triggerLatentClientEvent - Question

Hey,

I have used triggerLatentClientEvent and some other functions to make a custom downloader, everything works fine. But now I want to know how I can query the total bytes that has already been transferred since it has started. I hope you can help me.

(Showing any code is unnecessary, if such answers occur)

Best Regards

You cant use GetLatentEventStatus from client to check status of triggerLatentClientEvent.

There are two solutions I can think of at the moment:

1. Use a timer to send percent complete for the latent event from server to client, and interpolate between the values each time to make it smoother.

2. Dont use a timer and instead use triggerClientEvent right after triggerLatentClientEvent to send the size of the data that is being sent (by using getLatentEventStatus), and then save getNetworkStats().bytesReceived in the client event to a variable and compare the bytes received from download start to current amount of bytes received (getNetworkStats().bytesReceived - bytesReceivedAtStart) in onClientRender to display it or something.

• 3 months later...
  • MTA Team

That function only works on the scriptside, where the latent event has been started. That means you trigger a latent client event on serverside then you can use that handler only serverside, because it's not shared.