Car killing.

Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Why do so many people say people are "car n00bs" when people are out killing with cars. Just today, me and d8cam from planetgta were out killin people and rammin stuff with the Fire Truck. Is there anything wrong with that when the name of the game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO? GTA has many elements to kill people with, not just guns. This isn't like Half-Life where you only kill with your guns. In GTA, you have cars and such you can use, you do whatever you can to kill someone. So, I wanted to know what you guys think about it. Do you guys think car killing is n00bish when its an aspect in the game? I don't think it is; the people calling the others n00bs should learn how to dodge the cars.

EDIT: Read this article d8cam made at PlanetGTA about this whole thread.

http://www.planetgta.com/features/articles/thecarkill/

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted yes, and that's only because of the instant-kill (dodo kill isn't n00bish, that's art) if you had to hit a person more than once, it would be ok, but with the instant-kill it's n00bish (and lame too)

Hmm, I have to disagree. You say it's lame, could you give me an explantion on why you think it's lame?

It's not n00bish at all. The game is CALLED "multi theft AUTO". If killing people with cars is n00bish, so is using any weapons aside from fists. This isn't The Sims, if you don't like getting killed by cars, I suggest you go play the VC version, and alleviate the rest of us from your whining.

And if you're going to whine about it, at least don't whine while you're car-killing people and making yourself look like a huge hypocrite *cough* KFC people *cough*.

Don't mean to flame, but c'mon!

Why do so many people say people are "car n00bs" when people are out killing with cars. Just today, me and d8cam from planetgta were out killin people and rammin stuff with the Fire Truck. Is there anything wrong with that when the name of the game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO? GTA has many elements to kill people with, not just guns. This isn't like Half-Life where you only kill with your guns. In GTA, you have cars and such you can use, you do whatever you can to kill someone. So, I wanted to know what you guys think about it. Do you guys think car killing is n00bish when its an aspect in the game? I don't think it is; the people calling the others n00bs should learn how to dodge the cars.

It's lame for one reason, say car #1 comes up to car#2. Car#1 and #2 have a demo derby on the streets of liberty, both cars eventually catch fire and explode. Now here comes car #3 the "n00b", both dude #1 and #2 die bc they were hit by the same car. Even if your 1 bar from killing him you were robbed by a "noob", who is more skilled in driving then aiming. Lame, in a way but you can't hate the "noob". I try and respect every player, meaning i use my guns and not my cars. lame $h|t, i realize cars are part of the game and their is no way of changing that, but if you see ppl on the street why bother? It may be a kill but it's really not worth it, at most you'll get _____ died. (vehicle). That's my opinion.....

i voted yes, and that's only because of the instant-kill (dodo kill isn't n00bish, that's art) if you had to hit a person more than once, it would be ok, but with the instant-kill it's n00bish (and lame too)

Although, I do somewhat agree that although I love car killing (and do it myself on a regular basis) the instant kill that is featured in GTA3 is a bit harsh. That being said, let me run you down in real life with a car travelling at obscene mph's and see if you can still stand up ... maybe the more realistic things are, the less people like them? (Ass backwards, I know)

No, it's quite worth it, as you can get their weapons once they're dead. Car killing for ammo is much easier than earning cash to buy it. I think that most people who play MTA, don't play it for points or status, they just want to have fun and kill things.

but if you see ppl on the street why bother? It may be a kill but it's really not worth it, at most you'll get _____ died. (vehicle). That's my opinion.....

I think the instant car kill in GTA3 is definately good. I always liked it even in GTA2. Currently the person who runs you over doesn't even get credit for it so that definately makes it less of a problem. I think in Vice City it takes way to long to car kill, almost to a point where its not even worth trying. I will always try to drive over my oponent until they blow up my car. Why go into harms way if you don't have to?

I think the instant car kill in GTA3 is definately good. I always liked it even in GTA2. Currently the person who runs you over doesn't even get credit for it so that definately makes it less of a problem. I think in Vice City it takes way to long to car kill, almost to a point where its not even worth trying. I will always try to drive over my oponent until they blow up my car. Why go into harms way if you don't have to?

Yea, I like the killing. And saying the car kills don't take skill (which most do say) are wrong. You gotta make sure you aim it right, that you dont hit anything else or skid out. Also, if you're playing against an experienced member, it's hard to hit them. About 90% of the time I am able to dodge a car killer. How? I fuckn' jump around and use my gun to shoot them while they are going at me. Also, learn to jump UP right on top of their car. Its fun. You car surf for a bit, no hp lost, and you shoot their car while ur up there. Most of the time you kill it. So, all you people who can't dodge it, keep a look out on your freakin radar and learn to shoot at the cars and jump away from them instead of runnin in a straight path where they can gain up to you and kill you.

I dont do GTA3 with MTA, I only have vice city installed... but there's nothing wrong with car killing. Yes it can be annoying if you're on the receiving end, and the bugger just keeps lerching back n forth smashing into your legs and not letting you get away... but if you see someone in a car and they aren't willing to get out, you have means of persuasion, usually in the form of an automatic weapon or powerful shotgun... and you can always hop onto anything slightly elevated, and jump out of the way. In this game you have to watch your back because someone else will always be aiming for it. If you get run down in the street, live with it, get revenge on them by getting a bigger vehicle and mashing them into oblivion or hit their precious car with your truck... if you saw a player standing on a roof top, wouldn't you try to knock him off? course you would. We use any means we can to kill each other, and it's good fun. Yes car killing can get annoying if you're the one being killed, and I'd encourage anyone who is purely a car killer to vary their style before people start hurling a sh*tload of bullets at that car of theirs. :)

I'll make this quick:

People who do nothing but hit and run turn me off of this, especially when you hop out of your car to have a decent firefight.

It does require a lot of skill, I still have problems doing it the odd time, though it's quite gratifying when you hear crunching under your tires.

My vote since it's not a option on the poll: Indifferent.

its half half.

i prefer to jump out before getting to a fight scene, and going in guns blazing. rather than plowing through the middle hoping to get some kills... but thats just my personal pref, i find it more fun that way.

as for being on the recieving end, sometimes it can be fun to play the matador against a car trying to run you over.

but it can also piss you right off when you're in the middle of an epic dual, after a 30 minute chase thought the whole city, and you're about to finish the guy off, and out of the blue some guy runs you over.

but the worst is when people have modded their cars to drive at 100,000km/h and kill you in one hit, or send you flying half way accross the map... you can't jump out of the way of those kills.

thats my $0.05

It's lame for one reason, say car #1 comes up to car#2. Car#1 and #2 have a demo derby on the streets of liberty, both cars eventually catch fire and explode. Now here comes car #3 the "n00b", both dude #1 and #2 die bc they were hit by the same car. Even if your 1 bar from killing him you were robbed by a "noob", who is more skilled in driving then aiming. Lame, in a way but you can't hate the "noob". I try and respect every player, meaning i use my guns and not my cars. lame $h|t, i realize cars are part of the game and their is no way of changing that, but if you see ppl on the street why bother? It may be a kill but it's really not worth it, at most you'll get _____ died. (vehicle). That's my opinion.....

Nah, due to a bug, you'll still get the credit for the kill :wink:

I agree - doing NOTHING but car killing could be considered n00bish. But to be honest, when you have $0 left, there's not really much else you can do to earn money / weapons.

Nah, due to a bug, you'll still get the credit for the kill :wink:

In my experience it's the last person to shoot the killed who gets the credit. This would explain why during a fight where someone carkills both of the fighters you get:

A killed B. (Vehicle)

B killed A. (Vehicle)

Thats a dangerous script aeron, as the driver NEVER gets the credit for the kill, an innocent player can at the moment if they were the last to damage the victim with a weapon before they got run over. Resulting in your script banning someone who didnt actually carkill. This incorrect kill award is currently fixed in the patch btw.

As for the whole carkill question, I'm in two minds about it. I have to admit to feeling a temptation when rocketing down a road and seeing a lone 'pedestrian' to swerve and hear that rather satisfying SQUISH, but more often thatn not i will drive on past.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the occasional car kill, an oppertunistic one, but those that set out to do that, and only that, can get a little irritating when others are trying to do somethign different.

I basically see it as a matter of manners, if there are 3 people enjoying a gunfight, matching thier shotgun or uzi skills against each other, i would consider it rude and disruptive to steam in with a car and spoil thier fun. In much the same way that trying to kill/jack 2 or 3 people who are plainly and clearly trying to have a dodo competition, do a stunt, search for glitches etc, would be disruptive and bad manners.]

So really its all down to how you want to play, do you want to try and fit into the game and make it as much fun as possible for all the players, or do you want to do what YOU want, and to hell with everyone else. I get the feeling most persistant car killers fit into the latter category and that is why they attract such dislike.

I agree with Bump - I sometimes try to run down lone pedestrians for fun, but most dodge out of the way and so I carry on driving, rather than continuing to try to run them over.

Oh, and thanks for fixing that bug, btw.

carkilling is totally stupid, because you wont earn any money from it( except for some cases when there are more than 2 players close to eachother, for example player A kills player B, then player C gets the money :wink: ) and nobody should earn money from carkilling. if it was possible , most ppl wouldnt even try to earn money by killing with guns or other weapons, and it would be VERY booring. But i dont understand WHY some ppl carkill all the time, its useless