0.4 using more bandwidth than 0.3

Have you ever played Neocron? I tried, but I gave up halfway through it downloading about 80 patches. One big patch I wouldn't have minded, but 80 small ones? It's just stupid. So yeah, it's good that they're delaying it to fix the easy / quick to fix issues all at once.

I know, OT: You realize in the patch center theirs FTP downloads which go at 200kb/s and on top of that, their were patch bundles right up to the recent patches 197,198,199, and 200 (current patch level)

That means their have only been 41 patches since NA release (Patching started on NA client at 160, which was bugged and simply needed to be redownloaded due to an error with the burning of discs)

Over-exaggeration! :P (I had a capped Private Eye on Pluto and have a character on every server, will be capping a GenTank in the next week in place of my PE who I had for over a year :P)

On Topic now, the bandwidth bug is in need of fixing, more then you probaly realize :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever played Neocron? I tried, but I gave up halfway through it downloading about 80 patches. One big patch I wouldn't have minded, but 80 small ones? It's just stupid. So yeah, it's good that they're delaying it to fix the easy / quick to fix issues all at once.

I know, OT: You realize in the patch center theirs FTP downloads which go at 200kb/s and on top of that, their were patch bundles right up to the recent patches 197,198,199, and 200 (current patch level)

That means their have only been 41 patches since NA release (Patching started on NA client at 160, which was bugged and simply needed to be redownloaded due to an error with the burning of discs)

Over-exaggeration! :P (I had a capped Private Eye on Pluto and have a character on every server, will be capping a GenTank in the next week in place of my PE who I had for over a year :P)

On Topic now, the bandwidth bug is in need of fixing, more then you probaly realize :P

1. It was ages ago (I don't recall there being any bundles).

2. I only tried once.

3. I was making the point that there were a lot. The exact number didn't make any difference to what I was saying.

4. I said "about 80 patches", but did not state the margin of error, merely implying that it was there. So 40 could be acceptable :P

Yeah, I quit playing regularly a few days ago. If any server hits more than... oh, 3 or 4 players, then my ping spikes and reaches as high as 400+. On a 10 player server, it's almost doubled, and my ping usually remains a consistent 500-800+. Anything higher is simply unplayable.

You guys think it's bad on a broadband connection? Try playing it on 56k.

Please MTA team, can we get the patch? i doubt anybody, even the 56k'ers will hate having to download one patch, then possibly another patch later on, to fix other problems... This bandwith problem affects a lot of people, and we really need to get it fixed, ASAP.

jeez, ust wait, i rather have 1 patch for more bugs than 1 patch for 1 bug

Do you not have this problem then?

I've found VC unplayable now and it seems server hosts are sending letters of concern. The quicker the bandwidth problem is addressed - the less likely it will be that the hosts up the prices :shock:

1. It was ages ago (I don't recall there being any bundles).

2. I only tried once.

3. I was making the point that there were a lot. The exact number didn't make any difference to what I was saying.

4. I said "about 80 patches", but did not state the margin of error, merely implying that it was there. So 40 could be acceptable :P

If it were long ago, there would be even less patches (Long ago being there could've been 10, which there was a bundle for (I beleive bundles started at 6 patches in and now are enlarged, 4 bundles aren't mcuh to dl)

Pity you only tried once, good game you're missing out on on :P

There weren't a lot if you weren't such a lazy ass and actually took 5 seconds to look for things :P

Half of something isn't exactly in the ball park (I have a 1000 dollars, oh wait, only 500, sorry)