In with the NEW same as the OLD

Guest Public_Enemy

Same old problems

This is my first post, only reason i am posting here is because i'm so pissed off with MTA

I'm an admin in IyonUK's Stunt server, and i was waiting for MTA 0.4 for ages.

Now i thought all bugs had been removed and the game was loads smoother and more synced.

First thing that happened when i joined the game after installing MTA 0.4 is after 2 mins of driving my game crashed. It seems like they have ignored the most annoying problem and just added a few new things.

Death Match is still the same old story, more down to luck than skill. If sum1 has a ping slightly higher than you then u cant kill them.

I also played MTA on GTA3 for the first time 2day, and i wont be playing it again, Why is there only one map? why are the cars blue? and it seems that although MTA 0.4 is just out, ppl are already using mods in it.

Hopefully these problems will be fixed.

Death Match is still the same old story, more down to luck than skill. If sum1 has a ping slightly higher than you then u cant kill them.

That sort of thing can't be fixed because MTA is client-side. But the new aiming system evens up the odds somewhat.

I also played MTA on GTA3 for the first time 2day, and i wont be playing it again, Why is there only one map? why are the cars blue? and it seems that although MTA 0.4 is just out, ppl are already using mods in it.

There is only one map because otherwise you'd be waiting even longer for 0.4. Updates are planned, adding the remaining maps. The cars are blue because of a bug with the GTA3 engine. I don't think this affects people on fast computers (or at least ones that aren't at all stressed by running both GTA3 and MTA at once).

I would expect that 0.3 mods would work because the core is the same.

I will say death match isnt the same, more close quaters weapons, and a vastly improved aim system has put much more skill in to the game, and people that dissagree are thoes who used to use the bugs and random luck to win, I will admit its crashy but vastly improved from 0.3

Well done guys :)

Yep, I'll agree with that. In 0.3, I found that it was mainly luck - who could find the "sweet spot" first.

Yeah, there are crashes, but they can be fixed by patches. I think many people are over-reacting or expecting too much.

Now i thought all bugs had been removed and the game was loads smoother and more synced

And from the news post announcing the release:

But please note MTA is still a beta, and as such will not be totally bug nor crash free.

If people choose to assume things with no evidence in thier favour, and in fact much evidence contrary to it, then those people are going to be dissapointed.

First thing that happened when i joined the game after installing MTA 0.4 is after 2 mins of driving my game crashed. It seems like they have ignored the most annoying problem and just added a few new things.

What's the most annoying problem then? That's a new one. The old exception error happened every couple of hours or so (on mine anyway). You also say "a few more things" like it's a small thing - yes, there were small things like the speedo, but there was also a big one - GTA3 support. Obviously if you don't have / don't like GTA3, it's not much use, but nevertheless, it's still a major feature that the team devoted a lot of time to (and hence less time to polishing the mod).

And of course, yes, the problems will be fixed, obviously.

I actually agree with PE (hi PE btw :))

I used to play 0.3 a lot on Iyon's server, but the crashes and jerkiness became too much. So I stopped for a while. I saw the preview videos of 0.4 and I thought the smoothness would be there, but apparently not. And my game lags more than ever. In standard VC I run 1024x768x32 and I get very high frame rates, and in MTA when it's raining I get about 3fps.

:(

I had great expectations of MTA 0.4, but it wasn't all I hoped for. I can only hope some more of the problems are addressed soon.

P.S. I do understand that it's all done by memory hacking, and I also understand that the developers aren't being paid.