MTA Roleplay community embraces DDoS (a documentation)

Hello MTA Community,

If you've got a weak heart, stop right here because I got some sad things to say and you may not like it, disagree or deny my statement.

I have been enjoying MTA since 2010. As a SAMP immigrant I have seen the benefits of the amazing content and structure.

My favorite Gamemode: Roleplay. Valhalla gaming truly was the place to be. But where I enjoyed the game so much, there was always someone who liked ruining your happy moments, enjoying a game by DDoSing the server.

Now 4 years later I have seen Many communities come and go. The Valhalla MTA commune disconnected from Valhalla Gaming and became Root Gaming. Then the predecessor of United Gaming made a server. Everlite Gaming had their proud moment. Now most of the old United Gaming coders are now settled on Owl Gaming. Another community which is one of the dominating Roleplay servers ruling their glory days.

There's 1 community that still exists. It has survived 2 years where other communities crumbled down. MTA roleplay, the community led by the most infamous community owner you can imagine. He is a businessman and has got some dirty cards in his hand. I have been an administrator on that community ever since I got there and even coded there for roughly 5 months. I've worked hard to achieve it, but eventually left.

Now that was in July 2013, now we're rougly 1 year later. MTA Roleplay is still kicking so you'd say he's still doing a good job keeping his players coming. But I know what he has done in the past.

23rd of June 2014 was the date where (after hesitating for over 6 months) I have decided to host an MTA server from my community. The community is 4 months young and runs quite a few servers on it. From Garrysmod servers to an Arma 2 DayZ server to Minecraft, just cause 2 and a Voip server. In a period of 6 months I have been DDoSed once by some french kid when I banned him from one of my Garrys Mod server as he wass threatning to DDoS us and being a total cunt. We accepted his challenge and got rid of him.

Anywho I started to host my own MTA Roleplay server. Using some alternative, NON valhalla gaming backbone script. It was unfinished, unlike the known watermarks of the original gaming community who made those scripts, this project has not finished, so I started working on it.

24th of june 2014

The day was good. I fixed some bugs, restored some database values and was just about to thing out my next plan, but I started to notice something.

The server was responding slowly. I know we fell victim to a DDoS attack 2 weeks ago, but I was not the actual target. All of a sudden I lost connection to the server and I scratched my head to think what's going on.

So I call the host to get some information. I could have known that this was a DDoS attack. Well that's alright. I got a DDoS protection so I know when I go down, the DDoS protection will kick in and save my server connection....right?

I have never been so wrong. Yes it was a DDoS attack and no it wasn't a small one. this was a 15 gbps DDoS attack. a botnet hive connection just breached into my IP and knocked it right off. The host has never seen such a big DDoS attack on 1 server in a long time.

the DDoS log

e252a7bbb8.png

fa01111384.png

This was a bit too obvious. I launched an MTA server in less then 24 hours and I get a 'Random DDoS attack' to my server? It makes no sense...does it?

Remember where I talked about MTA Roleplay and their owner with the dirty player cards? How convenient is it to launch an MTA server, name it roleplay and within 24 hours your server gets DDoSed, and not lightly. This was a personal attack.

I have never seen a development server being hit. EVER! If you had a dev server and got DDoSed with 15gbps in less then 24 hours after you launched the server, I wont be talking about it.

So the convenience is as followed. My community name is BallsDeep, I advertise BallsDeep on my skype status and recently updated about an upcoming MTA server. I know theres at least 1 person in my skype list where I know. The guy has got a subscription to a DDoS network. But it would be too obvious for it to be that guy.

I'm not going to point fingers as I have no proof. But I am pretty sure it's him. You don't just send 15gbps to a single server. for all they know I could have made a server and not being touched because there are many roleplay development servers out there that will never survive. He knew I have potential to a good running server, collecting at least 20 people and grow to become a decent MTA roleplay branch within my community.

What has this got to do with MTA?

In those 5 years that I have been around MTA. I am very well aware that The MTA community embraces DDoS then any other gaming network. It's not just Community owners, their lead/head administration got a subscription to a DDoS hive. Even players pay an amount to target one of the competitive communities and take them down.

Sure I have been DDoSed twice. the Garrysmod player who DDoSed me only struck me with 500 mbps so that's just a fart that got stuck on my network bowel. In the MTA community the DDoS Attacks range between 1-10 gbps. How do I know? Because within my skype network they told me about the DDoS attacks. "I just sent 6 gbps to ******* LOL", "Aaand they're down, take my 5gbps :D, feel the love". "The guy DDoSed my home network with 1gbps, So I gave him 5 gbps in return. That'll keep his network down all night lol"

It is obvious. No other Gaming network is as childish. As the MTA community. Especially the roleplay branch. The server hosts are DDoSing, their players brainwashed and their coders are always going to fuck them over at some point.

The MTA Staff/Developers can restrict those communities that are DDoSing and blacklist them. And they should. Because if they don't. MTA will eventually crumble and fall apart.

Enjoy your days,

Mittell

Edited by Guest
I didn't read the whole topic but all i can say is just pay for a better hoster if you don't jealous childish people to ddos your server. I would even pay more than 200€ just for a ddos free server.

If you have €200 a month for me you're very welcome to pay my server bills. and it wouldnt even work. I got a 1gbps network on my box including DDoS protection. but theres no DDoS protection that can withold 15gbps. Its just not cutting it. I dont want to spend extra money for something that wouldnt matter. the average DDoSer within the MTA commu.ity attacks with 2 gbps. thats more then the average DDoSer on any other gaming platform. You should enjoy hosting your own server. Not getting frustrated because some fat fuckface DDoSes your server

I really want to keep my MTA server. but if I keep it. My community might suffer from it.

I didn't read the whole topic but all i can say is just pay for a better hoster if you don't jealous childish people to ddos your server. I would even pay more than 200€ just for a ddos free server.

He is just declaring that the MTA community is fucked up right now. Leakers, resellers, and mostly DDoS'ers. He pointed the DDoS'ers in this story. I know as a scripter that DDoS'ing happens a lot! Not only on MTA, but MTA is toxic as hell at the moment. Sorry that I say it but, many guys are the best, they really make the MTA community but if you look at the rest: All toxic jealous people.

I just wanted to say that, good luck with your server man!

It really makes me sad when I hear about a server being DDoS'd.

I really do feel sorry for you man for getting such a large attack on your server. Goodluck in the future dude.

You shouldn't have to pay $100's each month for a server with high-end DDoS protection because of these kinds of people.

I think that the people who did this are just scared of another server rising up with unique and quality content and having all their players leaving them to join the new server, so they just DDoS them to send a message that they aren't welcome.

I've seen a few great servers go down because of people that DDoS them. And it makes me angry because I have to either wait for a new server or play on other servers that arent as great as the other one.

And thats probably another thing as well.

Either the server that is DDoSing doesn't have the quality that people are wanting and they can't produce that, so they just DDoS others so the players have no choice but to stay if they want to continue playing a game like that.

Either way, it is just stupid. I just don't think these people realise that DDoSing is actually a crime and not just something that is for fun and games.