[New MTA feature] "The False Self"

The False Self

Introduction

In MTA thousand of times it happened us this type of situation: You are fighting a lagger and you shoot on him you see in your screen that you hit him but in his screen this is not happening so he doesn't get damage, reducing latency kicking bad fps and bad pings is an alternative solution but this really never solves complety this problem.

So one day i find an serve Called Gamenet.ga Team Wars or whatever, and i found there was something i called it "The False Self" this script what does is that if you see and your screen that you hit the enemys ped he gets always damage if you don't hit him he doesn't get damage. Obviusly there are other games who use this feature from example the CODs one of the best TDM game uses The False Self.

But obviusly the selfish creators of this server doesn't want share this resource. I've made a Video to understand better what i mean:

Suggestion

My Suggestion is adding new setting to mtaserver.conf which will be like the bullet sync who will be "allow the false self" (yes/no) i know this could be very hard to complete but if this is done no more fucking laggers no more skinhack or animation hack aboosers, if this is done in mta most of the problems related player de-sync abusing or anything else will be over. it's not a waste of time it's perfectionating the weapon fighting in mta and make much more enjoyable the TDM gaming of MTA.

I always say that this is the solution I think that the false self can repair a lot of bugs and it can do MTA much better.

Abxf, please don't put thinks like that because you don't win nothing and you can change the opinion of the people about this with not important things, ty.

So... +1

This is a problem which MTA brings since so much time and it isn't fixed yet. The new feature that Dinamo is trying to share with us can completely improve the mta sync. I don't see any problem on adding some lines in mtaserver.conf that let you enable/disable this option...

I always say that this is the solution I think that the false self can repair a lot of bugs and it can do MTA much better.

Abxf, please don't put thinks like that because you don't win nothing and you can change the opinion of the people about this with not important things, ty.

So... +1

Please revise your reply. I cannot see how exactly this is going to fix any existing bugs, or make MTA "a lot better". If people want to have problems with false packets and spoofed digital signatures then go ahead and script it yourself on your server.

There is absolutely no way this will ever work as you may think it will. It works for those that play fair - but to the most that want to abuse every possible weakness, this is one of those. Not really wise to spend time on something that can be worked around by one line of code on client's computer - and don't bother digital signatures; the only thing that will do is kick the player, but not stop them from trying. Besides I believe you can trick those too. And banning is useless as well; I mean, it's quite clear already that you are able to spoof anything that is sent out from your end. This includes you spoofing your MAC address ending up with a new serial, or whatever static values MTA uses nowadays. And obviously IP is as easy to spoof as one click away. Not much you can do about that, sowwy. Unless you get a dedicated server dedicated just to be a gate between client and server and verify all possible data and refuse any other data that doesn't match. That way you won't have trouble with processor running at capacity all day long and eventually burn out. Though the least that will happen is it will spam your kick log file up to 1 Gb eventually.

So... +1

Please revise your reply. I cannot see how exactly this is going to fix any existing bugs, or make MTA "a lot better". If people want to have problems with false packets and spoofed digital signatures then go ahead and script it yourself on your server.

There is absolutely no way this will ever work as you may think it will. It works for those that play fair - but to the most that want to abuse every possible weakness, this is one of those. Not really wise to spend time on something that can be worked around by one line of code on client's computer - and don't bother digital signatures; the only thing that will do is kick the player, but not stop them from trying. Besides I believe you can trick those too. And banning is useless as well; I mean, it's quite clear already that you are able to spoof anything that is sent out from your end. This includes you spoofing your MAC address ending up with a new serial, or whatever static values MTA uses nowadays. And obviously IP is as easy to spoof as one click away. Not much you can do about that, sowwy. Unless you get a dedicated server dedicated just to be a gate between client and server and verify all possible data and refuse any other data that doesn't match. That way you won't have trouble with processor running at capacity all day long and eventually burn out. Though the least that will happen is it will spam your kick log file up to 1 Gb eventually.

Your negativity doesn't help and tell me smart ass if you are as smart as you think DO YOU KNOW OTHER FUKING SOLUTION TO OVER WITH SKINHACKERS AND LAGGERS? Crying "no it won't work bla bla bla" doesn't help atleast i give ideas to make MTA much better, nowdays in MTA there are daily laggers who basically there isn't solution to over their de-sync or lag so the only way to make them possible kill i find it's this using "The False Self"
Please Post your Suggstions on bugs.mtasa.com

you can block skinhack by acpanel resource

LOL why? there is no bug nab.

and i know i can disable edited skins and i remenber you that the 80% of people use mods for their San Andreas and the most of the mods are not to abuse they are to make san andreas beatifuler and it's annoying don't beging able to use an edited skin.

So... +1

Your negativity doesn't help and tell me smart ass if you are as smart as you think DO YOU KNOW OTHER FUKING SOLUTION TO OVER WITH SKINHACKERS AND LAGGERS? Crying "no it won't work bla bla bla" doesn't help atleast i give ideas to make MTA much better, nowdays in MTA there are daily laggers who basically there isn't solution to over their de-sync or lag so the only way to make them possible kill i find it's this using "The False Self"
Please Post your Suggstions on bugs.mtasa.com

you can block skinhack by acpanel resource

LOL why? there is no bug nab.

and i know i can disable edited skins and i remenber you that the 80% of people use mods for their San Andreas and the most of the mods are not to abuse they are to make san andreas beatifuler and it's annoying don't beging able to use an edited skin.

Just because the idea might be good, the actual outcome will not be. That is something we all have to take into account before starting to make new features to anything. And in my opinion, the outcome will change at first, but eventually (probably not long), someone is going to release a public version of a spoofer tool, which by the way you can find in the intenet already.

it's basically this:

when someone gets damaged, you check it in people clients who has a high FPS, and then set it serverside. it has many walk-arounds, and you can do it easily through a script, if you're not a scripter and want to apply this in the server you play, then simply suggest it to THEM, not MTA.

As far as i know , MTA Team members ignore Suggestions section.

you can post "feature request" at bugs.multitheftauto.com

WTF?

it's basically this:

when someone gets damaged, you check it in people clients who has a high FPS, and then set it serverside. it has many walk-arounds, and you can do it easily through a script, if you're not a scripter and want to apply this in the server you play, then simply suggest it to THEM, not MTA.

No badly i'm not scripter and it's not easy to script man i see this script client side in (C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\pl-Syncro) and it have got like 1500+ lines this script it's ultra advance scripting man it's not easy to script and what i'm suggesting it's much more better than the actual "Bullet Sync" because it fixes the laggers advantages and basically skinhackers will be obsoleted.

WTF?

it's basically this:

No badly i'm not scripter and it's not easy to script man i see this script client side in (C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\pl-Syncro) and it have got like 1500+ lines this script it's ultra advance scripting man it's not easy to script and what i'm suggesting it's much more better than the actual "Bullet Sync" because it fixes the laggers advantages and basically skinhackers will be obsoleted.

If you don't want to do it then pay a scripter to do it for you. These "ultra advanced" scripts are not made for free nor there is any other way to get them. Either you buy it or you do it yourself. You can't possibly expect the MTA developers to treat each suggestion as priority, especially because they don't get paid for what they do and MTA is considered a personal project when applying for a job or studies, besides reverse engineering is against EULA of GTA, so that can be taken as a minus point despite all the hard programming work.

Why won't you stop complaining about lag and stupid shit like this all the time? Jesus christ you've done the same at different forums by asking people to finish a script that would fix lag completely (haha... ha). The only people that support your lame ideas are your friends who probably don't even understand that this, as many others have recognized before, is greatly abusable.

WTF?

it's basically this:

If you don't want to do it then pay a scripter to do it for you. These "ultra advanced" scripts are not made for free nor there is any other way to get them. Either you buy it or you do it yourself. You can't possibly expect the MTA developers to treat each suggestion as priority, especially because they don't get paid for what they do and MTA is considered a personal project when applying for a job or studies, besides reverse engineering is against EULA of GTA, so that can be taken as a minus point despite all the hard programming work.

Oh really great i give idea to fix peoples annoying lag and you say me that i have to pay to fix lag in MTA :fp: me i try to help and you dummies answer me with sh!t, it seems that you dummies doesn't understand that i made this suggestion for everybody selfish idiot if lag and skinhack are fixed in whole MTA it isn't amazing and great?
Oh really great i give idea to fix peoples annoying lag and you say me that i have to pay to fix lag in MTA :fp: me i try to help and you dummies answer me with sh!t, it seems that you dummies doesn't understand that i made this suggestion for everybody selfish idiot if lag and skinhack are fixed in whole MTA it isn't amazing and great?

To be honest I think you should try to accept the fact that not everything can go as you please. As a matter of fact, I am part of "the everybody", as you call it. I have the right to go against a change if I want to if I explain the situation. You certainly have the right to keep posting those ideas if you like - no one is stopping you. But as you explained a few posts ago, you are no scripter and you cannot possibly pay attention to these things as much as those that actually develop stuff and deal with these kind of situations on a daily basis. That is why I would like you to respect my replies, as much as I do yours excluding all the insultive comments.

This will not permanently fix any of what you think it does, like I said a couple posts ago. I hope you understand that for even the most perfect things there are always downsides and problems, which unfortunately are simply said unavoidable, or at least beyond a few hundred commits. And of course, there is never a way to exactly make everything work flawlessly, we are talking about a client-side program anyway am I right? But if you want to make an anti-cheat system work at least for the most part you would need to figure out how to go against problems of such sort. This can be avoided, but it has to be made right and tested out a dozen times.

I know many good suggestions for MTA that were later dropped for core GTA related problems or simply the fact that there were more downsides than good sides. And if you want your suggestion really reviewed and possibly done, then you may as well post it to Mantis and donate some money to the issue while at it.

Until then, I really hope you read your messages before you post because you are way out of line.

And just to clear out the part where you think my reply is sort of wrong - it is not, because the thing here is that the cheat that this script would defend, would be avoided by another one. And if you defend that, it will be avoided by another one. That is what cheaters do all day long, trying to breach and find new access points of vulnerabilities. Those vulnerabilities cannot be fully patched as we are for Christ's sakes talking about client versus server communication. You can, at worst scenarios make the server do whatever you tell it to do - maybe send a global message, kill a player, shut down or even inject a self-destroy virus if you please. Of course for the majority of online games these are prevented, but falsified data is falsified data and if not accordingly parsed and verified then.. you know what happens then.

But, I am no expert with MTA networking so I would not know how they do their usual verifications. This is however an important matter, which I wanted to point out to you. If there is anyone who knows differently - feel free to correct me, or ammend my reply if I seem to be correct at this and you have something to add.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to state for the record that we DO read this section, but often times people's suggestions do not warrant a reply from us. Examples: This thread. If you have a suggestion that's actually good, you will probably see it implemented.