Game freezes everytime I start the game

Guest Travox2k4

Hi everybody!

At first, I'm german, and I don't understand every engish word, but I think my english is not the worst. ;-)

I've searched in this Forum for more about 2 hours, but I couldn't find help to my problem.

My problem is, that I never got MTA to work. I alreday tried it many day, many version and in many ways, but nothing had worked, I've never played Vice City or GTA3 in Multyplayer. Therefore I hope that you can help me making MTA running on my Computer.

First I always had 'unhandled exceptions', but I now was able to solve this problem. But I don't find a way to solve following problem:

Everytime I start MTA VC the game totally freezes at following screen:

freeze.jpg

No sound, no going on. CTRL+ALT+DEL is also not working, I can only press my RESET-Button on my case to reboot Windows XP Home.

Further Info's:

1) using MTA 0.4

2) updated to version 1.1

3) language files copied to MTA folder except american.gxt

4) no patches/mods installed

5) no no-cd patch, using original game with original cd

If it's helpful for you, this is my Computer:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+

Graphic: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB / 256Mbit Interface

Board: Asus A7N8X-X Nforce2 400 Chipset

RAM: 1024 MB RAM DDR 333

HD: Seagate 120GB

Drivers: all latest versions installed.

Hope that anybody of you can help me, I'm going mad.

Thanks for your help

Greetz

Travox2k4

i know exactly what yer problem is, as i used to have it.

if you are running a nocd crack that is not compatible with mta. that is why it freezes right before that last bit of the progress bar get done. ( i know he says he isn't using 1, but who knows)

solution: reinstall the original .exe, or find a working mta compatible nocd crack.

the end

Hi!

Thanks for your many replies.

I already tried to set language to english, but's still the same failure.

I also copied the american.gxt to german.gxt, but also no change.

Greetz

Travox

Hi everybody!

At first, I'm german, and I don't understand every engish word, but I think my english is not the worst. ;-)

I've searched in this Forum for more about 2 hours, but I couldn't find help to my problem.

My problem is, that I never got MTA to work. I alreday tried it many day, many version and in many ways, but nothing had worked, I've never played Vice City or GTA3 in Multyplayer. Therefore I hope that you can help me making MTA running on my Computer.

First I always had 'unhandled exceptions', but I now was able to solve this problem. But I don't find a way to solve following problem:

Everytime I start MTA VC the game totally freezes at following screen:

freeze.jpg

No sound, no going on. CTRL+ALT+DEL is also not working, I can only press my RESET-Button on my case to reboot Windows XP Home.

Further Info's:

1) using MTA 0.4

2) updated to version 1.1

3) language files copied to MTA folder except american.gxt

4) no patches/mods installed

5) no no-cd patch, using original game with original cd

If it's helpful for you, this is my Computer:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+

Graphic: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB / 256Mbit Interface

Board: Asus A7N8X-X Nforce2 400 Chipset

RAM: 1024 MB RAM DDR 333

HD: Seagate 120GB

Drivers: all latest versions installed.

Hope that anybody of you can help me, I'm going mad.

Thanks for your help

Greetz

Travox2k4

Im curious.. how did you fix the handle exceptions part? im having problems with that right now

I think i know what the problem is, in the client box were the join butten is theres a little thing that says gta vc 1.0 all you need to do is change it to 1.1. anther problem is that you may have to update your video drivers. i have a 9800 XT 256 MB and when i updated the drivers it worked smooth.

I have a feeling it may be that becuse it stops befor it reaches the video portion. im just trying to help a felow german I can tranlate it to german if you want. sorry you have all uptaded versions do you have windows xp.

Hi again!

Sorry, I wasn't online the last days, I had too much of work during the last weeks.

But nevertheless I couldn't solve my problem until now. Does anyone have another idea what my problem could be? I want to play MTA right now :D

It would be very nice if anybody can help me. If you need any other information from me just let me know!

@ Rac3day

I'm not sure, I tried so many things. But I think the 'unhandled exceptions' were fixed after copying the language files into mta folder.

@ Vendetta

Many thanks for this compliment

@Cokehead

Yes, I have Windows XP Home Edition

Greetz

Travox

Hi everybody!

I have set game version to 1.1, and I also tried 1.0,

but it doesn't work.

And I have not installed any patches except official update 1.1

Greetz

Travox

I THINK I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION !!!!

In fact I used to install only mta : vc, but if you install mta vc and mta gta 3 then it won't do this bug

At least that is what happened to me !

If you don't have gta 3, then create a directory and copy a exe in it, renome it into gta3.exe, and when you install give this directory as the gta 3 dir

For me it solved the problem ... would that mean that if you only install mta vc, the client gets confused and is waiting for the gta 3 version? I think this is the reason why it bugs.