0.4 using more bandwidth than 0.3

All I wanted to say was that I'm missing out on the joy of MTA0.4 so I'd be happy with just that fix in the next release, providing that as a result it was patched quicker.

But, great job guys, looks like there's lots of new stuff to potentially be utilised in the MTAMA script.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try playing it on a 56k connection. What lag you had in 0.3 is almost tripled... it's really ridiculous. :x

I'll still play regularly, anyway. It's not completely unplayable but a patch to resolve the bandwidth problems would help.

Good luck...

Often kagato (current bns member) would drop by my house to play on my dsl since he only has dialup...we cranked up .4 and only one of us could play at a time. He could play fine while it was all my client could do to stay on the server lol

I believe I have 1mbit down, 512 up. (whatever it is, it needs to be faster xD )

I got curious, and opened bittorrent while we were both connected, mta absorbed so much of my bandwidth the program couldn't even connect to trackers lol.

Up until now i have only had game lag but now in VC just using the client gives me a 500+ ping on the FMJ server. Try playin 15 FPS an a 500 ping!! it aint great fun.

I also did a SP an MTA comparison, in SP i get 150+ fps, an in MTA i get 15, its not just internet bandwidth it seems to gobble up.

:( not a happy bunny

they arnt delaying with it, they have sorted the bandwith problem, they want to kill some out bugs off with the patch too thats why its taking its time, i say if u cant play 0.4, go back to 0.3, nothing wrong with it and just w8 for the patch

Have you ever played Neocron? I tried, but I gave up halfway through it downloading about 80 patches. One big patch I wouldn't have minded, but 80 small ones? It's just stupid. So yeah, it's good that they're delaying it to fix the easy / quick to fix issues all at once.

Surely a major issue like bandwidth hogging is enough to warrant a release?

:(

lol

I understand, let 'em fix as much as they can.

I'm counting the days 'till the next release, but since I have no idea when that'll be I'll stop counting... :)

I was wondering if making the process priority higher for MTA in windows task manager might be able to help with lag issues until a patch is issued? Any ideas or warnings about doing this? At work so can't try till later but figured I'd try to get some input on this. Thanks

I was wondering if making the process priority higher for MTA in windows task manager might be able to help with lag issues until a patch is issued? Any ideas or warnings about doing this? At work so can't try till later but figured I'd try to get some input on this. Thanks

I have no problems doing this on my Win Me machine, but I got loads of input lag (and at one point an "out of virtual memory" error) whilst doing it on XP, presumably because of all of the services (read: "crap") that run with XP.