Object streamer

Hello!

I'm making maps a very long time ago, and i always had a problem with the object loading. When i used mta race, I couldn't use more than 250 objects, because if i did, it was invisible. It's not invisible now, but if I use more than 250 object on the same place, the loading will be very slow.

So my suggestion/request: please increase this limit!

i once had 5000 objects in one map, and it was working fine, at the end, it stands for your PC performance.

read my post again

if I use more than 250 object on the same place, the loading will be very slow.

if your map would has 5000 object on a small place, you couldn't see anything.

It's okay if you can use 2000 object in a big area, but i meant to a small place(100-150m rad). If i would able to use a bit more object without loading problems, that's could be great as well.

By the way, I don't have any lag, and my pc is good in my opinion. My RAM is only 2GB, but i don't think so that's the problem, because everyone else have the same thing.

I constructed and tested the computer on mta and other games before selling it, i saw this post so i decided to try it out, i rapidly placed over 5k objects in the same place, ofc i used a script to do it then converted that script into a map file and i checked if it worked perfectly, i had approximately 80-100fps in that area, loaded nearly in 30-40 seconds which for that amount of objects in the same place is nothing. So i think in the end that might be your computer or internet.

Specs:

*Intel i7 2nd generation. quad core 3.4ghz

*Nvidia gtx 780

*16gb ram

*Asus maximus v motherboard

(im sure you don't need to know power supply)

*76Mb/s internet ( to get megabytes [MB] instead of megabits [Mb] divide Mb by 8 )

I constructed and tested the computer on mta and other games before selling it, i saw this post so i decided to try it out, i rapidly placed over 5k objects in the same place, ofc i used a script to do it then converted that script into a map file and i checked if it worked perfectly, i had approximately 80-100fps in that area, loaded nearly in 30-40 seconds which for that amount of objects in the same place is nothing. So i think in the end that might be your computer or internet.

"I used a script to do it then converted that script into a map file"

What?

It seems you didn't get what i said.. for an example, i'm making a dm-race map, which is have a very detailed decoration. If you put 5000 object in the same place, you won't see anything and the track won't be loaded, you will fall down.

So i think in the end that might be your computer or internet

As i said my pc is good and i don't have any lag. Also my internet is fine.

The quote you made about me using a script is basically to reduce time on mapping every object in, i just simply made a small script created objects with it, wrote a file with the objects in and converted it into a map file, worked perfectly when i was testing and i spawned on the place after download was done.

Anyway, why do you need so many objects in the same place?

As i said i just making a dm-race map, and almost every part of it has a very detailed decoration. It looks ugly at some place because of the slow loading, but if i would able to use 50 more object than now, it would be perfect.

I am using MTA 1.35 and 1.4 and none of them is able to load more than 200-300 objects at once, the draw distance reduces the more objects are placed - with 400 objects i have a draw distance of ~20 meters. Only the newest EIR build is able to prevent this issue, but this build got no updates since 3 months..... and it is bugged.

So what is the problem with creating a combined model for all that "detail". You can just ask someone to make a combined model for you and apply the textures to it.

That way you only have 1 object to surround your race track.

Well, it wouldn't be 1, but a lot lower amounts of objects to load and it ain't only 1 because maximum of 512x512x512 is the dimensions of an object (as far as i know, unless it was improved)

So what is the problem with creating a combined model for all that "detail". You can just ask someone to make a combined model for you and apply the textures to it.

That way you only have 1 object to surround your race track.

Well, it wouldn't be 1, but a lot lower amounts of objects to load and it ain't only 1 because maximum of 512x512x512 is the dimensions of an object (as far as i know, unless it was improved)

Yeah well, the point still remains the same. Less model counts when you have a number of larger models containing smaller models within it. I have seen that some GTA's default interiors are made out of one big object. This is what you should be looking at instead of 1000 at one spot. Obviously there may be drawbacks, but I wouldn't say it's a bad idea.