars as cars are to the weapon wielder. However, we're not able to use weapons that require aiming to work (Sniper, Rocket Launcher) so missiles aren't possible yet. :x

What we can do, is modify the M-16 to have the properties of a missile launcher (and look like one) but without firing missles, just big damage bullets. (with vastly decreased rate of fire, of course) The problem with this is that it would probably be used for killing people on foot rather than in vehicles.

Post your ideas/suggestions please :?

Excellent article on PlanetGTA.

I'mma let you peeps in on a little secret: The reason why I like the car being able to kill so easily comes from my love for GTA1 Multiplayer. And as GTA3 is like a tribute to GTA1 for me, I wanted to recreate the multiplayer feel of GTA1 in GTA3. For those who've never played GTA1 MP, you basically have 3 weapons: Uzi, Rocket Launcher and a Car. (Pistol and flamethrower were hardly used by anyone) One bullet from the Uzi would kill you unless you picked up an armor which gave you 3 armor points. Usually it didn't matter much if you had armor, because of the Rate of Fire from the Uzi or the radius from the missile blast. So you were vulnerable when on foot, but also when in a vehicle. One well placed missile would take out your opponents vehicle, leaving a smoldering wreckage coming (usually) right at you, which you had to dodge :shock: . This is the main difference between GTA1 MP and GTA3 MP: A weapon that is as dangerous to cars as cars are to the weapon wielder. However, we're not able to use weapons that require aiming to work (Sniper, Rocket Launcher) so missiles aren't possible yet. :x

What we can do, is modify the M-16 to have the properties of a missile launcher (and look like one) but without firing missles, just big damage bullets. (with vastly decreased rate of fire, of course) The problem with this is that it would probably be used for killing people on foot rather than in vehicles.

Post your ideas/suggestions please :?

Well they would be used for regular combat for sure and not just cars. I don't know if that's good or bad... Upping the damage on the AK would be good and I think flamethower takes cars out pretty well too.

I think all the arguments and problems with car killing stem from people (me included) trying to make GTA3 into a LC version of the MTAVC we know and love. The problem is that it's a different game not just a different city. We let it all hang out in the PartyServer yesterday and if you played like you would in VC you were roadkill. If you adjust your habits a bit you can stay alive and enjoy the game. It's a different experience from what I was used to but I guess that's good.

Personally I've never really liked killing on Liberty City. Car killing helps to keep away someone that is interrupting your stunt session. I love the fact that Liberty City is so hilly; this creates many awesome stunting opportunities. Stunting in Vice City gets very boring after a while because everything is too flat.