Mta thinks I have VC

Guest Cornbread

Hey there. I just downloaded the new Mta 0.4 and a very odd thing seems to be happening. Whenever I start a server up (so I can play lan with my bro) it says

MTA Server for MTA 0.4

ServerName = 'MTA 0.4 NoName Server'

ServerPort = 2003

Game = GTA:VC / MTA:VC (#2)

GameMode = Regular (#1)

MaxPlayers = 16

SERVER: successfully started the server (port2003)

SERVER: press 'q' or 'Q' to shutdown the server.

SERVER: ASE registration is enabled ... will attempt to register (if possible).

Ok now as you can see it looks like I'm starting up a VC server when i didn't install any of the VC components (and I've re-installed mta a couple times to make sure) and I don't own VC. So I was wondering if anybody knew what was going on, I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks a bunch.

You need to edit the configuration file in order to do that (also it possibly could explain why there are significantly more VC servers listed in ASE then GTA3 ones).

It is called mtaserver.conf and is located in the same directory as the server file. To edit it, just open it in Notepad.

# Game

# Required: Yes and MUST be set to 1 (GTA3) or 2 (GTA:VC)

# Purpose: Defines the Game that the Server will be running (and in turn all Client's will be forced to use for this Server)

# Notes:

# 1 - GTA3

# 2 - GTA:VC

Game 2

The game is set to 2 (VC) by default (for some reason), so just change this to a 1, save the file and then load up the server. There are other things you can change too, such as the server name, number of players, etc.