Progressbar

Hey, I was wondering how I can create a progressbar at the top of the screen of every player, showing how much health this bot has left. It should start at 100 and end on 0 depending on the health.

It would also need "Nemesis Health - (Amount of Health)" wrote above it

function boss ( ) 
      Nemesis = exports [ "slothBot" ]:spawnBot ( -1935.5480957031, 665.44055175781, 47.0, 90, 312, 0, 0, Nemesis, 0,         "chasing", true ) 
      exports.extra_health:setElementExtraHealth ( Nemesis, 2500 ) 
      outputChatBox ("Nemesis has spawned! Go and defeat him!",localPlayer,255,0,0,true) 
      myBlip = (createBlipAttachedTo ( Nemesis, 23 )) 
      setElementData ( Nemesis, "nemesis", true  ) 
      triggerClientEvent(root, "nemesishp", root, Nemesis) 
 end 
addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), boss ) 

Any help is appreciated! ;)

Here's a bit overly complicated way of doing it, so I'll just quote myself. There are some easier ways of doing it, of course. But this might be able to help you get on your feet, and make it yourself - there's no better way of learning than that. :)

Here you have a working DirectX Progress Bar, ran via the use of commands. This was written entirely for testing purposes, so you will still have to modify it to do whatever you want it to do. It should be enough for you to do it yourself :)

Commands:

/draw

This will start drawing the rectangles. Run command again to hide them.

/progress

This will start progressing the timer with random values.

local screenW, screenH = guiGetScreenSize() 

-- Assign a local variable to know if it is currently drawing or not. 
local isCurrentlyDrawing = false 
-- Variable for telling the script whether the timer is active or not. 
local progressTimer = false 
-- The total and current progress, this should always be between 0-100. 
local totalProgress = 0 
-- Math for converting the width. Originally the relative size to the screen was 2.575. So when totalProgress is at 100, renderProgress will be at 2.575. This will display the progress bar as full. 
local renderProgress = (totalProgress/100)/2.575 

function startDrawing() 
    -- Check if it is currently not drawing the rectangle. 
    if(isCurrentlyDrawing == false) then 
        -- Add the event handler to the function containing the drawings. 
        addEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), stuffToDraw) 
        -- Change the variable to true since you are now drawing it with every frame. 
        isCurrentlyDrawing = true 
    -- Check if it is currently drawing the rectangle. 
    elseif(isCurrentlyDrawing == true) then 
        -- If it is drawing, then remove the event handler. This will stop drawing the rectangle. 
        removeEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), stuffToDraw) 
        -- And change the variable back to false, since you're no longer drawing. 
        isCurrentlyDrawing = false 
    end 
end 
addCommandHandler("draw", startDrawing, false, false) 

function startTheProgress() 
    -- Check so the timer isn't already running. 
    if(progressTimer == false) then 
        -- Change the variable, you know the drill about those from now on.  
        progressTimer = true 
        -- Start the timer, and assign it a variable so it can be killed later. 
        theTimer = setTimer(function() 
            -- Increase the totalProgress with a random value between 0 to 10. 
            local randomProgress = math.random(0, 10) 
            -- Increase the totalProgress with the returned integer from above. 
            totalProgress = totalProgress+randomProgress 
            -- For debugging, will out put the random number and total progress in the format of randomNumber(totalProgress). 
            outputChatBox(tostring(randomProgress).."("..tostring(totalProgress)..")") 
            -- Update the renderProgress variable. 
            renderProgress = (totalProgress/100)/2.575 
            -- Check if the totalProgress becomes equal to or greater than 100. 
            if(totalProgress >= 100) then 
                -- Set the total progress to 100, in case it became greater than 100. This is to prevent the actual progress bar from becoming wider than the background. 
                totalProgress = 100 
                -- Update the renderProgress variable, since you change totalProgress above. 
                renderProgress = (totalProgress/100)/2.575 
                -- Update the timer variable. 
                progressTimer = false 
                -- Message to tell you that the progress became greater than or equal to 100. 
                outputChatBox("Progress greater than or equal to 100, killed timer.") 
                -- Kill the timer so it doesn't keep running. 
                killTimer(theTimer) 
            end 
        end, 1000, 0) 
    else 
        outputChatBox("Already progressing!") 
    end 
end 
addCommandHandler("progress", startTheProgress, false, false) 

function stuffToDraw() 
    -- Add the drawings you want in here. Do note that this code will be run with every frame. So 30-60 times PER SECOND. Be careful when using other code attached to onClientRender and onClientPreRender. 
    backgroundRectangle = dxDrawRectangle(screenW/3.0, screenH/1.4, screenW/2.5, screenH/15.0, tocolor(0, 0, 0, 200)) 
    progressRectangle = dxDrawRectangle(screenW/2.95, screenH/1.38, screenW*renderProgress, screenH/22, tocolor(187, 0, 0, 255)) 
    progressText = dxDrawText("Progress: ("..totalProgress.."%)", screenW/2.15, screenH/1.37, screenW/2.575, screenH/22, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 1, "pricedown") 
end 

Edit: If you want the progress bar to extend all across the screen from left to right, you will have to do some small changes, I'm sure you can figure it out! :D

• 1 month later...

I know I really shouldn't bump a topic, but it's kind of important

So I tried to create it myself, but it failed a lot of times and I was wondering if someone could possibly add it in for me. I know it's not normally a thing for you guys to do it for the guy that needs help, but I keep fucking up hahah

Hey, a progress bar isn't the best solution, this is a script which shows Health bar and Nitro Bar. It has an ugly appearance but the script is very simple and easy to understand. It's not a guiProgressBar tho, it's dx... just copy and paste it client-side and it'll work...

local x,y = guiGetScreenSize () 

addEventHandler ("onClientRender", root, 
    function (source) 
        local pVehicle = getPedOccupiedVehicle (localPlayer) 
        if pVehicle then 
            local vHealth = (getElementHealth (pVehicle)-250)/10 
            if vHealth < 0 then 
                vHealth = 0 
            end 
            dxDrawLine (x/1.05, y/2.1, x/1.05, y/2.40, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- VER (HP) 
            dxDrawLine (x/1.25, y/2.1, x/1.25, y/2.40, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- VER (HP) 
            dxDrawLine (x/1.05, y/2.1, x/1.25, y/2.1, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- HOR (HP) 
            dxDrawLine (x/1.05, y/2.4, x/1.25, y/2.4, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- HOR (HP) 

dxDrawRectangle (x/1.249, y/2.39,x/4.95*vHealth/100, y/17.25, tocolor (0, 255, 0, 175)) -- ARENA (HP)  
            dxDrawText ("HP", x/1.163, y/2.35, x, y, tocolor (255, 255, 255, 200), 1.5, "clear") -- TEXT (HP) 
        end 
    end 
) 

function drawNitroCopertine (source) 
    dxDrawLine (x/1.05, y/1.7, x/1.05, y/1.9, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- VER (NOS) 
    dxDrawLine (x/1.25, y/1.7, x/1.25, y/1.9, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- VER (NOS) 
    dxDrawLine (x/1.05, y/1.7, x/1.25, y/1.7, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- HOR (NOS) 
    dxDrawLine (x/1.05, y/1.9, x/1.25, y/1.9, tocolor (255, 255, 255)) -- HOR (NOS) 
    dxDrawText ("NOS", x/1.173, y/1.86, x, y, tocolor (255, 255, 255, 200), 1.5, "clear") -- TEXT (NOS) 
end 

addEventHandler ("onClientRender", root, 
    function (source) 
        local pVehicle = getPedOccupiedVehicle (localPlayer) 
        if pVehicle then 
            drawNitroCopertine () 
            local vNitro = getVehicleNitroLevel (pVehicle) 
            if vNitro ~= nil and vNitro ~= false and vNitro > 0 then 
                dxDrawRectangle (x/1.24902, y/1.8902, x/6.6/10*10*vNitro, y/16.75, tocolor (0, 175, 255, 175)) 

end 
        end 
    end 
) 

Let me give you the answer: "/No"

Well, so far, you've contributed two useless pathetic answers to this thread. I can't really see anyone wanting scripting services from an asshole like you.

Now, if you're going to be a little /beta/ kid, and spam - take yourself elsewhere. I'm pretty sure nobody wants prematures like you here anyway.